Crimson Guard Edict #9: Notice of Disbandment

Well they still made the agreement and allowed it to be announced. As well as forcing IS to a 60 NAP and requesting reps instead of taking white peace.

None of these things should have happened if disbandment was imminent. White peace is basically what they got since they are declining any further reps.

I really don't think IS will mind. :lol1: And just because disbandment is imminent doesn't mean they were going to disband, only that it was on the table. As Fran has said before, they were looking to merge before IS hit them, which is why they had no protector. Seeing as how they've disbanded, it's safe to say the merger fell through. Regardless, it could have gone either way, and CG could very well be standing here today had things gone differently. Just because disbandment was an option didn't mean it was a certainty.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they still made the agreement and allowed it to be announced. As well as forcing IS to a 60 NAP and requesting reps instead of taking white peace.

None of these things should have happened if disbandment was imminent. White peace is basically what they got since they are declining any further reps.

Seen their aid slots lately? ;)

Didn't IS already put in around 40 MIL?

No...I keep expecting Paul Newman or Robert Redford to pop up in this thread some where....

EDIT: looks like someone else is catching on

Edited by ChairmanHal

Ah, but CG recognized a state of war which escalated it from a tech raid to a war, so IS actually won both.

Actually it was a war as soon as IS broke their raiding laws.

I'm disappointed that after all that drama, you guys will just disband.

Which brings up a point...

Were the reparations received more than the actual losses taken by CG? If so, by how much?

It is my understanding that the reps were considerably lower than the damages done. I am not stats/econ guy, so I can't confirm that myself. There were a decent amount of nukes fired even in the initial assault, so I could see an easy 100 million done to CG. Considering the amount of reps that IS actually paid before this disbandment, I think IS made out pretty well.

OOC: I actually laughed out loud at this. That usually doesn't happen when I am reading these here forums...

IC: Random, Ruler of Amber, laughed out loud at this. It's just so absurd. I mean, basically you did everything wrong. At no point in this alliance's history did it do anything that wasn't foolish, ignorant, and unplanned. And you took advantage of others mercy and helpfulness to even make it as long as you did.

On the plus side, you made a lot of us right by disbanding so quick. I wonder how many pools are divvying out cash right now. Hopefully you've learned a few humbling lessons about alliance leadership and you'll do the sensible thing and join a non-sucky alliance and learn the ropes there. I wont hold my breath though.

I definitely hope you don't hold it for your own sake...she was in MCXA for over a year at their peak back under us (go ahead and hold your opinions of our morals, but you can't argue the stats MCXA had under us) and even after that everything you said in the first IC part of your post applies completely.

Fran, I have 3 things to say to you:

1) TSO continues to grow, has yet to be attacked, we don't put new threads on the big boards every day just to keep our name high up on everyone's radars without any treaties, and we're very selective when it comes to those that seek to join us. Keep this in mind anytime you think back to CG and all the times you made a snide comment about TSO's methods whenever one of us wished you luck in reaching generic milestones of alliance growth.

2)you forgot Banned Member.

3) Curse you for giving me and Random something to agree on. YOU WILL RUE THE DAY!

Good luck where ever you go from here. I mean that with all sincerity.

Wow, I am shocked. NPO has taken in a known admitted member of Vox, who would rail against the evil NPO back in her days of MCXA, and then joins them. Brilliant political move. Keep them down from the inside by becoming one of them. This proves Karma isn't merciful at all.

I was half expecting to see Crimson Guard Edict #10: Notice about the leadership going to the bathroom followed by

Crimson Guard Edict #11: Notice of Intent to make Attention Whoring a daily occurance.

You get an 8 for wit, good sir, but a 0 for truth and class. Fran's reasons for joining the NPO are actually quite legitimate, and I say that as former Vox myself. Also, call us attention whores if you will, but CG's Edicts were all relevant and necessary, and provided a great deal of entertainment to a community absolutely starved for it. Don't you be complainin'!

They were more relevant than the stuff I've seen a lot of alliances put out here on these forums.

You haven't paid much attention, have you? Hell, even some of RAD's more attention whorish topics had substance better than CG's most worthy topics.

So lets see if this is a good recap.

1. DoE

2. Pools are made on disbandment date

3. Random edicts that noone cares about+RV treaty

4. Other random edicts

5. IS "tech raids"

6. You recognize a state of war(dont blame you here)

7. Get everyone on your side to stop IS---------around here if not earlier disbandment was planned

8. Sign 60 day NAP+84 million in reps i believe

9. Protectorate with 1 man AA

9. Gloat about how you fended off IS by yourself

10. Kill your public image

11. ???

12. Disbandment

It is my understanding that the reps were considerably lower than the damages done. I am not stats/econ guy, so I can't confirm that myself. There were a decent amount of nukes fired even in the initial assault, so I could see an easy 100 million done to CG. Considering the amount of reps that IS actually paid before this disbandment, I think IS made out pretty well.

My obvious concern was that if they were going to bust up the alliance anyway, they may have seen a brief war as a way to make some quick cash before calling it a day. IS wasn't the first alliance to have members attack CB, but in that scenario CB would counter attack and then would have demanded substantial reparations for the entire alliance from IS while CB leadership went to the forums to generate public sympathy and increase the pressure for IS to pay those reparations.

It would be a slick con if the reparations collected were high enough and the damage taken was low enough--everyone, or at least the CB leadership walks away with a nice amount of tech and/or cash in their pocket as they head off to their new alliance. From what you are saying however, damages were at least as high as the reparations. That would hardly make the con worth it.

You can be the next Jack Diorno with satire like that.

Our Edicts focused on important issues which CG was dealing with. Statement's of Clarification regarding Banned Member, and the ones that came out of the war, were all undoubtedley necessary. I realize that the Edicts featured for days on end, but it's not our fault they were so widely read and adressed. Many alliances with less cause make announcements just as frequently, they just aren't as popular. I'm sorry, but I had to say it.

Now that you've disbanded, who were you going to merge with and why didn't it happen?

I'm curious as I was quite annoyed by the whole "We'll grow soon, we're going to merge *hint hint* smug.gif"

Seeing no reason to hide it, I will clarify that the merger discussions involved Monolith and The Coalition. They, and the Guard, discussed something of a three-alliance merge. However, to my understanding, the talks were incredibly sluggish and fruitless. I am not aware of the reasons as to why they were as such.

If you would question my credentials in this matter, I can only say that I and Francesca are very solid friends.

Seeing no reason to hide it, I will clarify that the merger discussions involved Monolith and The Coalition. They, and the Guard, discussed something of a three-alliance merge. However, to my understanding, the talks were incredibly sluggish and fruitless. I am not aware of the reasons as to why they were as such.

If you would question my credentials in this matter, I can only say that I and Francesca are very solid friends.

I can confirm this.

The weeks of yes, sluggish and fruitless merge talks, coupled with the endless drama that CG seemed to attract, pretty much destroyed our will. That is the reason for disbandment.