Who is taking the biggest beating in this war?

Kijuna69

1,017 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265937433' post='2176008']
My views do not represent those of The Legion's government or of the Alliance as a whole. So please its [i]my[/i] conduct on this board. I find it funny how sanctioned alliances can get such big headed of their superiority, while the smaller in alliances fight with honor and dignity. I honestly believe that TCI, Asgaard, TOS, TTK, etc. Have more honor and certainly more military prowess than Sparta, with plenty to spare. Than the gaggle of Sparta members that have probably never even clicked the link to a war guide. If you want to minimalize my alliance's contribution to the war, so be it. I honestly couldn't pity you any more. Because seeing a once great alliance in severe denial as they plummet to the ground is a sad affair. Also after trying to get us to pay reps, they tried to offer white peace. I'm still curious about that.
[/quote]

No, you're second in command is pretty much spouting the same nonsense as you so I think you're quite good at representing Legion actually.

If we're trying to be honest here, Legion has done something I thought not possible. They've become far worse than the Legion of GWIII.

The reason we offered white peace was for strategic reasons because some of us are needed to help on other fronts and are actually contributing to our sides war effort. Trust me, I was not one who wanted to give you anything to resembling white peace after seeing your conduct in this war.

Does it disturb you only legion thinks they're doing anything of worth? I'd love to see your allies come on here and defend you. Go along little one, go ask the big kids for some moral support.

EDIT: Also, how are you even holding your head up when you're so reliant on TOP war aid. I'd be more embarrassed than anything else.

It's a damn shame some of Legion's more respectable members aren't representing your alliance in public rather than the likes of you. You personally are like the small dog yapping because it's too irrelevant otherwise.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nobody Expects' date='12 February 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1266023626' post='2178445']
A beating is relative to how much you have the fortitude to take and what you are able to dish out, not the percentage of your stats you have lost.
[/quote]

Aye, absolutely. Think of it as a workout. If you can handle it, you get the satisfaction of burning off those pesky "hard to lose" infra levels. For those who are faint of heart they crack and whine about their bruises, others take pride in their battle scars and don't acquire that "victimization" attitude. Obviously BAPS and Val are enjoying their "infra burn" which is both unsurprising and laudable. Their also dishing out an insane amount so I find it difficult to say they are getting beat up.

[quote name='Nedved I' date='11 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265937433' post='2176008']
My views do not represent those of The Legion's government or of the Alliance as a whole. So please its [i]my[/i] conduct on this board. I find it funny how sanctioned alliances can get such big headed of their superiority, while the smaller in alliances fight with honor and dignity. I honestly believe that TCI, Asgaard, TOS, TTK, etc. Have more honor and certainly more military prowess than Sparta, with plenty to spare. Than the gaggle of Sparta members that have probably never even clicked the link to a war guide. If you want to minimalize my alliance's contribution to the war, so be it. I honestly couldn't pity you any more. Because seeing a once great alliance in severe denial as they plummet to the ground is a sad affair. Also after trying to get us to pay reps, they tried to offer white peace. I'm still curious about that.
[/quote]
Fo Sho...

TCI, ASG, TOS, and TTK are doing a great job - I consider it a success on Sparta's part to be affiliated with these guys.

Obligatory: NOU from Sparta.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1265862549' post='2173899']
I still don't see anything that's strained our relations with alliances any more so than most other alliances at war. Feel free to find me on IRC [Arsenal] or respond here if you can elaborate. I'm genuinely curious.

As for CnG, I can assure you that we have options available to us, but why would we want to separate from CnG? We're a fairly new addition, and we like it here. :]
[/quote]
Almost the entire orange team is getting crippled and completely destroyed, ODN members seemed to be in full war mode on the forum talking about sides to oppose NpO in their war against \m/, yet now you're helping the orange team get destroyed over semantics. You're the Orange Defense Network yet you take no responsibility for the entire orange team getting destroyed including yourselves who happen to be on the opposite side as the rest of the orange team in the war. I remember you guys announcing some type of one way defense pact with the entire orange team back in the day, now you guys seem content helping most of the orange team get destroyed over grudges. I know you were declared on, but doesn't change that you already appeared to of chosen a side before that and they didn't plan to drag this out.

The orange team seems to be getting hit the hardest in this war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1266061634' post='2179108']
[/quote]

I would say that is almost certainly true. To be honest though, it is how it has informally been for quite some time. TOP-IRON-TORN-DAWN on one side of the sphere, ODN-Van on the other, LEO somewhere more in the middle to ODN leaning . We have a lot of Orange on Orange crime during this war unfortunately, but alas, perhaps thats what happens when certain groups balk over a treaty whose only real requirement was a NAP (see FOK!, ODN, tR, INT all leave OUT a couple months ago).

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='13 February 2010 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1266065377' post='2179147']
I would say that is almost certainly true. To be honest though, it is how it has informally been for quite some time. TOP-IRON-TORN-DAWN on one side of the sphere, ODN-Van on the other, LEO somewhere more in the middle to ODN leaning . We have a lot of Orange on Orange crime during this war unfortunately, but alas, perhaps thats what happens when certain groups balk over a treaty whose only real requirement was a NAP (see FOK!, ODN, tR, INT all leave OUT a couple months ago).
[/quote]

It shows how badly you guys mucked up relations to have great and respectable alliances like FOK and Int not want to have NAPs with you.

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 11:47 AM' timestamp='1266061634' post='2179108']
Almost the entire orange team is getting crippled and completely destroyed, ODN members seemed to be in full war mode on the forum talking about sides to oppose NpO in their war against \m/, yet now you're helping the orange team get destroyed over semantics. You're the Orange Defense Network yet you take no responsibility for the entire orange team getting destroyed including yourselves who happen to be on the opposite side as the rest of the orange team in the war. I remember you guys announcing some type of one way defense pact with the entire orange team back in the day, now you guys seem content helping most of the orange team get destroyed over grudges. I know you were declared on, but doesn't change that you already appeared to of chosen a side before that and they didn't plan to drag this out.

[/quote]
Such ridiculous notions. Colour loyalty is an outmoded concept. The ODN's loyalties should lie with their allies, not the orange team. Thinking otherwise is nonsensical.

Also, if TOP/IRON/TORN/DAWN cared about the welfare of the orange team, they wouldn't have aggressively declared on a bloc with not one, but two orange alliances in it, a bloc which also has strong links to tR, INT and FOK.

Edited by WhatOnceWas

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266061634' post='2179108']

[/quote]
FOK is doing great and we are orange too :)

Vanguard has never have cared about team color loyalty, although many orange alliances feel strong about it. ODN used to and are a sovereign alliance who can make their own decisions.

Edit: FOK does have a history of caring about team color loyalty, just their treaties make things hard for them sometimes.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1266076402' post='2179280']
FOK and Vanguard have never have cared about team color loyalty, although many orange alliances feel strong about it. ODN used to and are a sovereign alliance who can make their own decisions.
[/quote]
If FOK wouldn't care about team colour loyalty they would not put so many effort in the League of Extraordinary Oranges: the #1 orange bloc.

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1266076402' post='2179280']
FOK and Vanguard have never have cared about team color loyalty, although many orange alliances feel strong about it. ODN used to and are a sovereign alliance who can make their own decisions.
[/quote]
You have never been more wrong.

[/quote]
Seriously you have no clue what you are talking about. I would say FOK cared more about color friendship than the other big orange alliances with the exception of ODN ofcourse.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='14 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266065377' post='2179147']
[/quote]

Leaving OUT was one of the ODN's best decisions. If TOP had DoWed all of C&G with the exception of the ODN (because we were stuck in OUT)- the ODN would be powerless to help our C&G MADP allies. Leaving OUT was, therefore, clearly a good decision on our behalf.

The Orange sphere is not hugely affected by this war. Trades are not (apart from a few exceptions) being cancelled and sanctions are not being applied. The fact it is orange v orange is largely irrelevant.

The Orange sphere was once reasonably united- but since the larger alliances drifted apart- colour unity became almost irresponsible.

Also- at the anti FOK comments- they are completely baseless. FOK is probably the only remaining 'large' alliance that truly cares about Orange unity.

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 February 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1266079870' post='2179339']
My statement still stands for Vanguard, but I'm glad to see FOK eager to prove its not an outdated concept.
[/quote]
I'm in Vanguard. I hate the idea of team treaties. Why would you want to be allied to alliances that you hate just because you share the same color? I hate TOP, they hate us. A treaty would be stupid.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='13 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1266104456' post='2179894']
I'm in Vanguard. I hate the idea of team treaties. Why would you want to be allied to alliances that you hate just because you share the same color? I hate TOP, they hate us. A treaty would be stupid.
[/quote]
Brown team actually seems to get along quite well together.

I guess being e-neighbors is kind of a great icebreaker.

[quote name='jamesdanaher' date='13 February 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1266098148' post='2179766']
Leaving OUT was one of the ODN's best decisions. If TOP had DoWed all of C&G with the exception of the ODN (because we were stuck in OUT)- the ODN would be powerless to help our C&G MADP allies. Leaving OUT was, therefore, clearly a good decision on our behalf. [/quote]
I dont know where this view that the OUT NAP trumps every other treaty comes from but I can tell you that no one in TOP would hold that NAP against you if we attacked one of your MDP partners.
[quote]
The Orange sphere is not hugely affected by this war. Trades are not (apart from a few exceptions) being cancelled and sanctions are not being applied. The fact it is orange v orange is largely irrelevant.
[/quote]
I agree, a few nations have been surprised by the fact that trades get's canceleed by dow's, but orange "stability" is in no danger.
[quote]
The Orange sphere was once reasonably united- but since the larger alliances drifted apart- colour unity became almost irresponsible.
[/quote]
I would disagree, orange has never been united, it's strength has always resided in that the alliances living there not doing stupid !@#$ as forcing other alliances away from the sphere.
With the exception of WoTC every major war on planet Bob since GWII has had two of the 4 biggest alliances on orange on different sides. GWII: TOP & OPA, GWIII: TOP & ODN, UjW: FOK & IRON, Karma: IRON & FOK/TOP/ODN, Bipolar: IRON/TOP & FOK/ODN.

With that said, orange is getting hit hard in this war, and I would disagree with the fact that FOK is acting "against" orange.