Do you wanna quit CN?

Angrator

I might quit CN because...  

469 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it, a lot of us have been around for 3+ years. We've been there through GWI and everything in between up to the Karma War.

My issue is with the lack of 'Quality' politics where treaties meant something, you always had opposing forces, and wars were actually started for diplomatic slights and the stupidity of individual nations. Now? Spying is tolerated, so is insulting other people/alliances, and aiding rogue nations is the in thing without reprecussions. In other words, Planet Bob has gone pretty liberal.

Bob has become complacent and boring.

New Sith Order at your service!

All in due time. It is inevitable, really.

But yes, there are not enough NSO's out there. There's seemingly little drive or ambition. No desire to push the envelope. We do the best we can, but in the end we're only one alliance.

It's simple... Electron Sponge wasn't suited to life as an ordinary alliance member. I have difficulty imagining him anything less than Emperor (although obviously he wasn't Emperor when Tygaland was still in command over there.) When he lost his position as Emperor, he almost quit the game before joining Vox, which was originally intended to be a small group of mates having fun and hurting NPO however they could. He was perfectly suited to Vox, for numerous different reasons, and stayed there for the entire course of its existence (although Vox nearly disbanded at one point, when he began to apply for alliances like ODN.) Once Vox's mission was completed and NPO was being destroyed, Sponge lost interest in the game. No doubt he'll return at some point.

Correction. ES was not a Vox member the entire time. He was just one of the more important members while he was there. He joined at the start up for a week or two, quit CN for a while, and came back later. I guess he was a Vox member in spirit the entire time though.

I think the reason a lot of people are getting bored right now is because they don't have two sides going at each other. For the last two years, the only reason some people played was because they were waiting for that one moment where someone would finally decide to topple the NPO. Now that it's happened, there's nothing there for them anymore. Two separate sides is a must in this game.

CN needs better advertising, that's all.

This, I can also kind of agree with. That's not the only problem, but more advertising would certainly help a little bit, but considering the only money Admin makes off of this game is from donations, you can't expect him to put that much money into it.

The exodus of late pales in comparison of the exodus after the UJW. We have only lost a few notable players recently. After the UJW, there was a good 30 - 40 notable players that left the game.

And honestly, anyone who joined after UJW isn't going to care about those players nearly as much as us oldies.

The thing is that for every old well known figure that leaves, a new one gains prominence and fills the gap. There's a lot of important or noteworthy players that have come into the game after UJW.

I was one of the people that left after the Karma war myself for a bit anyway, I came back but I remember feeling like the game was done, where everything known had changed into a new world that was more or so going to repeat the same story again. That could be the reason so many left, the game was won (or lost for some) and this was as close we have come to a reset, politically anyway.

I do not want to quit CN, and I find there is a distinct lack of a poll option to reflect this. Quite simply, if someone wants to quit CN, they are free to do so, and I am not sure why this thread is needed to reflect the opinions of people who presumably won't be here any longer.

It's simple... Electron Sponge wasn't suited to life as an ordinary alliance member. I have difficulty imagining him anything less than Emperor (although obviously he wasn't Emperor when Tygaland was still in command over there.) When he lost his position as Emperor, he almost quit the game before joining Vox, which was originally intended to be a small group of mates having fun and hurting NPO however they could. He was perfectly suited to Vox, for numerous different reasons, and stayed there for the entire course of its existence (although Vox nearly disbanded at one point, when he began to apply for alliances like ODN.) Once Vox's mission was completed and NPO was being destroyed, Sponge lost interest in the game. No doubt he'll return at some point.

When did we almost disband? I do not remember anything of this sort throughout my time in Vox.

I think it's tragic that an alliance that spent so long attempting to create a better future for Cyber Nations is now unable to live in it.

Not unable, just uninterested. There are many former Vox members that are continuing to play this game actively.

Edited by Moridin

Not sure why i'm still here, its habit forming.

My reason for existence was NPO, then i grew to hate them. Since, nowhere feels like home.

Without a reason d'etre i'm not sure why i'm here, not even buying tech or infra just watching the chest go up. I don't know, this game is very ... compelling. We will see what happens and what i do.

If more people played roles, it would definitely help. More proactive - or some would say evil - alliances could form and maybe bind together. As it stands, we're ruled by a vast network of people who play CN in the most traditional sense: never start an aggressive war (their allies would abandon them) and, if you do, quickly backdown as pressure mounts instead of assuming it. Then do some public posturing about how peace prevailed for the good of everyone while just about everyone is actually longing for war. <_<

NPO assumed the tyrant role to a large extent; it permitted a lot of us to assume an opposite role. A basic scenario but, at least, it got people hooked on something. Now, it's mostly an emptyland where everyone is simply going for its own interests, in the most honorable way possible.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

If more people played roles, it would definitely help. More proactive - or some would say evil - alliances could form and maybe bind together. As it stands, we're ruled by a vast network of people who play CN in the most traditional sense: never start an aggressive war (their allies would abandon them) and, if you do, quickly backdown as pressure mounts instead of assuming it. Then do some public posturing about how peace prevailed for the good of everyone while just about everyone is actually longing for war. <_<

I'm not sure i see what's wrong with that. If nothing else it is realistic in the sense of being a contemporary nation and political simulation.

When did we almost disband? I do not remember anything of this sort throughout my time in Vox.

I don't either.

Not unable, just uninterested. There are many former Vox members that are continuing to play this game actively.

Indeed. We fought to open the opportunity for a better world and we succeeded. No skin off my nose if you all ignore the lessons of the past 18 months and continue to tie your shoe laces to each other.

I think there should be more smaller wars, like only one week long. that way the losers arent pummeled and half want to quit, but it makes things more exciting. I guess theres always TE edition if ppl want war but you always have to set up youre nation from scratch which is a pain, but only ~10% of CN plays in TE

I think there should be more smaller wars, like only one week long. that way the losers arent pummeled and half want to quit, but it makes things more exciting. I guess theres always TE edition if ppl want war but you always have to set up youre nation from scratch which is a pain, but only ~10% of CN plays in TE

1 week wars are also really destructive if they are one-sided enough. A well fighting WRC-equiped squad of three nations can do 6000 infra damage in one round of wars.

Errr, the MADP web is still there and still as convoluted, its just that now we aren't part of it anymore.

Don't you realise that makes all the difference in the world? Pacifica surrounded itself with MADP allies to prevent itself from getting rolled. This actually features in Vladimir's articles if you read them sometime. Once Pacifica was no longer the centre of everything, the MADP web fell apart to form the multi-polar world we know today. There are four distinct blocs- SuperFriends, Citadel, Frostbite and CnG, and modern politics involve the interactions between them.

Correction. ES was not a Vox member the entire time. He was just one of the more important members while he was there. He joined at the start up for a week or two, quit CN for a while, and came back later. I guess he was a Vox member in spirit the entire time though.

Thanks for making that clear. I was under the impression after he joined, he didn't leave.

Shortly before the Senate and Vox Dei positions were created and the full implications of fighting for months were beginning to hit.

Edited by The Lonely Man

Don't you realise that makes all the difference in the world? Pacifica surrounded itself with MADP allies to prevent itself from getting rolled. This actually features in Vladimir's articles if you read them sometime. Once Pacifica was no longer the centre of everything, the MADP web fell apart to form the multi-polar world we know today. There are four distinct blocs- SuperFriends, Citadel, Frostbite and CnG, and modern politics involve the interactions between them.

I don't know... I'm pretty sure I agree with Litha that the structural and cultural premises of the world drags us all in circles regardless of the alliance(s) at the top of the pile -- that the MADP web is eternal and that multipolarity in any real sense is an illusion (we had multiple competing blocs prior to the Karma war as well -- hence the war).