Purple Curbstomp

MaGneT

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Erwin Schrodinger' date='09 February 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1265773754' post='2171778']
Definitely don't want to destroy purple... my trades have just settled into mild stability!
[/quote]

yes but lets not let facts get in the way of rhetoric

[quote name='Alterego' date='09 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265756418' post='2171353']
There will be plenty in 3 weeks, hope your small non nuclear SDI free nations like WRC powered nukes. :)
[/quote]

lol.. we can recruit nations that size faster than you can destroy them :P

Not only that, but you should really check how many R&R members are actually at war with Invicta. Whether you like it or not, we are not currently involved in the curb stop despite having several doze active members who are not currently engaged on Invicta nations.

From my own personal opinion, this entire war is $%#@$#%@

But at least it teaches valuable CN life lessons, lol.

Edited by Lyra
Filter evasion removed

[quote name='Guffey' date='09 February 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1265770353' post='2171673']
I just think iFOK is jealous of PU. jealous that purple has stayed together despite the differences, despite all the past mistakes, despite all the pressure Stickmen put on PU. They are jealous that PU did not break during Karma, and during the months after Karma during their senate struggle. People have wanted PU to fail the second purple was unified. and Stickmen are trying to do that now.
[/quote]
Trials by fire always help, to be honest.

Sphere struggles are always political suicide, though.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='10 February 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1265766961' post='2171613']
Whether it was you or former Government, the alliance affiliation "Invicta" has wronged our brothers at iFOK. This is your opportunity to accept it, rather than to cry like mhawk did about how unfair it is. The same thing will always be there on Poison Clan's name - accept it, embrace it, and deal with it.
[/quote]
iFOK & Co came to Purple with the intention of disrupting it as much as possible. They intended to set up their own bloc on Purple and said they would make no attempt to work with the people already on Purple. Once they actually moved they didnt wait long before repeatedly attacking invicta at every opportunity even though they were one of the more welcoming alliances on the sphere. You know as much as our sphere as I do about yours but I dont make statements like X alliance on black must have done something at some point against our allies because they are attacking you thats your crime.

[quote name='juslen' date='10 February 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1265780772' post='2172077']
lol.. we can recruit nations that size faster than you can destroy them :P

Not only that, but you should really check how many R&R members are actually at war with Invicta. Whether you like it or not, we are not currently involved in the curb stop despite having several doze active members who are not currently engaged on Invicta nations.

From my own personal opinion, this entire war is bulls**t [/quote]
You are part of a curbstomp. History wont show the number of wars R&R fought, it will just show they were part of a group that beat most of Purple down to a fraction of its size and probably a fraction of its membership depending how long the war rages for.

[quote]
But at least it teaches valuable CN life lessons, lol.
[/quote]
This is our 4th time curbstomped in 3 years, whats the lesson? Dont say pick better allies because you are fighting with stickmen to destroy a sphere for no reason other than we didnt spoon with them when they moved to purple despite their desire not to interact with us.

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 February 2010 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1265786092' post='2172253']
iFOK & Co came to Purple with the intention of disrupting it as much as possible.[/quote]
Wrong, I'd like to see some proof to back up these accusations.
[quote]
They intended to set up their own bloc on Purple and said they would make no attempt to work with the people already on Purple. [/quote]
Newsflash enlightened one: We already had our own bloc, we simply moved it to Purple. And your last statement is also incorrect. We tried to work with Purple in the trade area but we weren't really welcomed so we quickly left. True we didn't want to join your little silly bloc. Which sane alliance would?

[quote]Once they actually moved they didnt wait long before repeatedly attacking invicta at every opportunity even though they were [b]one of the more welcoming alliances on the sphere[/b].[/quote] Incorrect again, Invicta was one of the least welcoming alliances on the sphere. Avalon and MASH were ok though.
[quote]You know as much as our sphere as I do about yours but I dont make statements like X alliance on black must have done something at some point against our allies because they are attacking you thats your crime.[/quote]
You have just shown that you no nothing about [b]our[/b] sphere.

[quote]
You are part of a curbstomp. History wont show the number of wars R&R fought, it will just show they were part of a group that beat most of Purple down to a fraction of its size and probably a fraction of its membership depending how long the war rages for.[/quote]
Stop it before you discredit yourself and your whole alliance.. oh wait :smug:

[quote]This is our 4th time curbstomped in 3 years, whats the lesson? Dont say pick better allies because you are fighting with stickmen to destroy a sphere for no reason other than we didnt spoon with them when they moved to purple despite their desire not to interact with us.[/quote]
I'll give BAPS some respect because you guys are good fighters. so respect guys.

I'll say this one more time, Stickmen are not out to destroy the Purple sphere. True, we have no desire to join that silly bloc of yours but that is quite different than us wanting to see Purple getting destroyed.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1265786092' post='2172253']
iFOK & Co came to Purple with the intention of disrupting it as much as possible. They intended to set up their own bloc on Purple and said they would make no attempt to work with the people already on Purple. Once they actually moved they didnt wait long before repeatedly attacking invicta at every opportunity even though they were one of the more welcoming alliances on the sphere. You know as much as our sphere as I do about yours but I dont make statements like X alliance on black must have done something at some point against our allies because they are attacking you thats your crime.

You are part of a curbstomp. History wont show the number of wars R&R fought, it will just show they were part of a group that beat most of Purple down to a fraction of its size and probably a fraction of its membership depending how long the war rages for.

This is our 4th time curbstomped in 3 years, whats the lesson? Dont say pick better allies because you are fighting with stickmen to destroy a sphere for no reason other than we didnt spoon with them when they moved to purple despite their desire not to interact with us.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh yes.. 4 purple alliances declared war on R&R. I can count the wars, actually I have every single war documented via a spreadsheet. There were 175 of them. R&R's 4.3 million NS Vs. 16 million NS on Purplol.

Was R&R crying curb stomp? Nope

That is why its ironic, that one of the alliances that was part of the 4 that declared on us is now crying about a curb stop that WE are part of. Fine.. I guess we are part of a curb stomp. But I think history reveals two sides, you just happen to be on the losing end of it.

Like I said, from my perspective I don't see any animosity towards Invicta in regards to the daily activities of R&R. I said I have to respect you guys for taking such a beating, as I have seen many Invicta members saying "bring it on!" But I guess there always has to be someone out there who does all the complaining for those who are simply doing their jobs and fighting their wars like they were told to.

I don't gain any brownie points by being civil, I suppose I should just jump on the bandwagon and go "hahahaha curb stomp.. goodbye purplol.... orange pwns!!!" :awesome:

Edited by juslen

[quote name='Alterego' date='10 February 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1265786092' post='2172253']
You are part of a curbstomp. History wont show the number of wars R&R fought, it will just show they were part of a group that beat most of Purple down to a fraction of its size and probably a fraction of its membership depending how long the war rages for.[/quote]
If Purple is so concerned for its size and member count, perhaps the alliances within it should cease supporting a war of aggression with no [i]casus belli[/i] behind it.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='juslen' date='10 February 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1265796729' post='2172392']
Ahhhhhhhh yes.. 4 purple alliances declared war on R&R.[/quote]

Which 4 alliances from purple DoWd onto RnR pray tell? Methinks you are missinformed.

[quote] R&R's 4.3 million NS Vs. 16 million NS on Purplol. [/quote]

So the above 4 purple alliances which DoWd onto RnR(which im waiting for you to say which alliances these could be) add upto 16mil NS? Did you get this info from the same newsletter you got the above info from too? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Denial' date='10 February 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1265797318' post='2172397']
If Purple is so concerned for its size and member count, perhaps the alliances within it should cease supporting a war of aggression with no [i]casus belli[/i] behind it.
[/quote]

After what 'your' side pulled in this war(points to the OP of THIS thread for one quick example) after the IRON/TOP spark lit things off? You try and spout the above kinda crap?

You sir indeed endeavor to embody your ruler name. Kudos

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 February 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1265797534' post='2172403']
After what 'your' side pulled in this war(points to the OP of THIS thread for one quick example) after the IRON/TOP spark lit things off? You try and spout the above kinda crap?

You sir indeed endeavor to embody your ruler name. Kudos
[/quote]
Valhalla: Where utilising treaties to defend allies that were attacked without cause is considered worse than aggressively attacking an entire bloc for no other reason than paranoia.

[quote name='Denial' date='10 February 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1265798418' post='2172409']
Valhalla: Where utilising treaties to defend allies that were attacked without cause is considered worse than aggressively attacking an entire bloc for no other reason than paranoia.
[/quote]

If Valhalla, and purple alliances respectively decided not to DoW, C&G and friends would have hemorrhaged rhetoric such as "Purple doesn't even stand up for its allies" - "They value their Infra and tech more than their friends" and "Purple - Neutral only during war". And yes, these are general examples I have already heard that side spewing.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='10 February 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1265792812' post='2172357']
Wrong, I'd like to see some proof to back up these accusations.

Newsflash enlightened one: We already had our own bloc, we simply moved it to Purple. And your last statement is also incorrect. We tried to work with Purple in the trade area but we weren't really welcomed so we quickly left. True we didn't want to join your little silly bloc. Which sane alliance would?
[/quote]

So, you had plan to disrupt purple in the long term, get some purple alliances to your side, maybe ignite a war in the process? What were your plans, if i may ask?

Edited by terveis

Let me make this clear as one of the triums of iFOK: we're not in this war to destroy the purple sphere and we're not looking for an eternal war with Invicta with harsh terms. I know Invicta still thinks we're out to destroy them, but it simply isn't true. We're fighting to help out friends, just like you are doing. And when you want to stop fighting, just query me on IRC and I'm sure we'll be able to end this war.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 February 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1265797402' post='2172400']
Which 4 alliances from purple DoWd onto RnR pray tell? Methinks you are missinformed.

So the above 4 purple alliances which DoWd onto RnR(which im waiting for you to say which alliances these could be) add upto 16mil NS? Did you get this info from the same newsletter you got the above info from too? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Quantum, Hydra UPN and Invicta, they did count for like 13 million NS add NSO's 3 million and you are on 16 million NS. Back then Invicta still had a lot of NS. So it's kinda hypocritical from them to make so much fuss about it when they did the same thing too, like only a week ago.

[quote]UPN was the alliance that declared war on R&R twice already, during Karma and now during this mess. But I believe they are Neutral at the moment. I think the only "hate" will come if the 3rd time is the charm for them [/quote]

They say familiarity breeds contempt, but, for me at least, it was rather quite the opposite. I sort of like RnR now for whatever god-forsaken reason. And that won't really change the 3rd time UPN and RnR square off -- and that seems a fair likelihood given the web and the general disposition o SF toward UPN and such.

Also, tough to disagree with Juslen's bottomline take: @#$%@#$% war.

Back to iFOK-Invicta.

[quote name='terveis' date='10 February 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1265799788' post='2172425']
So, you had plan to disrupt purple in the long term, get some purple alliances to your side, maybe ignite a war in the process? What were your plans, if i may ask?
[/quote]

Our plan was to get all Stickmen alliances to one color to increase the tightness of our bloc. That's it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='10 February 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1265814548' post='2172594']
Our plan was to get all Stickmen alliances to one color to increase the tightness of our bloc. That's it.
[/quote]
So you picked the color with probably the tightest color bloc around, and then proceded to poke and jab at them whenever possible?

[quote name='Locke' date='10 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1265817462' post='2172671']
So you picked the color with probably the tightest color bloc around, and then proceded to poke and jab at them whenever possible?
[/quote]

This has all been explained in high detail and I'm not gonna rehash everything for you. Even if I did, you will disagree anyway. So what's the use?

[quote name='chefjoe' date='10 February 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1265797402' post='2172400']

[/quote]

My apologies, as its been pointed out it was around 13 million not 16 million. But we did get hit by 4 purple alliances. Needless to say, my main point was the fact that its been stated that R&R will be seen as part of this curb stomp, I was merely pointing out the fact that we do not have any agenda. Just doing our jobs. But that should be fairly obvious considering our 3 year track record so I will I guess I need to move onto bigger and better discussions :D

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='09 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1265766961' post='2171613']
When you take over an alliance, you inherit the mistakes it made in the past and reputation that comes along with it. You don't just all of a sudden have it disappear. You, like mhawk at TPF, seem to be immersed in some kind of fantasy that old grudges just die because some new guy marches around saying that because he's in charge, everything is different. Whether it was you or former Government, the alliance affiliation "Invicta" has wronged our brothers at iFOK. This is your opportunity to accept it, rather than to cry like mhawk did about how unfair it is. The same thing will always be there on Poison Clan's name - accept it, embrace it, and deal with it.
[/quote]

You're the guy that stated the only way you can maintain PC's activity is by embellishing artificial grudges and playing victim. How about you accept Poison Clan arbitrarily gets enraged, embrace the stupidity of it, and deal with your handicap.