Purple Curbstomp

MaGneT

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='09 February 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1265749932' post='2171141']
That's 14 total...and a 15 yard penalty for piling on. I didn't realize Invicta was so damn dangerous.
[/quote]
Not really dangerous, just fun to see them complaining about the amount of alliances that formally declared war, when most of them only have a few nations engaged. :P

In any case, have fun the lot of those who are fighting each other on this front.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='09 February 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1265749932' post='2171141']
That's 14 total...and a 15 yard penalty for piling on. I didn't realize Invicta was so damn dangerous.
[/quote]

Because we are that awesome.

o/ Invicta
o/ Jorost
o/ WAR!

Edited by Daniel P

[quote name='Tromp' date='09 February 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1265750399' post='2171157']
Not really dangerous, just fun to see them complaining about the amount of alliances that formally declared war, when most of them only have a few nations engaged. :P

In any case, have fun the lot of those who are fighting each other on this front.
[/quote]

ah, but we aren't complaining. We take it as a compliment.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='09 February 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1265749932' post='2171141']
[/quote]
Yeah, I brought that up to Shovel and he ignored me :awesome:
Besides, in CN, going up against insane odds becomes something of a badge of honor in later times, while being on the overwhelming-force side becomes a mark of stigma. I'd much rather be in the former group.

[quote name='Learz' date='09 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1265751484' post='2171188']
Yeah, I brought that up to Shovel and he ignored me :awesome:
Besides, in CN, going up against insane odds becomes something of a badge of honor in later times, while being on the overwhelming-force side becomes a mark of stigma. I'd much rather be in the former group.
[/quote]
Sure didn't work that way in Karma. :wacko:

I don't know much of the politics involved in all of this. I have been here for two years and have been a part of purple and Invicta since the beginning. I know that Invicta is a great group of guys and girls. They have always been fair, on matters such as this. Yes, in the Karma wars we were mostly unscathed.. but that came from actually doing our part and working together. That is no reason to create a backlash against alliances that just happened to be the lucky ones, that time around. It is clear, that when Invicta protected one of our allies, we were left open to attack. That much is definitely clear. What isn't too clear is how it got to be apparently 17 alliances attacking Invicta. How a policy of NO nukes turned into a few random nukes. Which, mind you we didn't retaliate till around the time where we figured out that lots of us have been "accidentally" nuked. Then we took it upon ourselves to even the score a little. That much is expected. But what isn't expected is to see nations bordering NS of 14K and such with a full stockade of nukes... That is cute.

Basically what I am saying with my ranting is this... This war, was just a convenient excuse to systematically deconstruct certain alliances that might pose a threat in the near future.

Feels ironically realistic.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='09 February 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1265749932' post='2171141']
A quick survey of Invicta's wars found these AA:

RnR
Nordreich
Nueva Vida
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes
DT Probes
iFOK
The Resistance
Finnish Cooperation Organization
The Dark Templar
The International
League of Soviet Nations
FOK
Mazda USA (cute <_< )
Poison Clan

[/quote]

:awesome:

YEAH!

Also, I heard of these things called n00ks.. can I glow purple yet?

P.S. You all still have a chance to get out alive. Simply change your AA to "Timmeh POW", and we'll be cool.

Bring on the nukes!
I

The funny thing is, the only reason Invicta got hit by R&R was because our lower level nations had no targets in BAPS and Olympus. Kind of Ironic considering Invicta hit us during the first stage of the war with NSO.

I must commend Invicta however because they are indeed getting hit by at least 12 different alliances. As for hate? Not so much, at least not from my perspective in my alliance.

UPN was the alliance that declared war on R&R twice already, during Karma and now during this mess. But I believe they are Neutral at the moment. I think the only "hate" will come if the 3rd time is the charm for them :awesome:

Other than that, this entire war is just a mess. We are all defending allies while those at the top continue to wage their wars of revenge. Oh well.. this is my first Nuclear War.. purple glows very pretty!

edit: spelling

Edited by juslen

[quote name='juslen' date='09 February 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1265755851' post='2171338']
The funny thing is, the only reason Invicta got hit by R&R was because our lower level nations had no targets in BAPS and Olympus. Kind of Ironic considering Invicta hit us during the first stage of the war with NSO.
[/quote]
There will be plenty in 3 weeks, hope your small non nuclear SDI free nations like WRC powered nukes. :)

[quote name='Locke' date='09 February 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1265752673' post='2171230']
Sure didn't work that way in Karma. :wacko:
[/quote]
I was thinking of FAN, and possibly Vox :P
Plus it seems like everyone negatively refers to the NPO's cronies when they curbstomped someone.
:ph34r:

[quote name='Learz' date='09 February 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1265761877' post='2171508']
Plus it seems like everyone negatively refers to the NPO's cronies when they curbstomped someone.
[/quote]

I have a feeling that this fact will be completely ignored. It's funny how some still don't realize when something is smacking them right in the face?

[quote name='Amonra' date='09 February 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1265749174' post='2171110']
I stand correceted, as I said that list was a few days old and it seems indeed that those wars have peaced out.
I also found 2 Micro's that apperatnly have joined the frey as well - Leauge of Soviet Nations and Mazda USA.. so maybe we count them as a half.

So then we would be at 11 1/2... there happy?
[/quote]

You really are trying pretty hard to come up with alliances you are fighting, aren't you? The nation from League of Soviet Nations is 384 NS, who's link can be found [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=378755"]HERE[/url]. If you are, in fact, afraid of this one nation, I'm beyond amused. Mazda USA is a member of Poison Clan who was dancing around AA's and having some fun before attacking. The other three random alliances you came up with are stray noob nations.

The "we've been hit by X number alliances" thing is about as worthless as pointing out how an alliance is using peace mode in their war strategy. A number of alliances may be fighting one in game war with you and are using treaty chaining to move allied forces around to appropriate fronts. War is all about match ups. If you still don't understand that, maybe it's a clear sign why Purple's face is being used to mop the floor.

[quote name='Jorost' date='09 February 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1265745315' post='2170986']
I don't know how all this Purple hatred started. I have heard stories, of course. But I wasn't an active player on the international front when it all started, so it's all secondhand to me.

What I [i]do[/i] know is that it's ridiculous. Whatever it's based on is old stuff, 2007-2008 or so, which is an eternity in Bob-time. But the hatreds and prejudices get passed on to the newbies, who in turn pass it on when they are the settled, established players. The next thing you know people are throwing around lolpurples without ever having stopped to ask why.

Whatever perceived "offenses" my alliance may have committed in that distant past, they were not under my watch. I have been the leader of Invicta for one year. And in that time I have seen almost all of my government members turn over. In fact, many of my members -- including most of my current government officers -- have never even met the founders of Invicta. We are not the same Invicta we were in 2008. I am tired of bearing the stigma for things I had nothing to do with.
[/quote]

When you take over an alliance, you inherit the mistakes it made in the past and reputation that comes along with it. You don't just all of a sudden have it disappear. You, like mhawk at TPF, seem to be immersed in some kind of fantasy that old grudges just die because some new guy marches around saying that because he's in charge, everything is different. Whether it was you or former Government, the alliance affiliation "Invicta" has wronged our brothers at iFOK. This is your opportunity to accept it, rather than to cry like mhawk did about how unfair it is. The same thing will always be there on Poison Clan's name - accept it, embrace it, and deal with it.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='09 February 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1265766961' post='2171613']
Whether it was you or former Government, the alliance affiliation "Invicta" has wronged our brothers at iFOK.
[/quote]
For those of us out of the loop, could you help us out and explain that?

I just think iFOK is jealous of PU. jealous that purple has stayed together despite the differences, despite all the past mistakes, despite all the pressure Stickmen put on PU. They are jealous that PU did not break during Karma, and during the months after Karma during their senate struggle. People have wanted PU to fail the second purple was unified. and Stickmen are trying to do that now.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='05 February 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1265389639' post='2161621']
if your goal is to destroy purple then you are doomed to fail.
[/quote]

yes, of course, our goal is to destroy the sphere of which we are a part. in fact, best case scenario: this war against invicta causes there to no longer be a purple option for team colour.

:rolleyes:
:awesome: