Concerning the use of the Karma moniker

Archon

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words you're mad because you aren't on the giving end anymore?

I'm not mad. In fact my feelings are mostly humour at watching karma supporters all run around like headless chickens furiously trying to defend each other from legitimate criticism. You all know that CB is rubbish, but either hate TPF too much to care or have to keep up the lies to support your allies. The only negative emotion is seeing what this farce is doing to TPF. If TPF had really spied in cahoots with ZH, then why aren't you also hitting ZH? They are the ones who apparently actually did the deed? Just as guilty, so explain why they're getting off scott free.

I would tend to disagree with the basis of your point Archon.

While Karma existed solely to fight the Hegemony, the fact is that the basic jist of the alliances is the same. It was Archon and Londo that were the voices of Karma, and it seems that over the last month or so, all the topics that I've seen started by yourself have been just to say "we support Athens". The key players are the same, allies haven't really changed, people are going to identify this group as one and the same with Karma.

With the other side, they will much less likely be identified as the Hegemony without it's key player, and leading alliance for around 3 years as I understand it, being New Pacific Order.

Also, just because somebody identifies these forces as being "Karma" does not make they themselves "Hegemony" alliances. I for one fought as a member of the Karma coalition, and find what we see in this global era of actions over the past 2 months from Athens to be absolutely repulsive behavior. I have lost a lot of respect for Athens over that timeframe.

The farce CB used for this curbstomp was born out of the karma war so it is in reality, to me at least, just a continuation of that war. Part 2 if you will. Especially as IRON is also being goaded to join in so the rest of you can jump them again. Using the name 'karma' for this war's aggressors, current and future, is perfectly justified.

I fail to see how the CB is a farce whatsoever.

Condoning spying has been a valid Cassus Belli since the beginning of cybernations. Look at the Citrus War.

Or GW1 (it would've probably started without Yari's story. Yari's story was like lighting napalm on top of gasoline), when NPO discovered LUEs spy in NPO.

Or when MK declared on the United Blue Directorate for attempting to spy on us. The CN community supported that war.

Why is this time any different?

Seriously. I want to hear one good sound piece of logic.

And stating that it occurred during the Karma War is not a valid piece of evidence you can use to dispute the CB. Spying is spying. If you aren't prepared to face the consequences of your actions, don't do them.

I'm not mad. In fact my feelings are mostly humour at watching karma supporters all run around like headless chickens furiously trying to defend each other from legitimate criticism. You all know that CB is rubbish, but either hate TPF too much to care or have to keep up the lies to support your allies. The only negative emotion is seeing what this farce is doing to TPF. If TPF had really spied in cahoots with ZH, then why aren't you also hitting ZH? They are the ones who apparently actually did the deed? Just as guilty, so explain why they're getting off scott free.

I don't have to explain anything to you, and I'm not going to. Continue to think what you think, your opinion and changing it mean very little to me.

Three: The amount of crap the allies of TPF have gotten is because nearly 3 full days have elapsed without a peep from any of them. There's a certain expectation of promptness with respect to the honoring of treaties on Planet Bob, and when it takes you three full ****ing days to get yourselves together it's kind of embarrassing.

Karma's a !@#$%*?

I understand you get paid by the word here, but please stop ruining your image. You actually used to be a semi-legend around here.

Well, what other reason was there for them not being ready after 3 days?

And no like I just explained I wasn't saying TOP wasn't ready, I was just accusing them of not being prepared to deal with things in a timely manner.

So your argument is that they say karma because they're too unimaginative to come up with anything else?

Only if your interpretation of my argument is that the people currently being called "karma" are too unimaginative to come up with a new name to be called by.

Your posts really seem to rely on strawmen in the past few days WC. It's not polite.

I do not think the CB was rubbish, quite the contrary I think TPF absolutely deserves to be attacked by Athens and Rok.

Interesting. I didn't know all timelines revolve around you archon.

Your lot declare war for acts of war enclosed within other acts of war half a year ago.

But when it doesn't suit you, three days is too much of a delay?

Right.

We could just steal a page from your playbook, put this baseless war in cold storage, and use it a s a cb at a time better suited to our interests.

Edited by Galapagos

Well, what other reason was there for them not being ready after 3 days?

And no like I just explained I wasn't saying TOP wasn't ready, I was just accusing them of not being prepared to deal with things in a timely manner.

Let's just talk on the battlefield. It'll be much more fun, and a lot less annoying.

And stating that it occurred during the Karma War is not a valid piece of evidence you can use to dispute the CB. Spying is spying. If you aren't prepared to face the consequences of your actions, don't do them.

I have the feeling that if NPO had started GWII with the CB of the spying done on it during GWI, you wouldn't have been too receptive.

You spent all that time declaring NPO evil and calling Planet Bob to action. Wars without CBs such as this one would end and all would be right with the world. Maybe you lied or maybe you just changed your mind. It does not matter because now you act in ways not even NPO would have. In time those same forces will come for you. Its almost like, hmmm I don't know? Karma?