Purple Curbstomp

MaGneT

[quote name='MaGneT' date='13 February 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1266111618' post='2180053']
Never ever did I see Valhalla participate in a "curbstomp", oh no.
(Most of those probably had larger NS % gaps than this one, anyway)
[/quote]

Val has never participated in any ghost DoW spaghetti chain in its life, and when we did participate in a 'curbstomp' we certainly did not argue the semantics of our war.

Though participation in any 'curbstomp' or not wasnt really the point or gist of my post but meh.....

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='13 February 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1266092349' post='2179613']
It is exactly the same, Invicta had no mdoap pact with NSO in any way or form and used several chains and Ghost DOW's in order to try to "curbstomp" RnR.
[/quote]
We came in support of Hydra, who actually DoWed R&R and are still fighting them.

Ghost DoWs are where you issue a formal DoW but don't start any fighting, normally in order to enable your treaty partners to attack on optional aggression clauses.

I'm not really against them. By issuing the formal DoW, you do open yourself up to counterattacks from the targetted alliance and its allies, as well as other uninvolved alliances who decide to realize their sovereignty and invoke the Moldavi Doctrine.

The problem with the OP is that many of the alliances in this coalition are not so much here to support their allies, but rather they think they will bend us under their will. This is not going to happen.

I'm sure glad R&R is simply here because it was requested of us. I could care less about the drama and speculation. 50% of this entire war is allies honoring treaties and defending allies and the other half is nothing more than personal grudge matches being played out on the battlefield. Alliance A doesn't like alliance B.. alliance A asks alliance alliance C to declare on Alliance B so alliance D gets involved so alliance E can declare on them bringing in alliance F.

For those of us on both sides who are simply doing their jobs and waiting for the tantrum to end, keep up the good work. Once this war is over we can start plotting or waiting until the next round of CN drama. The rest of you, keep holding onto your pride and your grudges, it makes for wonderful entertainment.

[quote name='juslen' date='14 February 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1266194340' post='2181633']
I'm sure glad R&R is simply here because it was requested of us. I could care less about the drama and speculation. 50% of this entire war is allies honoring treaties and defending allies and the other half is nothing more than personal grudge matches being played out on the battlefield. Alliance A doesn't like alliance B.. alliance A asks alliance alliance C to declare on Alliance B so alliance D gets involved so alliance E can declare on them bringing in alliance F.

For those of us on both sides who are simply doing their jobs and waiting for the tantrum to end, keep up the good work. Once this war is over we can start plotting or waiting until the next round of CN drama. The rest of you, keep holding onto your pride and your grudges, it makes for wonderful entertainment.
[/quote]

Good post Juslen, when this is over I shall buy you a drink.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 February 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1266226205' post='2182652']
Regardless of those treaties you cited, many of which didn't involve you, I think this gives pretty the entire purple sphere reason to declare on you unrelated to the C&G vs TOP if they want. Is this even related at all?
[/quote]

Come again? We declared on Invicta cause they attacked our friend's friends in Nordreich. How can it be unrelated to this C&G vs TOP war, really?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1266227427' post='2182677']
Come again? We declared on Invicta cause they attacked our friend's friends in Nordreich. How can it be unrelated to this C&G vs TOP war, really?
[/quote]
What does Nordreich declaring on Valhalla have to do with the C&G vs TOP war? I don't see any real tangible relation other than taking advantage of the situation.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 February 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1266227583' post='2182683']
What does Nordreich declaring on Valhalla have to do with the C&G vs TOP war? I don't see any real tangible relation other than taking advantage of the situation.
[/quote]

What does Valhalla declaring on FAN has to do with the C&G vs TOP war? I don't see any real tangible relation other than taking advantage of the situation.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 February 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1266227761' post='2182685']
So there is no relation, alright then.
[/quote]

So how does that give the whole purple sphere reason to declare on us but doesn't give us a reason to declare on Invicta?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='14 February 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1266185018' post='2181312']
The problem with the OP is that many of the alliances in this coalition are not so much here to support their allies, but rather [b]they think they will bend us under their will[/b]. This is not going to happen.
[/quote]
huh what :o

You guys are seriously paranoid :wacko:

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 04:58 AM' timestamp='1266227909' post='2182687']
So how does that give the whole purple sphere reason to declare on us but doesn't give us a reason to declare on Invicta?
[/quote]
You guys declaring here is for unrelated reasons than the C&G vs TOP war so there is no conflict of interest for uninvolved purple alliances. Considering you called this a purple curbstomp and declared on an alliance you have no treaty obligation to, they have plenty of reason should they choose to.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 February 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1266230114' post='2182714']
You guys declaring here is for unrelated reasons than the C&G vs TOP war so there is no conflict of interest for uninvolved purple alliances. Considering you called this a purple curbstomp and declared on an alliance you have no treaty obligation to, they have plenty of reason should they choose to.
[/quote]

I hope you know that topic titles are not necessary correct, sometimes even misleading or false. And ofcourse we declared an alliance we have no treaty obligations to. What alliance would we be to declare on our allies?

I find it extremely funny that you are defending IRON for apparently the same thing we are doing now, for which you are now claiming to be unnecessary. Hypocrite much? I for one am not surprised to see you doing this.

For your information, at least we attacked someone who were attacking our friends.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1266231110' post='2182725']
I find it extremely funny that you are defending IRON for apparently the same thing we are doing now, for which you are now claiming to be unnecessary. Hypocrite much? I for one am not surprised to see you doing this.
[/quote]
I hadn't made the comparison to what IRON did, although interesting you would compare what you're doing to what they did seeing how that turned out. I was just making sure of your reasons for war here, as they seemed unclear. I'm not saying its wrong other than possibly strategic purposes.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 February 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1266232440' post='2182738']
I hadn't made the comparison to what IRON did, although interesting you would compare what you're doing to what they did seeing how that turned out. I was just making sure of your reasons for war here, as they seemed unclear. I'm not saying its wrong other than possibly strategic purposes.
[/quote]

I'm just showing you where are you hypocritical. I don't really think what we did was the same as to what IRON and TOP did. I think what IRON/TOP did was very stupid since they attacked a bloc that was not yet involved in the war. The way we got into this was all related to that stupidity. So our reasons for war here is to defend our friend's friends and I repeat not to kill of the purple sphere. Peace isn't very difficult to obtain (yet).

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1266233158' post='2182747']
I'm just showing you where are you hypocritical. I don't really think what we did was the same as to what IRON and TOP did. I think what IRON/TOP did was very stupid since they attacked a bloc that was not yet involved in the war. The way we got into this was all related to that stupidity. So our reasons for war here is to defend our friend's friends and I repeat not to kill of the purple sphere. Peace isn't very difficult to obtain (yet).
[/quote]
Dude.... shuuush on peace..... still more casualties available.

Once again, as one of the declared on, I dont give two hoots how it has come, we are at war, and any differences are being sorted out on the field of battle, our enemies have been respectful and fun, and may it continue that way until a peac3e deal is found.

No amount of E-Lawyering will change what has happened, so really people, can't we just have a fun war get a few casualties, say what we need to on the battle field, and move on?

PS. that is aimed at both sides of this conflict, thank you please.

[quote name='The Pansy' date='15 February 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1266233654' post='2182761']
Dude.... shuuush on peace..... still more casualties available.

Once again, as one of the declared on, I dont give two hoots how it has come, we are at war, and any differences are being sorted out on the field of battle, our enemies have been respectful and fun, and may it continue that way until a peac3e deal is found.

No amount of E-Lawyering will change what has happened, so really people, can't we just have a fun war get a few casualties, say what we need to on the battle field, and move on?

PS. that is aimed at both sides of this conflict, thank you please.
[/quote]

I agreed before with this and I will agree again. Casualties ftw :ehm:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266238021' post='2182827']
For clarity's sake, the "many" does not include Nueva Vida.
[/quote]

Keep telling yourself we want you to bend to our will and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1266242036' post='2182879']
Keep telling yourself we want you to bend to our will and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
[/quote]
I honestly didn't think anyone would believe our propaganda, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised one person believes it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='15 February 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1266227909' post='2182687']
So how does that give the whole purple sphere reason to declare on us
[/quote]
Your tears are delicious!

yum, yum, yum

o/ Invicta
o/ Purple
o/ Purplol

[quote name='Amonra' date='15 February 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1266256115' post='2183151']
Your tears are delicious!

yum, yum, yum

o/ Invicta
o/ Purple
o/ Purplol
[/quote]

You just failed. He was asking a question about a statement that was made, not complaining about the statement.

[quote name='juslen' date='15 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1266256569' post='2183161']
You just failed. He was asking a question about a statement that was made, not complaining about the statement.
[/quote]
Your tears are delicious too :lol1:

o/ The real Purple
o\The blow ins on Purple.