Remember The Good ole Days?

MasterChief

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always funny to watch people complain about how much better things were back at <insert date>.

At that date, they were likely complaining about how much better things were at <insert earlier date>. :v:

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='TimLee' date='31 January 2010 - 07:03 AM' timestamp='1264921429' post='2147009']
If NAP's come back and MDP's decline CN will be heading in the right direction again. It's not necessary to either hate or love someone, contrary to popular belief we do have middle ground in CN.

Remember when no one ever did tech deals?
Remember when the IQ of the average CN person was actually above 100?
Remember when treaties were signed based off friendship instead of nation strength?
[b]Remember when all war statistics had to be collected by hand and alliances had entire departments dedicated to crunch number and statistics?[/b]

Oh, and most importantly,

Remember when wars weren't so one sided.
[/quote]My fingers bled for months from doing that before we had things that did it for us.

[quote name='TimLee' date='31 January 2010 - 07:03 AM' timestamp='1264921429' post='2147009']
[/quote]
Wars were always one sided. Even the Second Great War. Who actually expected the Flatliners to win?

[quote name='Sande' date='31 January 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1264953870' post='2147670']
[color="red"]Red[/color] vs [color="blue"]Blue[/color]

has become

[color="aqua"]Aqua[/color] vs [color="orange"]Orange[/color]
[/quote]

Disagree. There are plenty of orange alliances on the "Aqua" side.

[quote name='Sande' date='31 January 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1264953870' post='2147670']
[color="red"]Red[/color] vs [color="blue"]Blue[/color]

has become

[color="aqua"]Aqua[/color] vs [color="orange"]Orange[/color]
[/quote]

Yea but also with a tinge of all others. However Orange isn't as united as it once were :/

[quote name='TimLee' date='31 January 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1264921429' post='2147009']
If NAP's come back and MDP's decline CN will be heading in the right direction again. It's not necessary to either hate or love someone, contrary to popular belief we do have middle ground in CN.

Remember when no one ever did tech deals?
Remember when the IQ of the average CN person was actually above 100?
Remember when treaties were signed based off friendship instead of nation strength?
Remember when all war statistics had to be collected by hand and alliances had entire departments dedicated to crunch number and statistics?

Oh, and most importantly,

[/quote]
No, I don't, and I've been here since the first Great War. (Except technically number three though many people actually still do that rather than plugging in to a NORAD system).

Ahh yes, the good 'ol days. I remember fondly the times of fair whether friends and unfair, undeserved curbstomps. It fills me with great nostalgia to think back to a time when free speech was punishable by PZI, as was the use of nuclear weapons or going into peace mode.

Good times, gooooooooood times.

Edited by Mathias

I really do hope to hell that you're joking.

The time where #$%^$% number one fought @#$%^& number two and the only times where there was actually someone who wasn't a #$%^ involved, they were being stomped into oblivion by a side full of @#$%^&'s? Eh? Those were certainly the god damn days right there. Those ones. Curbstomp after curbstomp, lace it with some EZI and the OMGNONUKESNONUKES crowd and you get a game that's only purpose is to overthrow the top set of @#$%^&'s.

Yeah. That was [i]so[/i] much fun.

Remember the days that there were real bandwagoners. Simply because not everybody had a treaty with everyone.
Remember when people would get pissed if you called WUT, TI instead.
Remember when commies and nordreich would have a new war every other month...
Remember when you were top heavy if you had 4k avg ns...

Well, the world turned from being unipolar (NPO ruling everything, much like the USA does now) to being multipolar (like the real world was before WW1 and WW2). We will keep continuing to have wars until there is a clear superpower that controls the game.

[quote name='Zerk2' date='01 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1265004465' post='2149932']
Well, the world turned from being unipolar (NPO ruling everything, much like the USA does now) to being multipolar (like the real world was before WW1 and WW2). [b]We will keep continuing to have wars until there is a clear superpower that controls the game.[/b][/quote]
My apologies to everyone. I only found CN June 5, 2009. I'm working on it though :P

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Jebbie' date='31 January 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1264955014' post='2147707']
seeing as im one of the very very few nations who have been here for over 4 years now i thought i would let you know that there have never been any good ole days and the game has never been that good, hth
[/quote]

i disagree, and as a nation thats been here for 4 years, the game itself isnt great but its the alliance play thats made it great. the funnest days i had were the month before the 2ND great war. the good ole days to us ancient nations are different then the newer nations. but overall the game has gotten better in some ways( we actualyy have stuff to crunch numbers) and its got worse in some( too many small alliances opening up all the time, and the one sided wars)

i don't know what these good ol' days are...
my nation has been in existence since Sept2007 and all it has known is heartache, war, darkness and silence.
from day 1, i started an alliance with 10 other friends, all but 2 have been driven from the world by tech raiders. the 3 that remained have learned, and moved on.
from there, i've seen deceit, curbstomps, and fear for what you say or have in your nation bio.
good ol' days? good riddance...