What's the oldest, still active, Treaty in CN?

Neuromancer7

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='04 March 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1267739790' post='2214041']
Hey look it's descended into people insulting other alliances' records how unexpected and amusing.
[/quote]

Genuinely sorry about that :(

I checked GATO they have an MDP with ODN. Can anyone tell me how long that one has been around?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='04 March 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1267739236' post='2214025']
VE and Loss disbanded at one point, their treaties don't count.
[/quote]

Are you referring to LOSS wearing NAAC's AA during the Second Polar War? That's the only reference I can find to something like that... And that ended well before the FCC signed our Treaty with them.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1267739834' post='2214043']
The RIA-TTK NAP was signed on October 20th, 2006.
[/quote]

Looks like that's the oldest that's been mentioned thus far.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='04 March 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1267739505' post='2214033']
Was that before or after they left NPO?

Also, read the wording of the treaty, we followed it to the letter.
[/quote]

indeed, picture related [img]http://www.demopolislive.com/gallery/images/1/large/1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg[/img]

I for one think any alliance would be justifiably upset when a NAP is broken by an immediate attack with no warning. Saying since it was nulled and voided by the attack means that you broke the treaty and made it null and void by doing so.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='04 March 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1267739978' post='2214048']
Ah, I was under the impression that it was a general independence statement from before the first war. The general spirit of the treaty existed from then, but I guess it was never commited to pixels.
[/quote]

Aye, the spirit existed, as evidenced by our peace modding during the Christmas Holidays of 2006 and neutrality in GWII but I suppose it was never put to paper until post-GWIII in an effort to assuage any concerns that Legion had become an aggressive alliance due to the nature of our entrance into GWIII

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='04 March 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1267740092' post='2214052']
Genuinely sorry about that :(

I checked GATO they have an MDP with ODN. Can anyone tell me how long that one has been around?
[/quote]

IIRC this is a second incarnation of the original MDP from 2006 due to the fact that GATO exited from their Viceroyalty with no treaties save a NPO PIAT

Like Drai said i would be quite interested in knowing what the oldest existing defensive or higher treaty is.

while NAP's and DoN are nice nothing talks more about an alliances friendships like holding a treaty that demands military action through multiple global wars.

[quote name='Neuromancer7' date='04 March 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1267740093' post='2214053']
Are you referring to LOSS wearing NAAC's AA during the Second Polar War? That's the only reference I can find to something like that... And that ended well before the FCC signed our Treaty with them.

Looks like that's the oldest that's been mentioned thus far.
[/quote]LoSS were made to disappear from alliance politics for ages, by the NPO, if I recall. I can find no record of it on the wiki, but I do have some recollection of a period where they were allowed to do nothing outside of their own AA.

[quote name='anenu' date='04 March 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1267740704' post='2214068']
Like Drai said i would be quite interested in knowing what the oldest existing defensive or higher treaty is.

while NAP's and DoN are nice nothing talks more about an alliances friendships like holding a treaty that demands military action through multiple global wars.
[/quote]

that's all well and good for a lot of alliances...

But a number of the older alliances that have managed to survive... Stayed out of things. The FCC's Very FIRST MDP treaty was Citadel, for example... And while The Fifth Column Confederation is Hardly the oldest alliance in the game... We're on the list that's getting shorter as time goes on. And a number of the other surviving alliances on that list are or have been pretty neutral/uninvolved for a good percentage of their history.

So... I guess I'm trying to say that for many of us... NAP's DoN's and PIAT/ToA style things were all we had way back when.
Our SISTER Treaty is somewhat similar to PIAT's.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='04 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1267739236' post='2214025']
[/quote]
I think since we reformed in September 2007, that any treaties after that point should count. Just because we disbanded doesn't mean any treaty signed after we reformed has no merit. So yes, our treaty with GOD is our oldest standing treaty.

[quote name='Neuromancer7' date='04 March 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1267741319' post='2214088']
that's all well and good for a lot of alliances...

But a number of the older alliances that have managed to survive... Stayed out of things. The FCC's Very FIRST MDP treaty was Citadel, for example... And while The Fifth Column Confederation is Hardly the oldest alliance in the game... We're on the list that's getting shorter as time goes on. And a number of the other surviving alliances on that list are or have been pretty neutral/uninvolved for a good percentage of their history.

So... I guess I'm trying to say that for many of us... NAP's DoN's and PIAT/ToA style things were all we had way back when.
Our SISTER Treaty is somewhat similar to PIAT's.
[/quote]

thats they point i'm making. While some alliances decided not to sign defensive treaties to survive i want to see which alliances that decided they where going to fight side by side no matter what managed to actually fight side by side for the longest without something breaking the relationship apart.

LOSS has never disbanded. LOSS has been alive and kicking since the end of March 06. I can't recall ever having under 100 members since the point the alliance moved over that point, so it was never even on the verge of disbanding. We had a rough patch after after GW3 where we were kinda forced off the global scene, but we were still busying ourselves on pink getting things done. But again, never dipped below 100 members. As for that whole move over to NAAC in polarwar 2, I wasn't around then but from what I have gathered, only the active people moved over to fight. I am sure someone still wore the LOSS tag.

So, again, LOSS is alive and kicking as we always have. 9th oldest active alliance left in the game.

If you want a history of LOSS check out the wiki: [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_the_League_of_Small_Superpowers"]http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_the_League_of_Small_Superpowers[/url]

Nice and detailed.

EDIT: Oh, Hello FCC :)

Edited by LordSlade

[quote name='anenu']
thats they point i'm making. While some alliances decided not to sign defensive treaties to survive i want to see which alliances that decided they where going to fight side by side no matter what managed to actually fight side by side for the longest without something breaking the relationship apart. [/quote]
That's a funny way of phrasing that.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='04 March 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1267739179' post='2214023']
You at PC have no right to talk. Remember that little NAP you guys held with TPF before Karma? You know, the one you "canceled" by breaking.
[/quote]

I know I said that I was ordered to keep radio silence, but I still monitor these channels, as my spaceship is still flying high above planet bob, waiting for clearance to re-enter the atmosphere. It'll take 3 or 4 days they said, but whatever, in the meantime I have to say this.

No one in their right mind can say that the treaty between PC and TPF was signed out of anything other than fear, duress, or whatever other negative term you can think of. It was not a treaty that would have otherwise existed if it were not necessary for PC to get out of terms with TPF. Neither alliance liked each other, and neither alliance was going to honour that treaty.

Many of the people in Poison Clan, those that started Poison Clan, came from TPF, and virtually every single one left because of what they at the time thought was, for lack of a better phrase, TPF starting to suck !@#$@#$ $@!. There was no love for TPF in poison clan, and there was even less love for poison clan in TPF. To hold the breaking of that treaty over Poison Clan's head is just foolish, as, as I have stated already, that treaty would never have been signed if it was not for the fact that it had to be signed, or PC would have been held under terms for a very long time. Taking away raiding from PC would be like taking away tech from TOP.

So, yeah.. you can hold that over Poison Clan, you can hold that treaty over their head if you want to, but neither side cared for the other, neither side liked each other, that treaty would not have been signed if not for it being forced on PC, and it would have been broken by either side the very first chance they got. If PC waited, probably a DAY, TPF would have broke that treaty.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='04 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1267739236' post='2214025']
[/quote]

LoSS has never disbanded. You may be thinking of the Pink era, but we have never disbanded.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='04 March 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1267743179' post='2214126']
I'm nearly certain it's the MHA-Gre treaty (Nov 5, 2006).
[/quote]

No longer active.

[quote name='Ertyy' date='16 January 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1263679976' post='2109876']
The Grämlins hereby announces the cancellation of all its remaining treaties, [b]with the exception of The Härmlin Accords[/b] which [b]has no cancellation clause[/b].
[/quote]

Seeing as the original MHA-Gre MDP [b]did[/b] have a cancellation clause and was superseded by Harmlins, I would say that the above announcement included it.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='04 March 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1267743718' post='2214132']
I know I said that I was ordered to keep radio silence, but I still monitor these channels, as my spaceship is still flying high above planet bob, waiting for clearance to re-enter the atmosphere. It'll take 3 or 4 days they said, but whatever, in the meantime I have to say this.

No one in their right mind can say that the treaty between PC and TPF was signed out of anything other than fear, duress, or whatever other negative term you can think of. It was not a treaty that would have otherwise existed if it were not necessary for PC to get out of terms with TPF. Neither alliance liked each other, and neither alliance was going to honour that treaty.

Many of the people in Poison Clan, those that started Poison Clan, came from TPF, and virtually every single one left because of what they at the time thought was, for lack of a better phrase, TPF starting to suck !@#$@#$ $@!. There was no love for TPF in poison clan, and there was even less love for poison clan in TPF. To hold the breaking of that treaty over Poison Clan's head is just foolish, as, as I have stated already, that treaty would never have been signed if it was not for the fact that it had to be signed, or PC would have been held under terms for a very long time. Taking away raiding from PC would be like taking away tech from TOP.

So, yeah.. you can hold that over Poison Clan, you can hold that treaty over their head if you want to, but neither side cared for the other, neither side liked each other, that treaty would not have been signed if not for it being forced on PC, and it would have been broken by either side the very first chance they got. If PC waited, probably a DAY, TPF would have broke that treaty.[/quote]
It doesn't matter whether you hate each other. You don't break treaties. PC broke it. Breaking the treaty canceled it, but the breaking of the treaty still occurred. However, this is off-topic.

I think it would be awesome if the MCXA-IRON treaty was the longest treaty with a defensive close. I remember most of IRON being like "wtf?" when Freezer signed it saying that it was either treaty them or get rolled by FAN.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='04 March 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1267741108' post='2214082']
LoSS were made to disappear from alliance politics for ages, by the NPO, if I recall. I can find no record of it on the wiki, but I do have some recollection of a period where they were allowed to do nothing outside of their own AA.
[/quote]

under great war 3 surrender terms we were sent to pink and not allowed to sign any military treatys. economic treatys and other stuff were1. All MDP's which LoSS shared were downgraded to PIATS. became neutral and couldnt come back in the war

Edited by legion-x