Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

AlmightyGrub

So a script-kiddie got banned from the IRC server for a mindless attempt at a channel takeover. And now Polaris is killing him off in-game. Sounds justified to me.

The intelligent thing to do would have been to infect Grub's compu- er... maybe I won't go there. I'm sure some people might actually try that.

Go Polaris. Bring him to ZI. Then let him go, because that's the right thing to do. Maybe keep him at ZI for a month so he has to sell off land and improvements and stuff to pay bills. :)

So kinda like what happaned to banned member's computer?

Nah, thats never justified.

Still it is epic justice that this person is getting his nation curb stomped.

the only tragedy is there is not enough tech to be shared by all from the plunders of war :P

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hostmask used in the attempted bruteforce of our channels was the same as his usual one and it was banned from Coldfront shortly after. The only chance that is wasn't Ursarkar is if someone else went on his internet connection, but Ursarkar has already confirmed in this thread that he was on IRC at the time of his ban.

Darn IP address gives you away every time. ;)

Immediately (minutes) after he was banned from Coldfront he posted two topics, one on the Polar and one on the Pacifican boards asking for an explanation about why he was banned from IRC because he had no idea and for "some reason" thought our two alliances might. To me that sounds like returning to the scene of the crime. The two alliances he asked about the IRC ban immediately after it occurred and before it was explained to him in this thread just happened to be the two alliances whose IRC channels he tried to hack? It sounds a little suspicious that he knew exactly where to go...

If I'm his attorney at this point, I'm suggesting a plea bargain, though I suspect the prosecutor will laugh me out of the conference room...

Add that to the fact that (1) his hostmask matched, (2) I've confirmed that coldfront recorded many attempts to enter our private channel in the span of a few seconds from him, and (3) that this "would be" the fourth time Ursarkar has tried to peek at our IRC passwords for no rational reason and by unwelcome means, and I don't see a lot of doubt remaining. Nonetheless, healthy skepticism is a good thing and I'm happy to entertain theories that will demonstrate his innocence.

Ok, Matlock, now you are piling on. :v:

Hang 'em high.

Had you admitted your guilt Ursy, you have would gone a very small way to redeeming yourself. No, admission of guilt won't change the current situation, but it would have showed you could admit it when you're at fault. Instead, you come up with this BS about a rogue script. Ursy, you are a spineless coward who can never take responsibility for his actions. Please, when you re-roll, just leave Polar alone, take your cancerous influence elsewhere or just leave CN for good.

The IRC companion for some reason goes into a tab of it's own when you open up IRC and when it started screwing up on me when I was in Polaris, I decided to not use it and must've forgotten to remove all the channels, turns out I did.

I can't even find an Admin to contact, so it's seeming pretty frivolous right now.

What is undeniable is someone logged in under your username and it's safe to assume under your ip and repeatedly tried to identify through chanserv to get level 500 access in NpO's channel. You're claiming this happened because your script somehow went haywire.

In order to make your side believable we need two things. First the script(s) you're using along with your version of mirc. Please post a link to a downloadable version of it or even upload the script so it can be looked at.

Second a detailed explantion of how you think your mirc decided to try to spam chanserv in order to try to get founders.

With this your version of events might even be repeatable and thus perhaps believable.

I will note with this said even if your story is true you are still not blameless since it is your responsibility to police your own scripts and make sure they aren't going to cause trouble. And there are quite a few scripts out there that certainly will. Which is why I tend to doubt coldfront will give you much sympathy regardless.

Edited by Taget

Think about this rationally. What on earth does Ursarkar stand to gain by hacking the founder password of #polaris? And furthermore, isn't it an incredibly stupid move to make given that he *knows* they have a zero tolerance policy? And it's not like #polaris was the only channel this happened to. I think there's more to the story, and I'd advise everyone to wait before getting their panties in a twist.

Fran the huge hole in his story is that he hadn't used the remote in 9 months and the remote was also doing it to NPO channels not just NpO channels. So it couldn't be a script like he said it was. A script wouldn't try to join or brute force it's way into a channel unless you made a script do that.

Fran the huge hole in his story is that he hadn't used the remote in 9 months and the remote was also doing it to NPO channels not just NpO channels. So it couldn't be a script like he said it was. A script wouldn't try to join or brute force it's way into a channel unless you made a script do that.
This. I have used IRC Companion, and it does nothing of the sort.

Glad at least one Order gets to have fun with this one :P

Immediately (minutes) after he was banned from Coldfront he posted two topics, one on the Polar and one on the Pacifican boards asking for an explanation about why he was banned from IRC because he had no idea and for "some reason" thought our two alliances might. To me that sounds like returning to the scene of the crime. The two alliances he asked about the IRC ban immediately after it occurred and before it was explained to him in this thread just happened to be the two alliances whose IRC channels he tried to hack? It sounds a little suspicious that he knew exactly where to go...

Maybe that's because I was banned mysteriously on both forums. :rolleyes:

Hm, I go away for a day, and the topic is still going. I thought Ursarker wasn't posting anymore? :S

I only started posting again when the accusations of me trying to obtain a founder password came up.

I was tired of defending myself on the channel issue, so I decided to defend myself on something of a more serious nature.

Naturally, no one cares.

Also, it's lovely that people are still making things up on IRC.

Polonius :rolleyes:

Edited by Ursarkar E Creed

I only started posting again when the accusations of me trying to obtain a founder password came up.

I was tired of defending myself on the channel issue, so I decided to defend myself on something of a more serious nature.

Naturally, no one cares.

Also, it's lovely that people are still making things up on IRC.

Polonius :rolleyes:

Oh Ursarkar..... chill out....

This. I have used IRC Companion, and it does nothing of the sort.

Glad at least one Order gets to have fun with this one :P

It's ok we'll make sure to do damage for you guys as well. ;)

Oh I forgot one thing: Scripts much like calculators only do what they're programmed and told to do. I'm not really a computer-wiz, but anyone with some remote knowledge of technology knows that unless something is being manipulated that computers of any sort will only do what they're told by the user. The same goes for software for software.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

Justice from an Alliance that has a full right to do this.

Your days of lying will probably continue, but at least your only credibility is with any other immature kids rather than as it was, with people I actually care about. Congratulations for messing up yet again but being so rubbish that you get caught, yet again.

I hope you enjoy wasting your time, rerolling and trying this again. Because you can't change, you'll always lie and steal and cheat. The great thing is, that despite whatever drama you later cause, in the grand scheme of things, we all know you're not what you ever claim to be and eventually you will go away because eventually you won't find people to buy your little fantasy speak anymore.

Reward comes through hard work. You'll never understand that.

Think about this rationally. What on earth does Ursarkar stand to gain by hacking the founder password of #polaris? And furthermore, isn't it an incredibly stupid move to make given that he *knows* they have a zero tolerance policy? And it's not like #polaris was the only channel this happened to. I think there's more to the story, and I'd advise everyone to wait before getting their panties in a twist.

No, Grub made this known to him when UEC posted an apology in the World Affairs forum.

He stands to gain only these repercussions we see from Polaris and the IRC Admins, maybe he was just feeling malicious? I don't claim to know anything about him, but people do tend to think "I'm going to do something nasty to their IRC/Forums/Coffee/whatever" and follow through. I don't know why he'd do it, but there's enough evidence posted to show that he has done it. UEC has only posted claims of a haywire script which spams stuff.

So what does your script spam exactly?

Says the person who spits the dummy because they didn't make it back on Council or even get mentioned. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I am still in Pacifica providing what I can. I've stood, and not been elected for Council and guess what, stayed in Pacifica and tried other ideas. That's work. Who is the spy who abused Pacifica, Polar and their "Comrades" and still maintains a daily litany of lies? You, a traitor. Don't compare yourself to those in Pacifca who have stuck through.

Edited by Sarai

So what does your script spam exactly?

Well I've now been asked via PM for the /bslap script which is in no way spamming, neither is the companion.

The /bslap script simply give a random BOFH (sp) reason to slap the other person via the code /bslap nick.

I then modified it to bslap whoever slapped me. I don't know why the code was asked for, but some people it's buggy, but I don't.

It's obvious the companion doesn't have the power to do these things I'm told and neither does my slap script.

So I still fail to see how I've done anything wrong, because those are the only scripts I had going at the time, but of course, it's obvious I'm lying and blah blah blah.

EDIT: I am still in Pacifica providing what I can. I've stood, and not been elected for Council and guess what, stayed in Pacifica and tried other ideas. That's work. Who is the spy who abused Pacifica, Polar and their "Comrades" and still maintains a daily litany of lies? You, a traitor. Don't compare yourself to those in Pacifca who have stuck through.

I didn't abuse anyone, I'm not lying and I'm far from a traitor, it seems I'm just the latest craze everyone likes to get a piece of. It doesn't bother me anymore because once I'm gone you'll all find someone else or some other alliance to have a go at.

Edited by Ursarkar E Creed

Honestly, the only thing that sounds fishy to me about all this is that the IRC Cop in question (werewolf) knew Ursarkar was doing this. Perhaps it causes a server overload when you try to brute force a channel, I dunno.

B)

Edited by Mr Damsky

Maybe that's because I was banned mysteriously on both forums. :rolleyes:

There is nothing mysterious in your ban from the NPO forums. I don't speak for the Polars, but I suspect that they, like us, ban people who attempt to hack into any part of our communication systems.

So, please, let me clear up that "mystery" for you.