Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Crymson

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='31 January 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1264991306' post='2149143']
You seem to be forgetting the oyababy game mechanic where he wins.
[/quote]
This is the most important thing to remember .

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]For our part, however, much our reason to enter this war lies in our desire to defeat those who have shown time and time again, in public and in private, that doing harm to us is high on their agenda---and that, indeed, they would take advantage of any advantageous opportunity to do so. This is a war they have brought upon themselves.[/quote]

I don't know if this has been said already, and I'm not going to sift through 44 pages of garbage to find out, but did it ever occur to TOP that any and all statements of such an "agenda" were and are jokes/spam? Did anyone at TOP have the sense to realize that these statements were [i]obviously[/i] jokes? Is anyone at TOP aware that back when NPO was still on top, when MK was treaty-blacklisted, and when MK lived under the constant shadow of being rolled and disbanded by NPO for even the slightest insult against them that there were constant postings of "Roll NPO" on the MK forums? Is anyone at TOP aware that members of MK have posted "Roll _______ " for every alliance in the game? Surely someone at TOP has the brainstem to realize that 100% of this is spam and !@#$posting.

Perhaps someone at TOP has sekrit IRC logs to prove that this so-called "agenda" was ever serious, but I doubt it. :v::v::v:

[quote name='Detlev' date='01 February 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1264993320' post='2149232']
I don't know if this has been said already, and I'm not going to sift through 44 pages of garbage to find out, but did it ever occur to TOP that any and all statements of such an "agenda" were and are jokes/spam? Did anyone at TOP have the sense to realize that these statements were [i]obviously[/i] jokes? Is anyone at TOP aware that back when NPO was still on top, when MK was treaty-blacklisted, and when MK lived under the constant shadow of being rolled and disbanded by NPO for even the slightest insult against them that there were constant postings of "Roll NPO" on the MK forums? Is anyone at TOP aware that members of MK have posted "Roll _______ " for every alliance in the game? Surely someone at TOP has the brainstem to realize that 100% of this is spam and !@#$posting.

Perhaps someone at TOP has sekrit IRC logs to prove that this so-called "agenda" was ever serious, but I doubt it. :v::v::v:
[/quote]

OH god.. we've been outed. Our agenda to "roll ______" is now available to the public.

** assplodes**

Also, listen to the man.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='tamerlane' date='31 January 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1264993442' post='2149243']
OH god.. we've been outed. Our agenda to "roll ______" is now available to the public.

** assplodes**

Also, listen to the man.
[/quote]
Now people will realize we're trying to roll MK :negativeman:

[quote name='tamerlane' date='31 January 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1264993442' post='2149243']

** assplodes**

Also, listen to the man.
[/quote]
This is a lie. None of this ever happened. The Mushroom Kingdom has never stated "roll ______" in our existence.

YOU HAVE NO PROOF

[quote name='NoFish' date='31 January 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1264976546' post='2148451']
No, you're moral. You fight [i]against[/i] great lolz :colbert:
[/quote]
Precisely, and it is Ironic that they fight God. Although quite welcomed, along with Athens I am certain.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='31 January 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1264984623' post='2148732']
Yeah, I actually agree with you on this one. I don't really understand why TOP would put any trust in Grub and the NpO considering the history between the two alliances.
[/quote]

Guess that is what happens when you want to trust people.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='31 January 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1264991306' post='2149143']
You seem to be forgetting the oyababy game mechanic where he wins.
[/quote]

Guess Johan/LM trumped him ;).

[quote name='Methrage' date='31 January 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1264964406' post='2148008']
I'm sure people will remember those who decided to stick around for their allies and those that bailed with no regard towards their comrades in war.
[/quote]
Let me be very clear.

TOP is not allied to me. UPN is, it's this little thing called an MADP.

TOP declared war on my MADP partner's MDP partner. How on earth can refusing to support that be considered bailing on allies?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='01 February 2010 - 05:50 AM' timestamp='1265021454' post='2150233']
Let me be very clear.

TOP is not allied to me. UPN is, it's this little thing called an MADP.

TOP declared war on my MADP partner's MDP partner. How on earth can refusing to support that be considered bailing on allies?
[/quote]
My comment wasn't directed at any alliance in specific, I haven't paid much attention to what UPN has been up to during all of this, but enjoy the popcorn?

NSO isn't allied to TOP either, but this isn't involves more than TOP. The war was already going before they entered.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='31 January 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1264990030' post='2149071']
Oyababy lost 2100 infra today....

Though as I have repeatedly said, he has the luck of the devil of being on when we've randomly coordinated at odd hours.
[/quote]

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='31 January 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1264991151' post='2149132']
I'm sorry, but you would be misinformed. He has lost much more NS, and will continue to do so. While ohyababy is a very good fighter, the mechanics dictate that he will indeed lose, through no lack of effort or skill of his own. He will not be crushing me and most of my losses have come from nooks from CT.
[/quote]

Now, I wasn't going to say anything, but you are just being too :smug: now. Your number of 2,100 infra, while sounding like a lot by itself, doesn't include the fact that I'm at war with six people. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/eng101.gif[/img] 2,100/6 = 350. 350 damage a day per person on average isn't that impressive. Let's take the damage from your nuke that is basically for free and get a more accurate total on your damages. 2,100-820. 213. Now, let's go even further and take out CMs, which is also free damage! Roughly 30 infra damage each. 1,280-360. 153 average damage earned per person, through attacks that actually take skill, per day. That's two bombings from each of you, damage wise. I'm not too impressed. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/smugaqua.gif[/img] Second, it's not dumb luck that I'm prepared to counter you guys' blitzs. I actually make an effort to be here to stop them. I am fighting six opponents, all with better stats than I have. [size="6"]Six[/size]. They are all active and coordinating on me every single day, and I have managed to thwart more attacks than not overall. Not only that, I've been striking back, and being victorious in my efforts. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/finesmug.gif[/img]

As for that nuking by CT nonsense, well, I'd nuke you myself but he has more tech than I do, and majority of your side's damage on me has been solely from your nukes and CMs, which is [b]free damage[/b]. Of course you guys will do more damage combined to me than I'll do to you, it's six of you attacking me at once. No, I'm not complaining, I like it this way, because I'd slaughter any nation you had in a one on one situation. :smug:

You say I've lost a lot more NS than you guys, but um, you've lost 20,000 and I've lost 27,000... not that big of a difference when you're fighting three more opponents. If I add up all the losses of all the nations that I am currently at war with... there has been a net total of ~113,000 NS lost. Vs my tiny loss of 27,000... I'd say I'm definitely winning. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/smugmk.gif[/img]

Edited by o ya baby

[quote name='o ya baby' date='01 February 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1265024436' post='2150250']
Now, I wasn't going to say anything, but you are just being too :smug: now. Your number of 2,100 infra, while sounding like a lot by itself, doesn't include the fact that I'm at war with six people. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/eng101.gif[/img] 2,100/6 = 350. 350 damage a day per person on average isn't that impressive. Let's take the damage from your nuke that is basically for free and get a more accurate total on your damages. 2,100-820. 213. Now, let's go even further and take out CMs, which is also free damage! Roughly 30 infra damage each. 1,280-360. 153 average damage earned per person, through attacks that actually take skill, per day. That's two bombings from each of you, damage wise. I'm not too impressed. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/smugaqua.gif[/img] Second, it's not dumb luck that I'm prepared to counter you guys' blitzs. I actually make an effort to be here to stop them. I am fighting six opponents, all with better stats than I have. [size="6"]Six[/size]. They are all active and coordinating on me every single day, and I have managed to thwart more attacks than not overall. Not only that, I've been striking back, and being victorious in my efforts. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/finesmug.gif[/img]

As for that nuking by CT nonsense, well, I'd nuke you myself but he has more tech than I do, and majority of your side's damage on me has been solely from your nukes and CMs, which is [b]free damage[/b]. Of course you guys will do more damage combined to me than I'll do to you, it's six of you attacking me at once. No, I'm not complaining, I like it this way, because I'd slaughter any nation you had in a one on one situation. :smug:

You say I've lost a lot more NS than you guys, but um, you've lost 20,000 and I've lost 27,000... not that big of a difference when you're fighting three more opponents. If I add up all the losses of all the nations that I am currently at war with... there has been a net total of ~113,000 NS lost. Vs my tiny loss of 27,000... I'd say I'm definitely winning. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/smugmk.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Perfect way to end the TOP declaration of war.

Edited by Magnum T. Gundraw

[quote name='o ya baby' date='01 February 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1265024436' post='2150250']

[/quote]

All we need now is an O Ya Baby > LiquidMercury banner to wear. :smug:

[quote]TOP declared war on my MADP partner's MDP partner. How on earth can refusing to support that be considered bailing on allies? [/quote]
TOP entered the war on UPN's side, in support of your cause, and whoever else in Purple had declared (apart from iFOK), and you all take the excuse of their poor strategic choice of how to do that to bail on them. This goes for anyone in the Polar coalition who are not still there with TOP and IRON, or applying diplomatic pressure to the raiding side to get this front sorted out too.

[quote name='AirMe' date='31 January 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1264963523' post='2147982']
You can argue this point all you like but that doesn't negate the fact that no alliance in C&G had declared war on any combatant in the war. Case in point, if they had waited until C&G had gone in and then attacked, Ronin wouldn't be in this war. But since they did what they did, we honored our defensive treaty because we viewed it as a separate conflict.
[/quote]
We didn't assume your alliance would completely fail to understand the very basic principals of politics at work here. Next time maybe we'll assume you guys are stupid enough to let someone manipulate your treaties and dictate whether you fight with your allies based on the timing and sequence of the declarations.

[quote name='Blue Lightning' date='01 February 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1265029664' post='2150301']
We didn't assume your alliance would completely fail to understand the very basic principals of politics at work here.
[/quote]

I laughed pretty hard at this.

Well since i have to add some content to my post - the level of understanding that people attach to certain alliances will, in reality, be the main factor in causing said alliances to succed or fail.

Tell me, out of the 2 of us, who do you think had more understanding of the real principals of politics here given the situation my alliance and your alliance is in?

And yes, feel free to consider us even dumber next time, we won't take offense.

[quote name='o ya baby' date='01 February 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1265024436' post='2150250']

[/quote]
No offence to TOP, but seriously.. You are my new hero. :v::wub:

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='01 February 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1265029379' post='2150297']TOP entered the war on UPN's side, in support of your cause, and whoever else in Purple had declared (apart from iFOK), and you all take the excuse of their poor strategic choice of how to do that to bail on them.[/quote]
It's not a poor strategic choice; it's asking us to violate our treaties.

Believe me, I'd love to be supporting TOP here. But, you know - we stand by our treaties. When we sign a treaty, it actually means something. I know Citadel is a treaty honoured mainly in its violation, but over here we actually believe in honour.

[quote name='o ya baby' date='01 February 2010 - 05:40 AM' timestamp='1265024436' post='2150250']

[/quote]

My CM's do 41 :smug:

As I've said, multiple times: Yes you happen to be on whenever we coordinate (we've tried different times and I commend you for being able to sit at your computer and press F5, I truly wish I could heh). It is by no lack of skill that you have lost what you have lost. It's also not for lack of coordination on our part as you well know.

Now in regards to dmg output of mine vs my losses, I can go there too and say with just 4 targets I have roughly destroyed ~164k NS. Granted as you do say, my nooks do do a lot more, as does all my other dmg. I'd say I'm also definitely winning.

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you as I've said more then once in many threads how well you've done.

Edited by LiquidMercury

[quote name='tamerlane' date='01 February 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1265036428' post='2150471']
Wrong, Oyababy is CN's Godliest [s]Military Empire[/s]
[/quote]

Fixed that for you :awesome:

Edited by Stilgar