Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Yes we did in fact willingly flip him the bird, we will not let someone not connect to anything we do tell us what to do. Yes we still have that finger and we will flip it at him until he gives up this quest to be the moral judge of this planet.

I see. So all of \m/ would be fine if NpO curbstomps you, gives you peace, curbstomps you, gives you peace, etc. for years? Since you don't want to tell them what to do? Give me a break.

My allies are free to cancel their treaties with me, I sincerely hope they don't, but I will understand entirely if they do. I am not changing, I will do what I believe I have to, regardless of how inconvenient it is to everyone's long term planning.

NV stands by you, NpO.

Edited by Penkala

Eloquency is not a good substitution for intelligence, Grub, whatever you may think. I guess now that Citadel and TOP have pretty much screwed themselves it's not a big deal anyway but congratulations on basically hurting yourself in the long run. It's not like you weren't gonna get another opportunity to !@#$ on \m/ in the future anyway.

What I'm really loving in this thread - and am close to being forced into indifference regarding the matter as a whole - is this 'keve' dude. He's actually an alliance leader who is apparently treatied to Polaris. Fantastic. I want to hear more out of him on this.

First of all I am wondering what diplomacy was needed for. Second of all I thought that we had already seen an apology for that. Third of all was the rest of his government lying earlier then about it not being a reason to go to war?

All I see is an attempt to change the main line of argument here which is they had no stake in the FoA drama thus there was no need for diplomacy at all.

You're the one making up stuff that's already been proven to have nothing to do with the declaration.

And wait, you don't see the need to end Tech Raids diplomatically? Doesn't that make your new alliance a colossal, hypocritical joke then?

I agree with your sentiment, but that doesn't negate the existence of the treaty; it's somewhat reminiscent of the NpO-FIST-VE situation.

FIST's crime: Starcraftmazer impersonates NpO official on IRC while goofing off.

\m/'s crime: Raided a rather sizable alliance. Disrespected Polaris to a ludicrous degree when diplomacy was attempted.

NpO's response then: little to no diplomatic activity or forewarning to the mutual ally, VE.

NpO's response now: considerable diplomatic activity (\m/'s response to which helped drive this) and significant forewarning to the mutual ally, RoK.

End result then: VE cuts ties with NpO and declares neutrality in the conflict. The FIST war ends not long after. Leads to "the argument", NpO's ejection from "One Vision", and the NoCB war.

End result now: Sure as hell will be far better than the end result "then".

NpO hit an ally of any ally. Beyond that, the two situations are extremely different.

You're the one making up stuff that's already been proven to have nothing to do with the declaration.

And wait, you don't see the need to end Tech Raids diplomatically? Doesn't that make your new alliance a colossal, hypocritical joke then?

Maybe. But they still can't claim the title of fastest growing colossal, hypocritical joke.

Eloquency is not a good substitution for intelligence, Grub, whatever you may think. I guess now that Citadel and TOP have pretty much screwed themselves it's not a big deal anyway but congratulations on basically hurting yourself in the long run. It's not like you weren't gonna get another opportunity to !@#$ on \m/ in the future anyway.

What I'm really loving in this thread - and am close to being forced into indifference regarding the matter as a whole - is this 'keve' dude. He's actually an alliance leader who is apparently treatied to Polaris. Fantastic. I want to hear more out of him on this.

Im open for a QnA session... Im in #UINE if it interests you.

Except that, unless Grub categorically states otherwise and \m/ can't come up with proof, it means that much of what was stated in the OP is kinda irrelevant...unless NpO has decided to do a Unjust War re-enactment, in which case I should be attacking IRON or something....

You have my sword.

You asked why Grub declared war, I gave you Grub saying why he declared war. Just because you don't like his reasons doesn't mean you get to invent new ones.

I'm not inventing new ones at all, I'm just stating the facts as they've been presented and that's the conclusions I'm drawing.

Your best defense now, so to speak, is not to pretend to be a victim.

Did your members OR did your members not doing these things. I quoted here for your convenience.

And is it your official stand to allow this kind of profanity happened? I read \m/ apology thread, and I am under the impression it is. That apology thread is not really apologizing. You should not apologize if you feel you do nothing wrong. If you do apologize, mean it, and I am quite sure it will not result to this, or at least if it result to this, you have a good argument to reason with them and with public.

I don't think you read the apology thread closely enough. Their profanity is common amongst themselves but should not be used against foreign entities, which is the reason they apologized. If they were truly offended by profanity being used in general you'd think they wouldn't be allied to MK.

HAHAHAHAHA /me wipes the tears from his eyes

Ok ok Im ready, gimme another good one like that!

AlmightyGrub can't deny that he said to me something along these lines:

You have 5 days to rectify the situation or we will declare war on all three of you (\m/, PC and GOONS).

This convo took place a few days before the incident in #\m/.

Are they going to be attacking all alliances that tech raid then?

From the looks of it, just the one that is obsessed with raiding, posing about raiding and exposing that to everyone, and is fairly !@#$ty in terms of diplomacy to fix their short ends.

Regardless of whatever you say his intentions were, they both are striking against tech raiders and using the might of their alliance to do so. So, go ahead and baaw about the connection, but it's still there.

Dont think CNARF opposed tech raiding alliances.

Dont think polaris is trying to establish a permanent organization to oppose every instance of tech raiding unaligned nations, but rather teach a nasty kid a lesson.

Oh crap we're re-enacting the UJW? Please no, never again. Never again do I want to face the horrors of trying to coordinate with the \m/ 'military'

Oh now...it wasn't all bad...once you got past the fact you were herding house cats, you just had to point the sword and they'd take off. Sometimes you didn't even need the gasoline lit on their tails. :awesome:

Besides, NpO already did it wrong, \m/ declared on them first in 2007.

Maybe. But they still can't claim the title of fastest growing colossal, hypocritical joke.

Hey, I'll give you some credit, you left the folks that talked a big game but weren't willing to back it up when the time came.

And no, you can accuse us of a lot of nonsense with some founding for your claims, Penkala, but hypocrisy isn't one of them.

While I'm flattered that AlmightyGrub considers us so evil, don't be suckered in by his lofty talk of morals and "community standards". These goals would be noble if they were genuine, but they are not. AlmightyGrub simply doesn't like us. If he were truly committed to these farcical goals, then he would have declared war on Poison Clan or any of the other techraiding alliances out there. But he did not because he knows there is actual risk involved there. Don't be deceived. AlmightyGrub attacked us because he finds us to be disgusting and immoral. That's great. I find him to be pompous and moralist. We're even. I'm not imploring the CN community to come to our defense. It is not your obligation. All I ask is that you use your heads and see through these "community standards". The only rules alliances are obligated to follow are the CN Terms of Service, not these purposely vague "community standards" that the most powerful alliances can redefine at will. We will not subject ourselves to these false standards, as it will set a terrifying precedent that the most powerful alliances can destroy any alliance that they find to be inconsistent with their values. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve the freedom to define your own morals anyway.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

To think we changed the world in defense of this usurper who would change it back.

Edited by Schattenmann

While I'm flattered that AlmightyGrub considers us so evil, don't be suckered in by his lofty talk of morals and "community standards". These goals would be noble if they were genuine, but they are not. AlmightyGrub simply doesn't like us. If he were truly committed to these farcical goals, then he would have declared war on Poison Clan or any of the other techraiding alliances out there. But he did not because he knows there is actual risk involved there. Don't be deceived. AlmightyGrub attacked us because he finds us to be disgusting and immoral. That's great. I find him to be pompous and moralist. We're even. I'm not imploring the CN community to come to our defense. It is not your obligation. All I ask is that you use your heads and see through these "community standards". The only rules alliances are obligated to follow are the CN Terms of Service, not these purposely vague "community standards" that the most powerful alliances can redefine at will. We will not subject ourselves to these false standards, as it will set a terrifying precedent that the most powerful alliances can destroy any alliance that they find to be inconsistent with their values. If you can't see that, then you don't deserve the freedom to define your own morals anyway.

Wasn't \m/ setting a "terrifying precedent" by engaging in an alliance-wide tech-raid on a much weaker alliance? Why are you exempt from your own terrifyingly bold rules?

What did I make up? I'll leave you this empty space here to actually see if you manage to answer that.

The tech raid in question was already handled diplomatically by The Corp. That falls in line with what my alliance practices.

I'm not inventing new ones at all, I'm just stating the facts as they've been presented and that's the conclusions I'm drawing.

I don't think you read the apology thread closely enough. Their profanity is common amongst themselves but should not be used against foreign entities, which is the reason they apologized. If they were truly offended by profanity being used in general you'd think they wouldn't be allied to MK.

I think you need to understand what context is... it is a fairly subtle thing, sneaks up on you and bites you in the $@!

Dont think CNARF opposed tech raiding alliances.

Dont think polaris is trying to establish a permanent organization to oppose every instance of tech raiding unaligned nations, but rather teach a nasty kid a lesson.

But CNARF WAS about stopping tech raiders.

So what is it then? He already claimed he was going to war prior to the profanity that was done in their channel. Government members from there claimed they wouldn't be going over to war for it. So please enlighten me then.

I'm not NpO and I certainly wasn't in on their decision making process, so I can't give you the exact reason. Perhaps the OP could help you with that. But I'm extremely sure that it wasn't solely because \m/ is a tech raiding alliance like you claimed. \m/'s diplomatic conduct and general attitude surely had something to do with all this. Trying to deny that is just plain dumb.

And to those trying to spin this into some sort of NpO slight against C&G I have this to say: Meh.

Tensions like these between two of my closest allies annoy me, but I think they are also often overblown. They don't call it the treaty web for nothing. Events that should be unrelated sometimes propagate in funny directions, but that doesn't mean that two alliances or groups have any ill will for each other. I hope everyone will understand that and let this war remain what it is intended to be, a show of force intended to prove a point and to keep our community somewhat on track.