SLCB Harboring Rogues?

Jorost

How is see this is:

Yes SLCB should have either ejected or paid, but they didn't.

Invicta's threats proved to be hollow, and they are now sad that they didn't get reps.

But I still think private channels FTW in this case. Now you have just brought something minor that I would think could be worked out into the open for all the trolls of the OWF.

So congrats.

This post is as epic as it is original.

Thanks for your contribution.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is see this is:

Yes SLCB should have either ejected or paid, but they didn't.

We paid, we just weren't willing to be acting as Invictas growth program in the process.

Edited by spearo

Dont forget UPN recently left one of those purple blocs...so thats adding to the fractures im sure

Also, @Jack, you know why. they wanted to further paint Stickmen/SLCB as harboring a rogue so when they declared war the world would be all "Oh they deserve it!"

That to, didn't another alliance leave it to recently?

Read the first three pages, skipped to the last. All I know is: doctoring logs is a bad practice (especially when the logs have pretty much the same tone), we aren't paying reps for someone's attack when they weren't fully aware of what they're doing, and Invicta's hollow posturing is starting to get old. Do something about us, ignore us, or simply stop pursuing arguments because of "our" aggression.

<Waltar|Invicta> Was just talking with Matt

<Waltar|Invicta> Wanted to check in on the Kurt issue from last night.

<ogodai> Cool!

<ogodai> Excellent. He offered peace.

<Waltar|Invicta> Yeah, I see.

<Waltar|Invicta> Except one of our guys must not have been on to accept it.

<Waltar|Invicta> We've come to a reps number too.

<ogodai> Hooray

<Waltar|Invicta> Yep. As I mentioned to Matt, we're looking for 3m for each nation at Invicta that he attacked.

<ogodai> That's cool

<Waltar|Invicta> Figure that's fair.

<ogodai> It certainly SOUNDS fair

<Waltar|Invicta> I do hope so.

<ogodai> Will get back to you shortly

<Waltar|Invicta> Thanks.

<ogodai> We've come to a consensus that given the tiny amount of damage dealt by Kurt, reps aren't really necessary and probably a waste of aid.

<Waltar|Invicta> I'm sorry, but I disagree. Reps are required. Your member attacked, your member needs to pay for that.

<Waltar|Invicta> 3m is rather on the small side, actually. My gov wanted me to ask for more, but I'm trying to be polite.

<ogodai> Well, very sorry.

While I dislike the doctoring of logs and will wait for a Invicta response before I cast judgement I have to say that firstly:

If you attack someone regardless of damage it's good practice to pay reps for the inconvenience caused. Secondly all parties trying desperately to fabricate a CB on purple should grow a pair in stop pissing about. It doesn't matter what CB you pull out your $@! everyone knows it boils down to the fact you just don't like them.

The supposed undoctored logs actually make you look even worse so what are you crying about?

What a reformed Bob we live in. :awesome:

Edited by MCRABT

While I dislike the doctoring of logs and will wait for a Invicta response before I cast judgement I have to say that firstly:

If you attack someone regardless of damage it's good practice to pay reps for the inconvenience caused. Secondly all parties trying desperately to fabricate a CB on purple should grow a pair in stop pissing about. It doesn't matter what CB you pull out your $@! everyone knows it boils down to the fact you just don't like them.

The supposed undoctored logs actually make you look even worse so what are you crying about?

What a reformed Bob we live in. :awesome:

The undoctored logs were actually posted by Invicta here.

I am not sure exactly what difference the missing lines in the OP are supposed to make.

The full logs that Timtacious posted show ogodai initially agreeing that 3M per nation sounds reasonable, and then returning later and saying that no reps will be paid. This is all that was claimed in the OP.

I am not sure exactly what difference the missing lines in the OP are supposed to make.

The full logs that Timtacious posted show ogodai initially agreeing that 3M per nation sounds reasonable, and then returning later and saying that no reps will be paid. This is all that was claimed in the OP.

1 sec while we doctor the logs to make Stickmen look hostile in negotiations and such.

Poor show Invicta. Doctoring logs in order to make SLCB look worse shows the true reasons why you posted this thread and I am disappointed.

I don't really see how it makes SLCB look that much worse, both of them pretty much read the same. Invicta and SLCB were both pretty non-aggressive in the logs, and SLCB said no to aid.

This confuses me on why they were doctored in the first place.

Edited by Sulmar

Which is why rearranging lines and adding entirely new ones to the logs posted was an incredibly stupid idea. Just because you could have made your point without manufacturing logs doesn't change the fact that you did, in fact, post doctored logs as if they were accurate originals.

No the OP had him saying no reps would be paid before you guys even made an offer, which would paint SLCB in a worse light than the facts that you made an offer they discussed it and felt that your offer was too much and informed you of that after discussing it.

Your OP also makes it seem like Ogadi is being a sarcastic jerk when he says that your offer sounded fair while the unedited logs show that it was not the case.

I know you are smarter than to think there is no substantial difference.

and Invicta's hollow posturing is starting to get old. Do something about us, ignore us, or simply stop pursuing arguments because of "our" aggression.

Do something about us, ignore us, or simply stop pursuing arguments because of "our" hollow posturing.

You know, someone might very well suggest that such a scenario would be an excellent way to goad an alliance into starting a war. Yes, indeed. Someone might very well suggest that. But of course I would never say such a thing. smile.gif Besides, who would be dumb enough to fall for such a hamfisted ploy?

Misrepresentation of facts is a pet peeve :x

The doctoring of the logs is a very odd move when you think about it, as you clearly have no intention of going to war over this (albeit reasonable to assume that you could) so the entire point of the OP seems to be an attempt to paint Stickmen in a bad light by claiming their actions were a poor ploy to goad you into war that you were to smart to fall for. So, in turn, you edit logs as a poor ploy to get the world to see Stickmen in a bad light, and expect that people are stupid enough to fall for it?

You more or less did the same underlying thing you are accusing them of :huh:

Edited by Il Impero Romano

When you are in the same bloc shouldn't you share the same opinions, visions or at least the same standards? If you don't share any of them why are you in the same bloc then?

Which implies that any alliance participating in a bloc loses their sovereignty, by responding only in one way, the way it's allies would?

I believe that's complete bull sir.

I don't really see how it makes SLCB look that much worse, both of them pretty much read the same. Invicta and SLCB were both pretty non-aggressive in the logs, and SLCB said no to aid.

This confuses me on why they were doctored in the first place.

Exactly. The undoctored (or even edited for relevance) logs would have made the point you were trying to make just as well. (As discussed on pp. 1-20, that was a mistake anyway, but that's not what I'm trying to discuss now.) So why throw away your credibility by faking logs?

Srqt pretty much nailed it. But another fact is that ogodai discussed it with the gov, instead of flat-out denying reps.

It shows that SLCB actually considered paying reps but courteously informed you that the number you provided was too high.

Where as, in your doctored logs, I fully got the impression they just weren't going to pay reps no matter what you offered, as it seemed they had made up their mind before the number was given. The logs were doctored in a very particular way to show SLCB in a poor light, very dishonest.