That stranger we respect

Hime Themis

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every alliance that isn't being constantly told how great it is. For example, NEW, TOP, FAN, MK, and others. Not that those alliances aren't great, but it's not hard to keep on keeping on when you have everyone falling over themselves to praise you. Even though I personally don't like some of them, I have gained a lot of respect for alliances like NPO, GGA, NSO, and Bel Air (when they existed) for simply existing and playing this game the way they want to and constantly getting !@#$ for it. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you made the OWF happy, it matters if you're enjoying yourself in your alliance, and despite heavy opposition, some alliances stick together and maintain a strong community (and in some cases a strong alliance) despite not having the world constantly patting them on the back and often times having their legs kicked out from under them.

That said, I'll still be the first to criticize one of those alliances, but that doesn't mean I don't respect them for sticking to their guns.

Love you too, Mathias.

No allies? Crud, there go CCC and STA :P

I'm going to go with the obvious (for anyone who knows me) and say Polaris. I was once an ally of theirs, and let me tell you, they are some of the best allies anyone could hope for. Plus KingRich's epicness is rivalled by few.

I'm also big on GC. They have perfected neutrality, plus they're a Babylon 5-themed alliance :P How could I possibly hate them?

In terms of people, the list would be way the hell too long. :P Granted I mentioned #1 on the list already.

There are many alliances that I respect. And there are quite a few where I have come to know some of thier members and been friendly with. Many of whom I met as a diplomat a wee time ago. And yes, I'm still just a pup to some of you blokes. :)

Much has changed since I really paid all that much attention. If I was on, I generally talked with a couple of folks and our protectors. Not a whole lot else. I am still trying to catch up on various changes with many alliances. Many individuals I consider friends have shifted allegiances.

To those alliances that Blackhorse faced back when? Well met, and well fought. We spent much more time bs'n back and forth then we did tearing each others nations apart. This goes for those folks prior, as well.

Y'all know who you are.

May we exchange words, or missiles...as necessary. ;)

United under Scorn - Had to deal with a rogue incident with them, they're some of the most professional and respectful people I've ever dealt with.

GOD - They have good posters, and while I don't agree with some of their policies, they back up what they say and they stick by their word.

TJO - If it weren't for the Moralist Front, I'd probably be there. Excellent OWF presence.

CoJ - Working with them through Red Dawn has been a pleasure. Competence in a micro-alliance is exceptionally hard to come by.

I respect the GPA since it was my first home in the game and they have remained non-aggressive for their entire history. I miss the golden era from before the Woodstock massacre when there were some active GPAers on the forum like ElBruc, But sadly we do not hear from them much these days.

I also greatly like the NPO, their methods are harsh but they get results. And many great alliances have collapsed under lesser reparations agreements. So the fact that they are still alive is a testament to their skill & tenacity. They have taken the worst that the world can throw at them and still remained standing at the end of the day and kept their sanction.

I respect OBR, Alpha Omega, The House of Lords and GLOF for being direct, honest, and honorable. These alliances say what they mean, and do it. They stay out of business that isn't theirs and stick by their allies.

They embody the tenants of the Bushido Code, and are great friends to have.

Edited by Hegemon Rob

Viridian Entente - Often I find myself agreeing with VE, or their members individually. They know what it's like to be pushed to disbandment. I don't think they've forgotten it, they seem to have compassion. Also, they're simply a stand-up alliance in every other way I can think of.

The International - Suffered through many wars and hardships early on. Not the alliance itself, but many of it's founders and members. I wasn't sure if a great, yet stable leftist was possible to maintain. The International has shown us all otherwise. Also, honorable and respectable.

I have enormous amounts of respect for FAN. The fact that their community could withstand the combined might of multiple alliances attempting to destroy them for almost 2 years is insane. mpol is also an excellent, no-nonsense leader and I thoroughly enjoy reading his posts. They are an admirable alliance.

NSO: If more alliances were like NSO, we would have a better game. They shake things up, but also keep things IC, which is becoming less common. Whether they end up as an enemy or a friend to me, the game is better for them existing.

TOP: Simply for their sheer power, and the fact that its clear they are willing to turn loose their power even in the face of superior numbers.

FOK: Always doing their best to do right by their allies, and quite fun to chat with.

STA: Much respect for the white peace they gave USN in the No Vision war oh so long ago.

MK: Just solid from top to bottom as best I can tell.

MK- Can't sing enough praises about MK. Plus, there's babyjesus.

Genesis- Templar and Empirica are amazing. 95+ pages can't be wrong either.

Umbrella- Great alliance full of some top notch members. :lj: Xavii and Roq

Polar- Much respect for Polar, even if we've rarely seen eye to eye on issues

FOK- Great people to talk to and will always have your back regardless of the odds.

GATO - these guys just flat out refuse to quit. they've been to the brink and back what? 4 times? I've never known a whole lot about you guys, but you guys got crushed multiple times and your lives were made very difficult on numerous occasions, yet you've always come out smiling.

TOP - they've got some great minds over there and when one man in an alliance can hold off a global conflict for 6 days b/c of his RL schedule, well thats astounding! (seriously i don't think anyone else could pull that off. Maybe an Archon or a Grub, but i think thats it really)

Ronin - I've always like Airme and what he's done/is doing with Ronin is pretty awesome, even if they do have people like Hisk and KingDingaLing in their alliance :P

Olympus - These guys practice what they preach; a tight community with committed leaders who are fiercely loyal to their friends.

GOONS - They appreciate the insanity around and within them for what it is, and have a blast doing it.

Genesis - I seen them tell it like it is without resorting to rudeness and 'no u's and have always admired their steadfastness to their allies even in the face of certain defeat.