Peace Mode Arguments

Aeternalis

The reason that its so jacked up about everyone jumping into PM is because its the larger nations... who have given the smaller nations word to sit and wait to see what happens... granted uve put forth a lot more effort into your nation, but ur using the smaller nations in ur alliance as bait to start a fight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason that its so jacked up about everyone jumping into PM is because its the larger nations... who have given the smaller nations word to sit and wait to see what happens... granted uve put forth a lot more effort into your nation, but ur using the smaller nations in ur alliance as bait to start a fight

What? Which side are you talking about?

Sure, CC might have more nations in peace mode, but you have all of your top guys in peace mode, and everyone knows the top tier is the most important.

I think one thing with the peace mode accusations might be that those making the accusations are not in peace mode, and the ones on the other side who are in peace mode are the ones in range of them. They don't realize/notice/consider that people lower down/higher up than them on their own side are also in peace mode.

I don't want to be in peace mode.....but i certainly don't want to be the one guy who gets rolled for not being in it. Thats my thoughts on the matter

That's sorta the problem, only with entire sides.

In fact, both sides will have to come out of PM at the same time. All non-PM nations will be at war soon enough. So coming out of PM will just give the other side advance warning to come out the next day and make THEIR attacks.

Yeah. The 2 sides should have just agreed to all come out of peace mode at the same time and to not use the jump-out-of-peace-mode strategy.

But of course, then you'd have inactives and whatnot, people who honestly got into peace mode late and couldn't leave it for awhile (I, for one, can't enter war mode until the 4th, and will probably go inactive at just that time... #%@!), and such, and you'd have people accusing each other of deliberately violating the agreement. You also might have some people/alliances who actually did violate the agreement and used the strategy.

However, as the OP pointed out there are still some people in war mode; why couldn't they fight each other and maybe have the PMers gradually come out of peace mode, or come out all at once for that jump they were planning? I know there's a range discrepancy but it's not like there are absolute limits or something. People at the edge of the peace mode/not peace mode border could come out of peace mode.

Edit: I've got it- just enough people on one side or each side could leave peace mode so as to jump on those on the other side who are in war mode, and not give up any of the first-strike advantage, then the other side could do a similar thing to hit those on the other side who just left peace mode, and it would reverberate back and forth until everyone was out of peace mode.

Edited by AlexanderRM