Concerning the use of the Karma moniker

Archon

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archon sorry mate i understand what your saying but didnt you spend 2 or 3 days stalling things by negotiating a peace that was never going to happen to stall the last war. You simply sitting here and looking down your nose at other people is something that surprises me greatly. You have always been high on my list of great leaders and shall remain there but this time man i think youve got it wrong. Your coalition formed at the threat of war and pulled of something that many said couldnt be done and were to scared to dream of being done. This war came out of no where with the potential to be a global killer should everything chain out. Fools rush in and wasting lives in haste is nothing more than doing something half assed. You had a week or more to formulate you plans its been 3 days. I would rather burn and allow my allies a chance to develop something than watch them rush head long in to a trap. Karma may be dead but im sorry if this looks like nothing more than an oppurtunity to rub a battered alliances face in their recent loss. I realize that this statement will open up the flame fest but its my take on this.

edited to change stop to stall

Edited by Buds The Man

Only if your interpretation of my argument is that the people currently being called "karma" are too unimaginative to come up with a new name to be called by.

Your posts really seem to rely on strawmen in the past few days WC. It's not polite.

No...that's pretty much exactly what you said...

In effect, they are currently called "Karma", because there is no other word that exists to describe them.\

And I didn't know there was a rule that they had to name themselves, guess hegemony gave them themselves the CoC title?

Interesting. I didn't know all timelines revolve around you archon.

Your lot declare war for acts of war enclosed within other acts of war half a year ago.

But when it doesn't suit you, three days is too much of a delay?

Right.

The difference is that the information regarding TPF's espionage only recently came to light; it was impossible to act any more swiftly in this matter. In contrast, TPF's allies have spent the last three days spouting off piss-poor arguments in the public arena, rather than utilising that time to undergo the military preparation they so desperately need. I mean, if a treaty obligates action, and you contest the validity of the casus belli, then where is your response?

I have the feeling that if NPO had started GWII with the CB of the spying done on it during GWI, you wouldn't have been too receptive.

They already had enough CBs built up by then to murder The League about ten times over, and you know that Letum.

And first we would've tried to bargain with NPO/WUT and try to appease them (which typically failed back then) and then we would've prepared to get attacked for a valid reason.

But there is one difference.

NPO knew about the spying and it ceased right before GW1 began, when NPO discovered the spy.

NPO also announced that they discovered the spy.

In this case, it came to light months after they were ordered to attack.

ZH was struck by a case of having a conscious and decided to do the right thing and tell the alliances in question what they were formed with the intent of doing.

Edited by bros2

Well, what other reason was there for them not being ready after 3 days?

And no like I just explained I wasn't saying TOP wasn't ready, I was just accusing them of not being prepared to deal with things in a timely manner.

I don't think a successful counter coalition has ever been organized, so claiming there's some sort of timeline that should be followed is absurd. Certainly, each alliance could have simply declared and gone for whatever targets they saw. But who knows how much negotiating, strategizing, organizing, etc this might have taken (especially during the holidays), for the defending side to potentially win for once.

The difference is that the information regarding TPF's espionage only recently came to light; it was impossible to act any more swiftly in this matter. In contrast, TPF's allies have spent the last three days spouting off piss-poor arguments in the public arena, rather than utilising that time to undergo the military preparation they so desperately need. I mean, if a treaty obligates action, and you contest the validity of the casus belli, then where is your response?

Came to light now? They chose to bring it to light now.

No, we do not work on Archon's timetable. As I said before, we could just copy your lot's playbook, keep this ridiculous war as a cold case, and retrieve it at a time of our choosing.

Edited by Galapagos

I don't think a successful counter coalition has ever been organized, so claiming there's some sort of timeline that should be followed is absurd. Certainly, each alliance could have simply declared and gone for whatever targets they saw. But who knows how much negotiating, strategizing, organizing, etc this might have taken (especially during the holidays), for the defending side to potentially win for once.

I'm pretty sure the defending side won the last war, though I'm not sure how that's relevant to today.

I don't have to explain anything to you, and I'm not going to. Continue to think what you think, your opinion and changing it mean very little to me.

I don't really care what you think either. You answered my post, so I answered it.

I do not think the CB was rubbish, quite the contrary I think TPF absolutely deserves to be attacked by Athens and Rok.

You obviously fall into catagory 2 then.

Edited by Waterana

Have you ever heard of this counter coalition named karma?

Not sure what you mean by 'you'. ;)

Whomever it took 3 days to prepare.

I do not think the CB was rubbish, quite the contrary I think TPF absolutely deserves to be attacked by Athens and Rok.

You don't have to lie, most of your allies have admitted its rubbish but, the CB was never the point of this war nor is TPF. I don't think anyone is still dumb enough to think that at this point. Surely all the crying over war plans being tossed into chaos and attempts to bait others to play along with this entire farce of a plan has shown you what this is all really about.

No, we do not work on Archon's timetable. As I said before, we could just copy your lot's playbook, keep this ridiculous war as a cold case, and retrieve it at a time of our choosing.

Are you saying Athens had all this information 6 months ago?

You spent all that time declaring NPO evil and calling Planet Bob to action. Wars without CBs such as this one would end and all would be right with the world. Maybe you lied or maybe you just changed your mind. It does not matter because now you act in ways not even NPO would have. In time those same forces will come for you. Its almost like, hmmm I don't know? Karma?

You must think you're incredibly clever but it's overshadowed by the blatant denial of a perfectly valid CB. The effort it takes to deny its existence is truly impressive. Most people decrying the current state of affairs are probably in the same boat: they're aware that this is a perfectly reasonable action by RoK and Athens, but your past complaints and grievances lead you to latch onto the idea that this is somehow wrong.

By claiming that the CB is false you attempt to justify your anger, when in fact you're still living in the past.

Uh, no, Athens only received this information recently. Neither Zero Hour or The Phoenix Federation disputes this. Hence the declaration of war a couple of days ago.

how much negotiating, strategizing, organizing, etc this might have taken (especially during the holidays), for the defending side to potentially win for once.

Conspiracy to kill alliances using drama from the inside out hardly makes TPF the Innocent "defending side"