So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

Okay, this is one giant train wreck. As government in a small alliance, I seriously hope this was some kinda mistake by Athens. However, since I know it wasn't, I'm quite disappointed right now. I thought one of the alliances which helped lead Karma and helped take down the Hegemony would know better than this. This sickens me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

athensraiders.png

I've seen that before..... but where?

Uh... wow?

Yeah, when I saw that sig I immediately thought of the Pacifican ones where the NPO jackboot is crushing the little man, and the one we're they're squeezing the snake and it says something like "if you crave war, why do you SQUEAL when we bring it to you?" Interesting.

Wait, you call a 39 man alliance nothing? While your own has 10 people?

I would enjoy a chance to engage the Sith in a tech raid, but recall we do have a protectorate :P

Otherwise you're giving quiet consent to attacking solely for lack of consequence.

I've argued against it in the past, but it is ultimately futile. Tech raiding in itself needs to be actively opposed by enough of the community to make a difference. I don't necessarily agree with it as a form of conduct, but I consent to it as the standard rules of engagement in the current world. If you want to work to ban tech raiding, and we can get several major alliances on board, I'll gladly help. I've been bored to tears and can hardly work up the willpower to care about anything going on right now, combined with the fact I've been very preoccupied lately (OOC: Lots of papers due around this time) I can't do it myself.

Both are offensive actions.

Both hurt other nations.

Both have nothing to do with morality.

So I take it from your post that you acknowledge the existance of techrading and tolerate it.

See how it conflicts with each other?

Cool beans.

Empty statements always make up for amusement, thank you very much. This thread is a prime example of it. :P

Yes, they are both all those things (though I don't think I ever said they weren't, nor did I ever say they had anything to do with morality), and yes I do acknowledge the existence of tech raiding, and it is in people's ability to tech raid. However I don't tolerate it, and try to stop it when I can. Nobody in my alliance as of yet has tech-raided, and I am pleased by that and will try to keep it that way.

Also, you say that mine is an empty statement, then you obviously don't know me, however, and I could be wrong as I don't know you, your's are just as empty as you considered mine to be, so thank you for your statements and many lulz because it was fun.

Okay, this is one giant train wreck. As government in a small alliance, I seriously hope this was some kinda mistake by Athens. However, since I know it wasn't, I'm quite disappointed right now. I thought one of the alliances which helped lead Karma and helped take down the Hegemony would know better than this. This sickens me.

Hehe, so naive. Things weren't so bad under NPO, it just got old seeing them on top. All these efforts by NSO, Stickmen, Athens, etc, this is your revolution. Hope you're happy. :)

Edited by Canik

Time will tell...

:lol1: epic, simply epic you're forgetting the & Co part.

I still don't get it. The only possible part of their allies that can possibly fit is Citadel or NpO, and they haven't been very aggressive in their aggressive wars.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

Now that it has emerged that Knights of Ni! are protected, even if it's seemingly mentioned nowhere other than, I presume, in the announcement thread on these boards, circumstances are a bit different. I'm confident Athens will do the right thing here (which would include working towards a peaceful, amicable resolution to this clusterfunk of a situation, in cooperation with both M*A*S*H and Ni!). MK will do what is needed to assist here, if our assistance is so desired.

:lol1: epic, simply epic you're forgetting the & Co part.

If you're somehow trying to spin the Karma war into being caused by CnG you'll accomplish nothing other than make a fool out of yourself.

I thought this was dead and buried, but it seems revisionism is not a thing of the past.

Hehe, so naive. Things weren't so bad under NPO, it just got old seeing them on top. All these efforts by NSO, Stickmen, Athens, etc, this is your revolution. Hope you're happy. :)

Actually things were pretty bad under the NPO. This doesn't really relate to that situation or the Karma war at all. Even if the NPO was still on top, this event still would have happened. NPO never stepped in to defend the innocent on an alliance wide scale.

Edited by AirMe

If you're somehow trying to spin the Karma war into being caused by CnG you'll accomplish nothing other than make a fool out of yourself.

I thought this was dead and buried, but it seems revisionism is not a thing of the past.

whos talking about the Karma war?

Yes, they are both all those things (though I don't think I ever said they weren't, nor did I ever say they had anything to do with morality), and yes I do acknowledge the existence of tech raiding, and it is in people's ability to tech raid. However I don't tolerate it, and try to stop it when I can. Nobody in my alliance as of yet has tech-raided, and I am pleased by that and will try to keep it that way.

Most people here are arguing from a moralist perspective ("might makes right"), so I probably just put you with them. :P

Since you don't tolerate techraiding, I can understand your position. However, the main point I made still is:

If you really think it is any of your business, then help KofN.

Also, you say that mine is an empty statement, then you obviously don't know me, however, and I could be wrong as I don't know you, your's are just as empty as you considered mine to be, so thank you for your statements and many lulz because it was fun.

Actually, I stated I don't think I am involved, as you can read here.

As such, I don't believe I'm the one making empty statements, since I'm the one saying I will not do anything at all whereas (most of) you talk but don't act. :P

Edited by Tromp

Revisionism will never be a thing of the past, as long as there is a past to revise.

Actually things were pretty bad under the NPO. This doesn't really relate to that situation or the Karma war at all. Even if the NPO was still on top, this event still would have happened. NPO never stepped in to defend the innocent on an alliance wide scale.

No, but now some of the Karma alliances are challenging the status quo. Something people were scared to do with NPO around, even if NPO had nothing to do with these general rules the community accepts. Such as, a 40 man alliance is big enough to be recognized by most of us. So it's not okay to attack them just for tech. Thing is, there was nothing wrong with the status quo.

Edited by Canik