Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

This war give me bad headache

To MK and allies in CnG: It is unfortunate that we are not on the same side this time. I apologize if I have posted anything that may have disrespected you. I was simply frustrated with the amount of hatred Polaris have been getting from many MK members specifically within the last few days. and though I can not speak for other Polars, I am sure they are having the same feeling. Like I was talking to Penguin Solaris, I think its for the best if both sides talk privately about the disagreement. I hope we can mend our relation.

To our allies in RoK: Sorry to put you in such difficult position. This has been difficult for Polars as well

To our allies in NSO: I'm disappointed that you guys thought we were going to leave you out to dry. You should know better.

To TOP and TOP's allies: I simply dislike you people. You doubted us and left us no time to explain. You went right ahead and call our emperor traitor and left no room for him to explain first. You had your own agenda yet you call Polar traitors and when we prove you wrong, you thought you could get away with some mindless hailing. We will remember this.

To GOD: Let just have a clean honorable match.

ps. this is my personal opinion and not collective opinion of Polar.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='brokenhead' date='02 February 2010 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1265094243' post='2152658']
Please. Read. Ivan's. Posts.
[/quote]

Some people don't like reading his posts. Sometimes they have to read them more then once in order to understand them and they do not like that realization so they seem to just skip over them.

[quote name='deSouza' date='02 February 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1265094197' post='2152654']

This part:

Led me to think you bought the idea that many members of your alliance were propagating that Archon had somehow "won" planet bob through a secret deal with Grub.
[/quote]
How in the wide, wide world of sports you got that out of that one sentence is beyond me. We like STA. Some MKers like Polaris, [i]even now[/i], despite my best efforts. Watching STA fight it out with our other allies sucks. Same with Polaris. Same with any other set of allies.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='02 February 2010 - 04:00 AM' timestamp='1265094053' post='2152641']
For declaring against GOD in defence of NSO when GOD was happy to give NSO white peace.

You definition of honourable is greatly warped.
[/quote]

Im under the impression GOD defined this a coalition war.

[quote name='Lafayette' date='02 February 2010 - 04:06 AM' timestamp='1265094388' post='2152667']
How in the wide, wide world of sports you got that out of that one sentence is beyond me. We like STA. Some MKers like Polaris, [i]even now[/i], despite my best efforts. Watching STA fight it out with our other allies sucks. Same with Polaris. Same with any other set of allies.
[/quote]

I never said you disliked STA or Polar, I said that your alliance mates propagated an idea and I thought you were on the same boat.

[quote name='Bower3aj' date='02 February 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1265093368' post='2152594']
I'm getting in here a little late. but my bet as to why they aren't fighting along side their C&G allies is because they weren't leaving them in the dust as you suggest. Before Polaris joined in the C&G side had over a 2:1 advantage in this war. They didn't need the help.
[/quote]

So instead they moved from one war with an ally of a treaty partner to another war with an ally of a treaty partner. Yes clearly the path of wisdom.

Honestly Grub and Archon, thanks for all the fun, mess, for the emoraging on this forum. You have provided CN one of the most interesting times.
To the CN citiziens can´t you see it, this isn´t over yet and with polar re-entering the war, my guess is we will see soon some more DoW´s from not involved parties yet :).
And i really really love it how messed up this is, this war will even change more of the political landscape than the Karma war. Mark my words after this war you will see old friends going complete different routes and old foes will be allied.
What a joy to see the treaty web crushed that way.

[quote name='SupremePrince' date='02 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1265094291' post='2152660']

To our allies in NSO: I'm disappointed that you guys thought we were going to leave you out to dry. You should know better.

[/quote]
You're disappointed in us? Us? Oh-ho-ho, now there's a laugh.

[quote name='SupremePrince' date='02 February 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1265094291' post='2152660']
To TOP and TOP's allies: I simply dislike you people. You doubted us and left us no time to explain. You went right ahead and call our emperor traitor and left no room for him to explain first. You had your own agenda yet you call Polar traitors and when we prove you wrong, you thought you could get away with some mindless hailing. We will remember this.
[/quote]

Actually...

TOP was quite busy telling everyone we were not hating NpO or feeling backstabbed mere hours after the peace; in the first moments, yes, some hotheads said things that we feel sorry for, but overall I'd say this characterization hardly applies to TOP or its direct allies.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='02 February 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1265094485' post='2152673']
So instead they moved from one war with an ally of a treaty partner to another war with an ally of a treaty partner. Yes clearly the path of wisdom.
[/quote]

Seems that treaty partner you speak of doesn't mind watching their allies continue to attack the ally of Polaris. That treaty partner though is also your treaty partner so of course you wouldn't add that little factual tidbit to your consensus right?

[quote name='Earogema' date='01 February 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1265094106' post='2152646']
Actually, that's not why we said screw NpO. We were in it for at least one round, with or without PC. Though we expected PC, and they came through and we thank them for that. If PC really commands that much of the treaty web in your mind, you really are delusional, and there is no point in debating this further. That you would actually contend that PC is better connected is the most idiotic thing I've heard.

In fact, if one wanted, you could have placed C&G on Polar's side because MK is treatied to Polar and PC was launching an aggressive attack. FOK did the same. OH WAIT BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. The absolutes you speak of aren't absolute at all. You merely reveal your paranioa. C&G did not make it clear where they would be. Some members of Athens and FoB did, but that's not the entirety of C&G. Did you forget GR and Polar fighting together in NoCB?

And yes, this was about TOP. My original point was of TOP. Follow the quote links. I originally asked for proof, and you said that I lacked half a brain for asking for empirical evidence and accused me of whining. Then I decided to bring up your record: A mistake on my part and I apologize. However, that was the original point and you have yet to refute it in any way.
[/quote]

I really wanted to take leave of this argument but you call "my record" into question. My record has always been the same, since september of 2006. Those that know me, know this. The rest of your argument really is ridiculous. IF C&G/SF/Umbrella weren't backing PC, they would have let you die. Spew your BS some more. Are you in my range?

Wait, I lied I have way more to say and anyone that wants to point out to me that we are still allies I would be happy to graphically describe where you can shove it.

You attacked an ally of ours not once but twice in as many weeks. Now we dont ask that you sit around the campfire and sing songs with our friends but you damn well could show some respect out of consideration for an alliance you claim to be friends with.
Grub, you had options if you wanted NSO out either you were too lazy find them or your intent was to disrespect Ragnarok.
Either way my original statement stands... I am embarassed to call you my ally.

[quote name='SupremePrince' date='01 February 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1265094291' post='2152660']

To MK and allies in CnG: It is unfortunate that we are not on the same side this time. I apologize if I have posted anything that may have disrespected you. I was simply frustrated with the amount of hatred Polaris have been getting from many MK members specifically within the last few days. and though I can not speak for other Polars, I am sure they are having the same feeling. Like I was talking to Penguin Solaris, I think its for the best if both sides talk privately about the disagreement. I hope we can mend our relation.

To our allies in RoK: Sorry to put you in such difficult position. This has been difficult for Polars as well

To GOD: Let just have a clean honorable match.

ps. this is my personal opinion and not collective opinion of Polar.
[/quote]

I share SupremePrince's sentiments, so thats 2 Polars.

[quote name='KaitlinK' date='01 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1265094646' post='2152685']
Wait, I lied I have way more to say and anyone that wants to point out to me that we are still allies I would be happy to graphically describe where you can shove it.

You attacked an ally of ours not once but twice in as many weeks. Now we dont ask that you sit around the campfire and sing songs with our friends but you damn well could show some respect out of consideration for an alliance you claim to be friends with.
Grub, you had options if you wanted NSO out either you were too lazy find them or your intent was to disrespect Ragnarok.
[/quote]

Ignorance is rampant, please read Ivan's posts. Grub had no other choice. Fark wouldn't give him peace.

Edited by Marty McFly

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='01 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1265094237' post='2152657']
What a wonderful job you guys have done in getting your other allies to peace out the wars that they started with the ally of Polaris. To act offended like you are Kaitlin is to be hypocritical. Then again, you really are still Monos Archein at heart. Polaris aren't really your ally it just so happens that they are an ally of the alliance you shacked up with.
[/quote]

We were involved, chief. Last we heard they were negotiating white peace and moving on. You may stop posting about RoK and it's membership now.

Our opinion on this entire subject has already been conveyed in private with Polar government.

[quote name='SupremePrince' date='02 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1265094291' post='2152660']
[/quote]
Might want to talk to your gov about this. We were one of the ones who were actually trying to calm everyone down in the coalition channel when you guys declared peace and tried to keep things cool so NpO could show up to explain things.

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='02 February 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1265094230' post='2152656']
I cannot speak for the governments position, or what Grubs feelings are. (He just has too many)

I can however attempt to voice my opinion in a reasonable fashion.[/quote]
As you well can.
[quote]
You should be able to understand the reasoning behind our actions, and that we are indebted to some allies more than others, specifically NSO who are receiving the consequences of our actions, and to a lesser extent TOP/IRON etc. We bear the responsibility for starting this war, so we beleive that it is our duty to bring this to a close as soon as possible.

It is common knowledge that NSO entered in to the conflict not for idealogical reasons, but for the fact that they are our ally. It is also common knowledge that Fark did not intend to grant NSO White Peace. Therefore NSO redeclared to absolve its Terra Cotta allies the technical responsibility of defending them.[/quote]

NSO I can completely understand. I don't feel this decision was a bad one, if the situation is how it sounds (I don't know the details on the situation as I am not Fark or NSO~). TOP/IRON are not your allies, and they did what they did at their own will, in either "support of your just CB" or whatever line of !@#$%^&* they choose to spin it as. It still affected your allies in CnG, and its hurtful to us to know that Grub/NpO knew about a direct attack on us when we weren't involved and approved of it, at least from what has been presented and from what I get from Grub's posts.

[quote]
As I see things at the present times, it would be unjust for Polaris to stand idle, and watch those that yeilded their unflinching support and entered this conflict on her side suffer the consequences of her actions, regardless of the motivations of the multiple parties for the further continuation of this conflict.
[/quote]
I would say that the best choices are, in my personal opinion, to enter on both sides or to remain neutral.

If you wish to discuss this at length in regards to everything and the whole situation and not just this DoW specifically, I am here to do so with in a respectful manner.[ooc] i never sleep am always on IRC [/ooc] Hopefully we could both pick up a bit from each other, but we want to let this go its own course. [ooc] not derail this topic onto something else~[/ooc]

Also, at SupremePrince: Its Penlugue. Don't ask why. I don't even know.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='02 February 2010 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1265094616' post='2152680']
What the hell does that have to do with anything?
[/quote]

Well, if this is a coalition war, and NpO and NSO get white peace before everyone else, they're not being honorable.

[quote name='KaitlinK' date='02 February 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1265094646' post='2152685']

[/quote]

So once again, what has RoK done to stop the wars that it's allies have continued to wage upon the ally of Polaris? If you are going to be the Righteous Judge in the situation then tell us how you have been Righteous enough to earn that title.

[quote name='Tick1' date='02 February 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1265094004' post='2152636']
Death, NpO chose to declare on \m/ which put MK/GR in a difficult position you knew this. Yet you did it without thinking of things to later come into play. Whether or not you disapprove of TOP's actions doesn't mean you couldn't have prevented it from happening. (By not declaring war on \m/) You are also fighting to defend the allies which came to NpO's aid which also would have not been put in harms way had you not declared on \m/. I rest my case.

OOC: Have a good night
[/quote]

I am curious, how did it put MK/GR in that bad a position? They were in no way tied to \m/ and were in fact 2 or 3 degrees removed from them via the web. Though MK and others in CnG certainly trashed Polaris endlessly for doing so. Yet a direct ally of MK attacked Polaris via an oA clause and were hailed very vocally by many in CnG who were complaining about Polaris.

And there is also the fact that everyone and their brother with half a brain knows that CnG and company have been angling to get TOP/IRON at war. Now they get all huffy because they pull out a chapter from the Karma coalition playbook and declare war for the cause without a direct treaty. Something also hailed by many people who trashed TOP/IRON for doing it in this case.

[quote name='deSouza' date='02 February 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1265094465' post='2152671']
I never said you disliked STA or Polar, I said that your alliance mates propagated an idea and I thought you were on the same boat.
[/quote]
I'd be lying if I said the concept hadn't amused me greatly when details were still sketchy, but no, I didn't think Archon orchestrated things like a puppetmaster.

[/quote]

I'm sorry you feel that way. I certainly don't think the hails are mindless. And, talking of personal opinions, I think it's unfair to say we did not give you time to explain or call your emperor a traitor. Sure, there was plenty of confusion early on but the truth was obviously found in a concise manner. And, personally, I would not have thought any differently of NpO if they entered the war on our side or not. Sure, it makes me glad that they are helping NSO and by extension us. But, TOP is responsible for its own actions and would not blame NpO. I feel most of TOP feels the same way. We wanted to fight beside NpO, and perchance we will.

[quote name='SupremePrince' date='02 February 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1265094291' post='2152660']

To MK and allies in CnG: It is unfortunate that we are not on the same side this time. I apologize if I have posted anything that may have disrespected you. I was simply frustrated with the amount of hatred Polaris have been getting from many MK members specifically within the last few days. and though I can not speak for other Polars, I am sure they are having the same feeling. Like I was talking to Penguin Solaris, I think its for the best if both sides talk privately about the disagreement. I hope we can mend our relation. [/quote]

I'm curious, what disrespect from MK/CnG have you gotten in the last few days? I could understand if you refer to a week ago when there was a blowup over the peace talks falling through. Since that time pretty much everyone involved, including myself, have apologized. As far as I know that was the end of it, so you can understand how this DOW feels like it came out of left field.

Also Grub's OP completely ignores CnG in its entirety. He apologizes to his friends in SF for the DoW, but CnG from the OP appears to just be swept under a rug. Hopefully you can understand how that would set many of us on edge.

That said, I can agree that NSO deserves peace. FARK in refuses peace I feel is out of line, and I hope that whole thing is worked out shortly. I also equally hope that should NSO get peace Polar will see its obligations fulfilled and leave the war, rather than crusading for white peace for all.

That said I'm pretty much done talking on this subject. I'm not the most diplomatic of people, as I'm sure just about anyone will attest, and chances are I'll get yelled at even for this post, let alone some things I said earlier.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1265094697' post='2152688']
We were involved, chief. Last we heard they were negotiating white peace and moving on. You may stop posting about RoK and it's membership now.

Our opinion on this entire subject has already been conveyed in private with Polar government.
[/quote]

I can stop posting about RoK and its membership now? Why would I do that when Kaitlin provides such good reason to? Thank you for the permission to do so though should I actually decide for myself to do such.