Vanguard Edict

Does this mean stickmen finally recognize Stumpy as the true emperor of purple?

I almost laughed at this statement, but I managed to keep my feelings inside.

Congrats to both parties I believe this will be forever..... how do you say it? Lustful?

Signing a treaty with a bloc makes the MDP web sad :(

So Vanguard are going with the evil side? Disappointing.

I'm gonna have to agree with this one lol. Why not just DOW and be done with it seriously, this announcement is very opportunistic indeed.

I'm gonna have to agree with this one lol. Why not just DOW and be done with it seriously, this announcement is very opportunistic indeed.

Yes, yes, we're going to use this treaty as an opportunity to do... exactly what we could have done in this war without it. You saw through our clever ploy, you sleuth.

Unfortunately I would be disappointed too, given that I feel Polar is completely justified in their actions and a lot of us bigger nations in VE feel exactly the same way.

How opportunistic of you, Vanguard. If it wasn't the lowlifes in Stickmen that you're now allied to, I'd be impressed.

So Vanguard are going with the evil side? Disappointing.

I'm more disappointed by a post like that from someone i thought wasn't a uni-dimensional person and could actually use logic before painting things in "EVIL" and "GOOD".

Ah well, the facepalming continues.

Wow, that is opportunism at the lowest level.

You mean attacking the treaty partner of an MDoAP partner with the express purpose of using said treaty clashes to ensure a less dangerous retaliation while you attempt to subvert an alliance's internal policy isn't opportunism?

I'm more disappointed by a post like that from someone i thought wasn't a uni-dimensional person and could actually use logic before painting things in "EVIL" and "GOOD".

Ah well, the facepalming continues.

My apologies. Let me rephrase that. Vanguard are joining the side which supports the unfettered raiding of alliances, and opposes the idea that community standards are more important than chained treaty ties. Disappointing.

My apologies. Let me rephrase that. Vanguard are joining the side which supports the unfettered raiding of alliances, and opposes the idea that community standards are more important than chained treaty ties. Disappointing.

Or the side that doesn't allow community values to be imposted unilaterally by asinine, pedantic and unreasonable madmen. This war is about more than raiding and you know it.

Or the side that doesn't allow community values to be imposted unilaterally by asinine, pedantic and unreasonable madmen. This war is about more than raiding and you know it.

But they are evil because they support raiding. Doesn't that make the attackers inherently righteous or good? Or was it the other way around? Ah damnit, let's just count the number of hails and pick that side as the evil one, popularity always mean that something was a miss. Or we could just roll for it.

You mean attacking the treaty partner of an MDoAP partner with the express purpose of using said treaty clashes to ensure a less dangerous retaliation while you attempt to subvert an alliance's internal policy isn't opportunism?

haha. +1 internets for that.

We are still handing out internets, right?

It is about more than raiding (it's also about the fact that Grub was called racist terms when he went to address the raid, for example). But the precedent that is being set is about raiding. If you join the fight to beat off Polar, you are supporting the ability of raiders to attack alliances freely and without intervention. Polar's intervention may be arbitrary, because no-one else had the balls to do it, and because of the dissembling of raiding alliances and their allies which has forever frustrated any sort of international system of justice, but it was in the interests of everyone who is now or may ever be disconnected from the treaty web.

It is about more than raiding (it's also about the fact that Grub was called racist terms when he went to address the raid, for example).

Can we please have a war without OOC !@#$ for once?

Yes, it was bad of the \m/ scoundrel to say such things to Grub, but it does not have anything to do with the planet we live on

OOC: This was addressed in the 'apology' thread, but many people (including myself) consider IRC queries aimed at a CN figure who has entered the channel to discuss CN matters to be IC. If that was not the case you wouldn't see IRC log dumps in IC threads, for example. You can't just say 'Oh I insulted him sure, but it was on IRC so it doesn't count hurrr'.

It is about more than raiding (it's also about the fact that Grub was called racist terms when he went to address the raid, for example). But the precedent that is being set is about raiding. If you join the fight to beat off Polar, you are supporting the ability of raiders to attack alliances freely and without intervention. Polar's intervention may be arbitrary, because no-one else had the balls to do it, and because of the dissembling of raiding alliances and their allies which has forever frustrated any sort of international system of justice, but it was in the interests of everyone who is now or may ever be disconnected from the treaty web.

It is that type of sentiment coming from Polaris and its supporters, in combination with the blatant disregard for their friends' treaties, that is causing much of the ire from the remainder of the politically active community. It is not up to Polaris to determine what is and is not in the best interests of any portion of the Cyberverse.