An Announcement from Athens and Ragnarok

Jgoods45

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, and they do a brilliant job of preventing people from raiding you.

Prevention is impossible. There's nothing they can do to stop someone from pushing the "declare war" button, unless they force you to go into peace mode.

They can, however, declare war on the person that raids, or ask them to stop raiding since they're being protected.

If they surrender this time do you still get to attack them six months from now for cruise missiles launched in the previous three days?

I seriously think that this needs to be addressed.

PoWs will be engaged six months later after logs are revealed wherein those PoWs state they want revenge.

I was referencing FAN's infiltration and destruction of the yellow alliance Auric Armada, which they claimed was an NPO puppet. As I recall, FAN was largely applauded for this action at the time. Which leaves me wondering what's changed that makes it so bad when TPF does it. Perhaps peoples' opinions on such tactics have genuinely changed, but I think it really boils down to the hatred that many still hold for TPF.

I don't know that anyone ever thinks something like that is right. In case you missed it, though, the NPO was keeping FAN in eternal war, and their war would never have ended if it hadn't been stopped by Karma. NPO would have used it as a CB, but they were already at war.

As far as right and wrong go, I'm not sure that quite matters here. I don't think Athens cares whether it is morally correct, but rather whether it's a threat to them. They were fine with the AA op because it didn't affect them, they're obviously not okay with it when it's directed at them.

If they surrender this time do you still get to attack them six months from now for cruise missiles launched in the previous three days?

I seriously think that this needs to be addressed.

Actually, no, as TPF is at war with Athens right now, and a TPF nation fighting an Athens nation is perfectly acceptable.

What's not acceptable would be for that nation to organize a group of people to infiltrate an alliance that isn't fighting TPF and take them down from the inside.

I believe they were part of the bloc that was preventing NPO(and TPF by default) from getting terms. So yeh, you lose LoD. Also, they were fair game via the treaty web at the time. Keep in mind the only reason this was even discussed was because we saw no end in sight because your 'just' coalition was out for bloodlust.

Edited by jimbacher

Actually, no, as TPF is at war with Athens right now, and a TPF nation fighting an Athens nation is perfectly acceptable.

What's not acceptable would be for that nation to organize a group of people to infiltrate an alliance that isn't fighting TPF and take them down from the inside.

Haven't we already covered this last bit? I'm so tired of people still playing games with it. :blink:

everyone taunts someone's allies only to see such a huge amount of NS arrayed against them.

But does that really matter? Isn't signing a defence treatie the same as to be there for another when !@#$ hits the fan?

there is no real courage needed to be a dogpiller.

Real courage is found in fighting against greater numbers/ better alliances or against the wave.

But does that really matter? Isn't signing a defence treatie the same as to be there for another when !@#$ hits the fan?

there is no real courage needed to be a dogpiller.

Real courage is found in fighting against greater numbers/ better alliances or against the wave.

Real courage could also be ignoring the drama on OWF and waiting for the right time to counter attack?

Individual terms of surrender are now available for nations of The Phoenix Federation. I would like to make it clear that Athens's and Ragnarok's problem is not with TPF's membership, but with those government officials who were complicit in the plotting against us and our associates. This is not your war. Do not feel obligated to fight it. It it no act of cowardice to surrender when you are fighting for a bad cause or for the wrong reason. In fact, it is the sanest thing that you can do. All PoW camps will be protected by their respective alliances.

LOL Now you're picking up NPO's lines too?

I'm so tired of people still playing games with it. Haven't we already covered this? :wacko:

Haha. Not trying to pick on your post Nizzle. Its just that both sides have been hammering their respective points into the ground for days now. To bring up that "we already covered this" about one of the points just amused me. Me personally, I don't like the idea of trying to sneak into someones alliance for the purpose of destroying the community. I don't care who is doing it. I also don't agree that Athens was considered their enemy during that war. I don't think the sides were as black and white as that. Just my opinion though.