CN Generations

Tarikmo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the Greatest Generation. We made this game what it is! Back in my day we had to build our nations from the ground up with little to no aid. I remember when I got my first 5k aid package, I sure was thankful just to have some money to buy a little infra. You kids today get aided millions of dollars by your elders and still beg for more money. It seems like every 5 day old nation these days has multiple improvements. Back in my day we had to work to get just one improvement! That's why we learned about hard work and dedication while you youngins get everything spoon fed to you. Everything moves too fast these days with all this new fangled technology. I wish I could go back to when things were much simpler and planet Bob moved more slowly.

Thank you for actually reading the part of my post that said you can name a generation yourself. Also giving proof, +5 points!

mpol777, I know about how the stork comes along. ^_^

2006 - The Greatest Generation (referring to GWI)

2007 - The Nation Boomers (huge growth, those who fought/joined during GWII, GWIII)

2008 - Generation Vox (Referring to the counterculture movement that grew from UJP/WotC)

2009 - Generation Karma (Referring to those who joined in the wake of the Karma War)

2010 - We'll know when we get there.

I think it would be better to base the generation names off the political climates of the time rather then a solid year. For example mentioned above the year 2008 is called Generation Vox yet Vox itself, while it had a large influence, wasn't involved in the majority of the year and instead Generation Vox would better describe the time between WotC and Karma war.

I think it would be better to base the generation names off the political climates of the time rather then a solid year. For example mentioned above the year 2008 is called Generation Vox yet Vox itself, while it had a large influence, wasn't involved in the majority of the year and instead Generation Vox would better describe the time between WotC and Karma war.

Good point. Maybe the post-UJW to WoTC era can be something about the Hegemony since that was during the time when they were at their peak.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

This. Plus, if you were going to do it by year, CN's rhythm is based more on the academic year rather than the calendar.

We are the Greatest Generation. We made this game what it is! Back in my day we had to build our nations from the ground up with little to no aid. I remember when I got my first 5k aid package, I sure was thankful just to have some money to buy a little infra. You kids today get aided millions of dollars by your elders and still beg for more money. It seems like every 5 day old nation these days has multiple improvements. Back in my day we had to work to get just one improvement! That's why we learned about hard work and dedication while you youngins get everything spoon fed to you. Everything moves too fast these days with all this new fangled technology. I wish I could go back to when things were much simpler and planet Bob moved more slowly.

You've been skipping on your medicine again Grandpa... :wub:

No one cares Tarik, as usual. :P jk

2006, I'd call it the starter generation, simply because I have no real idea of the actual events that took place, so I lack the creativity in naming it. However I do know it's the beginning (well duh)

2007, I'd call it the greatest year. So many great alliances came and went. Even though I was only here shortly after the UJW, the way people talk about 2007 makes it sound great.

2008, the Dark Ages. Simply because just like in RL, the dark ages were boring.

2009, the Renaissance. We were reborn last year, mainly because of Karma, but also because the balance of power also shifted within each the Hegemony and Karma.

2010, the Worst Year Ever, starting out with WWE, it sucks so far.

Approximate, I might even put some more time into this later...for now enjoy and discuss.

2006 - The Pioneer Generation (game was still taking shape, norms of behavior established; first of the Great Wars, foundation many major alliances, relative instability across the globe)

2007 - The Boomer Generation (game had largest number of players, highest web stats; GW II, III, & IV, the Initiative Age during which sporadic warfare was the norm amongst major alliances)

2008 - The Echo Generation (game reaches maturity, many new wonders, improvements introduced, including navies; BLEU attempts to fill power vacuum left by the Initiative, the Curbstomp Era, GW V, Vox Populi)

2009 - The Visionary Generation (space introduced as a venue in the game creating the opportunity to obtain new resources, some adjustments made to game mechanics; Pacifican influence over world affairs declines, GW VI, the Karma Peace marked by relative stability)

2010 - <WAY too early to label> (TPF War, C&G/SF vs. CC)

What's sad is that things moved much more quickly back then.

Sums it up rather well i thought B-)

2006 - The Pioneer Generation (game was still taking shape, norms of behavior established; first of the Great Wars, foundation many major alliances, relative instability across the globe)

This appellation works equally well...far better than the negative one used in the OP.

The Age of Colonization - Stat up to the end of GWI

The Age of Growth - From the end of GWI right to the end of GWIII

The Age of Power - GOONS, Bleu, Continuum, etc. Ends at the start Pacifican War.

The Age of Discovery - Reorganizing of global power, I don't really know much about this age, as I was mostly absent. Ends at TPF War.

Now - Now.

My history is a little iffy, and I have not followed much in the past year or so, so anything past Pacifican War is questionable. I will call this the "Age of Downfall". Call it a prediction

Edited by The Observer

2008 - The Echo Generation (game reaches maturity, many new wonders, improvements introduced, including navies; BLEU attempts to fill power vacuum left by the Initiative, the Curbstomp Era, GW V, Vox Populi)

Much better description.

Mid of '08 representin :P