A BAPS DoW

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owned-You' date='20 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1266696471' post='2194028']
You clearly display in your signature "Dean Of Diplomatic Affairs" in your signature.
[/quote]
That is almost my title. My actual title is "Dean of the Diplomatic Corps."

Yeah I need to work on making my sigfile clearer. Sue me, I'm lazy, and Jor gave me a very wordy title. :D

[quote name='Owned-You' date='20 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1266696471' post='2194028']
As such, I'd assume your in control of Invicta's diplomats and by extension have a large hand in shaping the FA of Invicta.
[/quote]
No, I am not.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs is in charge of our diplomats. That used to be my title, well I've actually had like forty-two separate titles at one time or another, but that was one of them :)

The position Dean of the Diplomatic Corps was basically created for me. I am a kind of elder statesman; I have no authority to order anyone around in Invicta government unless specifically granted such authority for specific purposes by Jorost or one of the other senior government members. I do have quite significant experience inside Invicta government and in diplomatic matters around Planet Bob, and my advice is fairly often listened to (it should be listened to more often, grr, especially by our allies), but I don't have authority.

I am, generally, in the loop about matters relating to Invicta and our allies, as well.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='20 February 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1266704122' post='2194161']
He also signs treaties and tries to threaten people that take their senate seat. When you call them up on it, suddenly he isn't in gov anymore :lol1: .
[/quote]
Huh?

I've been in Invicta government continuously since November of '07. Nobody's ever debated that.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='20 February 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1266691822' post='2193911']
I'll get right on that when you guys start looking out for the Polars.
[/quote]

Again, with the pretending to be relevant to the NV-NpO relationship?

Does it bother you [i]that much[/i] not to be in the loop?

[quote name='tamerlane' date='20 February 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1266704880' post='2194167']
Poor BAPS D:
[/quote]
Your pitty is wasted on us, our friends, our genuine friends who fight with us against impossible are all we need. The pity of those we dont respect is not something we require. Our yard stick is different than yours. It doesnt retract or expand depending circumstances we are faced with. It will always reach our allies.

[quote name='mhawk' date='20 February 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1266689813' post='2193851']
Highlighting overstretched is sliding over the very likely possibility that the vast majority of the outrage was over fighting two sides of a war. Many other alliances have been overstretched and fighting on, yet that same comparison has not occurred.
[/quote]

That and perhaps the fact that they had specifically said they would not be declaring in defense of MK to TOP. I think perhaps it is the overall hypocrisy of starting a war, then declaring war on those who came to assist you.

Also, well done BAPS. Enjoy destroying pixels.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='21 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1266711437' post='2194286']
I think perhaps it is the overall hypocrisy of starting a war, then declaring war on those who came to assist you.

Also, well done BAPS. Enjoy destroying pixels.
[/quote]

TOP's motives were certainly not to assist Polar, they declared for their own reasons. Nice try though, hun.

[img]http://anacarlo.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/father-ted-careful-now.jpg[/img]

I see there are some BAPS citizens protesting this latest declaration of war. We of Himynamistan salute the right-thinking clergy of Craggy Island for speaking their minds on this topic.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='21 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1266715607' post='2194341']
[img]http://anacarlo.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/father-ted-careful-now.jpg[/img]

I see there are some BAPS citizens protesting this latest declaration of war. We of Himynamistan salute the right-thinking clergy of Craggy Island for speaking their minds on this topic.
[/quote]

No that's Alterego on his mammoth 563 day protest against CnG. :D

Edited by Nobody Expects

[quote name='Nobody Expects' date='20 February 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1266715727' post='2194344']
No that's Alterego on his mammoth 563 day protest against CnG. :D
[/quote]

Is he the one behind the "Careful Now" sign? Or is this Alterego?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Jackstartled.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1266710061' post='2194259']
Your pitty is wasted on us, our friends, our genuine friends who fight with us against impossible are all we need. The pity of those we dont respect is not something we require. Our yard stick is different than yours. It doesnt retract or expand depending circumstances we are faced with. It will always reach our allies.
[/quote]

And people say I have issues letting things go.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='20 February 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1266684067' post='2193721']
While I respect BAPS for this, I must of course support my allies in Nueva Vida.
[/quote]

Having seen both in action, it's not difficult at all to respect these hard-fighting, honorable alliances.

My money is still on the Vidians.

[quote name='Jorost' date='20 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1266728814' post='2194589']
o/ BAPS!

Welcome to the party! Just throw your coats on the bed; beer's in the fridge! Later we're doing Jaeger shots!
[/quote]

Those that can still afford to stock their drinks cabinets, that is...

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 February 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1266688432' post='2193817']
When Polar is overstretched and declares to support MK it is all OH THE HUMANITY OF THE REQUEST. SHAME ON MK! When BAPS is overstretched and does it, it is all OMG BAPS YOU ROCK THANKS FOR HELPING! YOU ARE GREAT ALLIES. INVICTA NEEDS THE HELP!

Now that I have pointed out how ridiculous some of us sound.....

Good Luck BAPS and give them hell.
[/quote]
UM didnt NpO declare on an alliance that was there to help them a little while back. Just saying not even close to the same situation.

now back to the heil fest

o/ BAPS

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='21 February 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1266734642' post='2194713']
UM didnt NpO declare on an alliance that was there to help them a little while back. Just saying not even close to the same situation.

now back to the heil fest

o/ BAPS
[/quote]

NpO recently changed its relationship status to "It's Complicated." Let's all give them some space.

In the meantime, NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUR!

[quote name='zzzptm' date='21 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1266735342' post='2194733']
NpO recently changed its relationship status to "It's Complicated." Let's all give them some space.

In the meantime, NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUR!
[/quote]
Just saying Airmes dislike of purple seems to tint his view sometimes is all.

[quote name='Alterego' date='20 February 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1266710061' post='2194259']
[/quote]
The fact that tamerlane still respects BAPS after all the !@#$ you've thrown at MK speaks bounds of the attitude of the rest of your alliance.

Good luck, BAPS.

Edited by Rey the Great

[quote name='Starfox101' date='21 February 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1266736494' post='2194764']
Alright, we get it. You guys think you're really good at war.

Hopefully you don't start claiming to be destroying NV.
[/quote]
They dont think it starfox its been proven. This has nothing to do with thinking anything. Invicta has been piled on BAPS had some nations allowed to slip to PM Baps said he lets give them a hand so they did. Its not some PR stunt its who they are and those of us allied to them appreciate it. Unlike others they didnt come out grandstanding they know what there up against and they did it anyway.