Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most disappointing player: Kurushio

Alliance: This is hard. I would like to say Ragnarok for some old stuff, but here I am. Then again, TOP and Echelon are both good choices

I chuckled.

I was disappointed with Philosopher for lying to an alliance and in the end letting that same alliance be destroyed for the sake of drama. Also I'm disappointed in Bilrow for believing his lies.

I am also very disappointed in FIRE...I really thought it was gonna work.

Edited by Kevanovia

The alliance which I was most disappointed with in my entire time here would be the Legion. They first disappointed me in Great War 3. I thought they were going to do much better. Then they disappointed me when they signed on with Pacifica. In fact, the entire relationship from purplegate onward was a big disappointment.

I can't think of any players that have truly disappointed me in my time here. I guess no one made that horrible of an impression. ;)

Most Disappointing Player - Starfox101

It's not that Starfox is a bad player. Indeed, he's survived more battles and been involved in more alliances than a dozen other players. He's been there, done that, and most likely had a t-shirt once, but wore it thread bare. And all that is the problem...if he could manage to settle down in one place and nation build he could be running a massive nation by now and be involved in leadership in a sanctioned alliance. Instead, he roams Planet Bob, much like Kwai Chang Caine in 'Kung Fu', never staying with any alliance for very long. Perhaps that is his goal...if so, he's actually the most successful player in the game.

I play my role. I have no interest in being a leader.

Player: Starfox101. He was cool in Vox, but now that that's all over it has become pretty clear that the guy just craves attention - and that he gets it by raging against everything and everyone.

Alliance: Echelon.

You can always ignore me.

It took you that long to figure Starfox out? He's played the martyr his entire CN career.

As far as my pick, it's hard to say. Right off the top of my head I might say Sponge for bailing so suddenly on TLC. I'm sure he probably had his reaons, though.

I hate the cool kids.

Chairman Hal, apparently he killed \m/ :psyduck:

Also Sponge, also Starfox, also MK

wut

I think I agree with Fallen earlier in the thread, regarding the way Echelon treated us after they canceled on us and joined One Vision two days later. To my eye at least, Echelon and Polar were two of the closest alliances in BLEU, and although I have heard Khyber and Ross Garner testify otherwise, we felt it a mutual appreciation.

To add something new, I cannot say with certainty that I am most disappointed in MHA, but I feel some degree of disappointment with their diplomatic processes in the pre-war months. Not only did they irresponsibly (or perhaps disingenuously) sign two 'eternal' pacts with poles that were inevitably going to collide, I felt they handled their 'cancellation' with Pacifica extraordinarily poorly. I do not know MHA well enough to understand if that debacle was emblematic of greater diplomatic issues, but that they were short-sighted enough to find themselves in that position by the beginning of the Karma War was disappointing for an alliance I had once rather liked. As an aside, I would indicate I feel nothing strongly about MHA these days, just that this particular incident was not what I expected or for what I hoped.

For disappointing players, I suppose most members of the Pacifican leadership have disappointed me to some degree before Moo's long awaited retirement, as I once was a wide-eyed naïve Polar officer trying to restore the perfect alignment of the Orders, and the Pacifican IOs are/were among the coldest and most distrusting people I have ever encountered.

Ursarkar ranks very highly on my Most Disappointing list as well.

Also I will mention I am disappointed that I never see Doitzel anymore :(

Captain Flinders.

I tried my damndest to put myself in his shoes. His alliance's shoes. It worked - to an extent.

At first, I simply thought his attitude was just what was going on; the representation of all his, and Nordreich's, and of Norden Verein's, hate.

Pure Karma, because my alliance deserved it.

But as time passed, I began to see that the only thing he represented was a small, ineffectual ball of fury, directed it at whoever was in the spotlight.

Most disappointing alliances: MHA, TAB, Poison Clan, and other alliances in the 08'. They steamrolled and barricaded DOOM from external help with their diplomatic ties over someone's nuke being spied away. Later when the truth came out when some undercover alliance called Global Terror Network boasted that they were one behind the spy attack, none of DOOM's attackers said anything.

Not apologizing after stomping an alliance flat and learning that their victim didn't do anything wrong=extremely impolite

Edited by HHAYD

NPO, hands down. I used to respect them a lot, used to even be one of them. They were skillful in the game and they had really talented leadership and their pragmatic and rational way of playing the game appealed to me, especially due to what happened during and after GW I; they knew what they were doing and they did it right even if they had to get their hands dirty doing it.

Not really something I'm seeing right now when I look at them. Instead, I see a whiny group of !@#$%s that fails to accept its fate and poorly attempts to gain back the sympathies of the masses by playing the victim card and acting like a bunch of arrogant little pricks they are. Of course, the latter is what they've always done but back in the gilded era of Pax Pacifica, it at least worked; now they're just digging their graves deeper and the foaming we get from certain ex-Heg folks is as far from rationality as I can imagine.

edit: lrn2engrish

Edited by Iosif Moldov

Not really something I'm seeing right now when I look at them. Instead, I see a whiny group of !@#$%s that fails to accept its fate and poorly attempts to gain back the sympathies of the masses by playing the victim card and acting like a bunch of arrogant little pricks they are. Of course, the latter is what they've always done but back in the gilded era of Pax Pacifica, it at least worked; now they're just digging their graves deeper and the foaming we get from certain ex-Heg folks is as far from rationality as I can imagine.

edit: lrn2engrish

So much hate in your heart, be careful, you can explode :P

Most Disappointing Alliance:

GR, I can't even think up the words. Considering the heritage on which you we're founded, I expected alot, but I've been repetitively disappointed.

NpO - It seems that I can't go a week without seeing somebody from NpO trash-talk Echelon. Truth be known, Echelon is indifferent in our opinion of NpO. I think what disappoints me most about you is that you can't seem to get past events of long ago. Think of who lead Echelon the past, Khyber, Ross Garner, Tela, BadBoyBill2007, El Hefe, just to name a few. Not a single one of these individuals is in Echelon today. If you've got a problem with Echelon, I would hope that it is because you had a problem with Neo Anglia, Chogsilanimous, Solidus117, Ruggerdawg, memoryproblems, KMBanana, Capt. McKinnon, the face of the current Echelon government, but I doubt that is the case, and thats the reason why I'm disappointed.

Most Disappointing Player

Starcraftmazter - He and I go way back, starting with an OOC friendship coming from a website which we had mutual disdain. My biggest disappointment was that we weren't very compatible in our approach in this realm, and that we couldn't co-exist in an alliance together.

Edited by memoryproblems

Most disappointing alliances: MHA, TAB, Poison Clan, and other alliances in the 08'. They steamrolled and barricaded DOOM from external help with their diplomatic ties over someone's nuke being spied away. Later when the truth came out when some undercover alliance called Global Terror Network boasted that they were one behind the spy attack, none of DOOM's attackers said anything.

Not apologizing after stomping an alliance flat and learning that their victim didn't do anything wrong=extremely impolite

Either my memory is incredibly foggy from too many Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, or I have no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't DOOM a protectorate of TAB? Ahh, I found the wiki article. MHA likely had no part in that besides supporting TAB, we certainly did not attack DOOM or had anything to apologize for.

Edit 2: Wow, the memory is foggy. Heh, I posted several times in TAB's cancellation thread. But my point remains: I was supporting TAB, MHA had no part in attacking DOOM or what happened to them, and I even encouraged +Zeke+ to gain peace for DOOM. And it certainly wasn't just over a nuke being spied away.

Edited by Working_Class_Ruler

Most Dissappointing Player : Doitzel...Because he changed his name to Elyat. Doitzel was SOOOO much cooler.

Most Disappointing Alliance : GOLD. When I joined back in GW3 there was so much potential..It could have turned out so different. -_-

Disappointment is a more interesting metric. People or alliances I have never cared for cannot really disappoint.

Pacifica for sure for alliance. In the early years I was really extraordinarily fond of them.

I would join those saying ChairmanHal, but I never really knew him well enough to go anywhere near the top of the list. I would almost have to agree with SpiderJ instead - Kurushio was the most disappointing character.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

NpO - It seems that I can't go a week without seeing somebody from NpO trash-talk Echelon. Truth be known, Echelon is indifferent in our opinion of NpO. I think what disappoints me most about you is that you can't seem to get past events of long ago. Think of who lead Echelon the past, Khyber, Ross Garner, Tela, BadBoyBill2007, El Hefe, just to name a few. Not a single one of these individuals is in Echelon today. If you've got a problem with Echelon, I would hope that it is because you had a problem with Neo Anglia, Chogsilanimous, Solidus117, Ruggerdawg, memoryproblems, KMBanana, Capt. McKinnon, the face of the current Echelon government, but I doubt that is the case, and thats the reason why I'm disappointed.

You are disappointed with us now, we are disappointed with your alliance since Echelon sold us for membership in One Vision, I think we have a draw. Do not try to blame just the Echelon leaders when all members of your alliance(there are +20 members with a seniority of +400 days) followed their leadership, I don't remember them protesting against their decision. Unlike MCXA who were a large alliance with most of the members inactives or clueless you can't tell the same for a top tier and relative small alliance like you were.