Peace Mode Arguments

Aeternalis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all seen this argument, yes? We're all sick of it, yes? So, in order that it is never again used by the CoC, I've arranged some peace mode stats. The first number is the number of nations in PM, and the next number shows the percentage of nations in PM

blah blah blah

So please, realize the hypocrisy and your foolishness

I have seen this argument on both sides. The common pursuant of peace modes is being used as a war tactic by both sides. You will notice that any nation of GOD, Athens or RoK that is not in peace mode is either a) inactive or b) already on the offensive or on the defensive.

\m/.... they are CN very own extremists with suicide vests on and ready to blow.

One can't be too critical of this tactic. It is fairly obvious they are attempting to avoid the blitz by the next wave of attacks. While I am opposed to the "CoC", I give them props. It's a good idea to avoid getting wiped out.

Including only Athens, RoK, \m/, and GOD on the Complaints and Friends is a rather slanted take as we all know that those four alliances aren't the only ones with a horse in this race. It would be much more telling to:

1) Also view the peace mode stats of their immediate allies.

2) Remember that the CC's strategy is to throw into peace mode their lower ranks which includes far more nations than CnF's strategy of just throwing in their top heavy nations. Take a look at the stats of the higher avg NS alliances in CnF.

Yeah, it's a strategy... and yeah it's annoying, but it's also smart.

Im pretty sure its CC, not CoC.

You don't get to decide the name, and as a result its either or depending on what side the person is on.

I'm not in peace mode so I will laugh at everyone who is in peace mode :3 including my own alliance

I'm guilty of being ordered into pace mode. But I was in defcon 1 after the DOW's came in. And my alliance is only on the sideline (for now) :D

Whether its valid or not.. when I see over 70% of nations in peace mode in certain alliances it does sort of bother me. Strategy or not, its just a human reaction. But I would not be foolish enough to call someone a coward unless of course they admit to hugging infra while trash talking others for doing the same. The whole pot calling.. well you get the picture.

The level of stupidity present here should be punishable by law.

Coincidence Coalition/Coward Coalition...who cares, this war is a joke. Considering it is, why dont we just say that CC stands for the "Clown Coalition", and come up with another witty name for the other side besides Karma?

Edited by DictatorDan

Peace mode is a coalition wide strategy on both sides, so anyone saying 'shut up and come out of peace mode' is just being ignorant (on either side) and should be ignored.

Edit: And yes, I'm in PM too :o

Edited by Bob Janova

I think this war is going to work of a siege warfare doctrine.

Starve the enemy out and pick him off when he is weak.

The deciding factor in this kind of conflict is the amount of starting supplies, The side that has the biggest warchests and the best logistics will be the eventual victor.

You don't get to decide the name, and as a result its either or depending on what side the person is on.

I'm not in peace mode so I will laugh at everyone who is in peace mode :3 including my own alliance

What he said.

No but really, I find it reasonable to make fun of anyone who makes fun of people in PM. The obviously have no idea what is happening.

This is really the strangest war ever. Now when RoK/Athens/GoD/_m/ allies attack... They're going to do what? Yell across the battlefield? There's not going to be any targets until one side decides to come out of PM en masse and make their strike.

That's when the war will be on. If that never happens, then this will officially be the lamest war ever.

Edit:

In fact, both sides will have to come out of PM at the same time. All non-PM nations will be at war soon enough. So coming out of PM will just give the other side advance warning to come out the next day and make THEIR attacks.

A strategy, yes, but I'm not entirely sure I "get it".

Edited by Lady Gaga

Quit whining about whining about the whining about peace mode.

Up to a year ago, anyone that went into peace mode would be taunted mercilessly, typically by the Hegemony forces that drove them there. "Why don't you drop PM and do something about it, FAN?" Remember those comments?

We've got a cultural history of publicly bullying people in peace mode. Suddenly, you expect that to change? Forget all your brilliant strategy razzle-dazzle. If you want the peace mode whining to stop, you'll have to launch a propaganda and informational campaign to change the perception at large that it's somehow wrong to be in PM and right to be in war mode.

Could you include the amount and percentage of nation strength in peacemode, also?

If you made this a daily updated topic on this statistic it'd be an interesting way of tracking where the war is going, for those sitting on the sidelines.

Edited by Kiss Goodbye

Could you include the amount and percentage of nation strength in peacemode, also?

If you made this a daily updated topic on this statistic it'd be an interesting way of tracking where the war is going, for those sitting on the sidelines.

only if i can put in peace mode nations per offensive war.