Crimson Guard Edict #9: Notice of Disbandment

What more could you possibly expect from an alliance who was too incompetent to sign treaties to prevent all that drama in the first place? I mean, come on.

That's bull, that's not the reason they didn't sign treaties. They wanted to sign with actual allies/friend and not with just anyone (like most alliances do to get political recognition). These people were doing FA right as far as treaties go. I tip my hat in Kent's direction.

Sorry people/alliances of planet Bob, but you have been doing Foreign Affairs alllllll wrong for far to long. You lazy approach to it has caused lack of legit allies, lack of loyalty and lack of fun.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bull, that's not the reason they didn't sign treaties. They wanted to sign with actual allies/friend and not with just anyone (like most alliances do to get political recognition). These people were doing FA right as far as treaties go. I tip my hat in Kent's direction.

Sorry people/alliances of planet Bob, but you have been doing Foreign Affairs alllllll wrong for far to long. You lazy approach to it has caused lack of legit allies, lack of loyalty and lack of fun.

No, it isn't bull. Surely they had friends who would have protected that alliance. The fact that they didn't have a protector or any treaties after being in existence for quite a while shows that CG's leadership either didn't have any friends or were too lazy to go make some before announcing themselves to the world and then taunting others. Considering the captains of this failboat were all experienced Politicians in this realm (or at least they've been around long enough to know how things work) there are no excuses. Attempting to justify their shortcomings is foolish.

I welcome their departure from the world stage, they only stumbled around aimlessly causing unnecessary trouble.

Edited by Emperor Marx

No, it isn't bull. Surely they had friends who would have protected that alliance. The fact that they didn't have a protector or any treaties after being in existence for quite a while shows that CG's leadership either didn't have any friends or were too lazy to go make some before announcing themselves to the world and then taunting others. Considering the captains of this failboat were all experienced Politicians in this realm (or at least they've been around long enough to know how things work) there are no excuses. Attempting to justify their shortcomings is foolish.

I welcome their departure from the world stage, they only stumbled around aimlessly causing unnecessary trouble.

This is, actually, false. The true reason was impatience...Francesca and other people in the government were tiring of waiting, and I believe that they felt that the Guard was ready to reveal itself.

Structurally, it was. Diplomatically, it was not, and Francesca received much...shall we say...scolding (for lack of a better word...she is no child) from myself, and likely others, for it in private.

It is perhaps the sole reason as to why Francesca is not quite ready to lead an alliance...at least...not as the sole ruler. I have no problem admitting that. I think it is at least fair to say, however, that she has the mental competence and the potential to do so (and so did her government), and I find it unfair that she is chastised as much as she is. She made some errors, but to her credit, none of them were fatal: the Guard survived through most of its hardships. Banned Member, baseballer, the Superheroes, Forum difficulties, IRC difficulties...

...nowhere was the Guard destroyed in all of this. I believe that that deserves some measure of respect, both to her, and those others who served under her regime.

I, for one, see the Crimson Guard as Francesca's first experiment...her first experience as a leader. It failed...but now that she is aware of the headaches and all-around difficulties associated with such, I believe that she will approach it much more wisely in the future...and she shall have my continued support and counsel. Some of you may call me naïve...so be it.

Now, for the last time, I implore you all to keep the debate surrounding Pacifica and Karma out of this thread. It is useless here.

This is, actually, false. The true reason was impatience...Francesca and other people in the government were tiring of waiting, and I believe that they felt that the Guard was ready to reveal itself.

Structurally, it was. Diplomatically, it was not, and Francesca received much...shall we say...scolding (for lack of a better word...she is no child) from myself, and likely others, for it in private.

*snip*

I don't see why this is so hard for you guys to admit it. It's not like it's a terrible thing to be incompetent so long as you can recognize it and learn from it and cease being incompetent through your experiences. But denying it so persistently leads me to believe none of you learned a damn thing.

"We weren't incompetent, we just made mistakes all over the place that were obvious no-brainers." No, you were incompetent. Deal with it. It's not a dirty word, so go ahead and say it.

It is perhaps the sole reason as to why Francesca is not quite ready to lead an alliance...at least...not as the sole ruler. I have no problem admitting that. I think it is at least fair to say, however, that she has the mental competence and the potential to do so (and so did her government), and I find it unfair that she is chastised as much as she is. She made some errors, but to her credit, none of them were fatal: the Guard survived through most of its hardships. Banned Member, baseballer, the Superheroes, Forum difficulties, IRC difficulties...

...nowhere was the Guard destroyed in all of this. I believe that that deserves some measure of respect, both to her, and those others who served under her regime.

In bold: she's no more advanced than she was when we tried her out as a deputy division commander back in MCXA. So I have to disagree and audibly chuckle at you thinking that.

As for these mistakes not being fatal: they got you into a war, and CG has disbanded despite winning the conflict. CG was doomed from day one. So many people could call that one without difficulty. Whether they wanted it to succeed or fail is moot, members of both those groups could easily see this as the inevitable outcome. She failed as chancellor, the government failed in its role.

I, for one, see the Crimson Guard as Francesca's first experiment...her first experience as a leader. It failed...but now that she is aware of the headaches and all-around difficulties associated with such, I believe that she will approach it much more wisely in the future...and she shall have my continued support and counsel. Some of you may call me naïve...so be it.

No, it's her 3rd or 4th at least. She tried climbing the ranks within several alliances, and failed at that because she spied and ticked off leadership. Then there was that *other* red alliance she was a part of that folded as well. The only difference is she was the top dog this time. She's held gov positions before and failed to impress or was forcibly removed from office.

She had our counsel once too...she repaid it by spying on us and has since called the leadership that raised an alliance from nothing to 3rd ranking sanctioned alliance in record time, and now has successfully launched another alliance all incompetent when she can't even maintain the same AA for more than a month.

yes, you are naive. This is far from her first anything in regards to knowing about those headaches. Hopefully she realizes why those of us she dislikes in TSO have always acted as we do and realizes just how foolishly she has conducted herself in regard to us. I doubt it, but she has been largely silent since this all happened so I dunno.

Edited by Vivi
Revealing OOC personal information about other players is not allowed.

You forgot

13.PROFIT

Did people miss this?

I'd say the members of CG that got attacked by IS and didn't get reps have been had.

Hell Scream's NS, 8/24: 1,779

Hell Scream's NS, 8/26: 5,979

IS reps paid to Hell Scream: $9 million

A total of $39 million out of $84 million in reps were paid to a total of 6 CG nations, including Hell Scream and Francesca.

Hmm.

Good luck in NPO.

Edit: clarity

Edited by brokenhead

Did people miss this?

I'd say the members of CG that got attacked by IS and didn't get reps have been had.

A total of $39 million out of $84 reps were paid to a total of 6 CG nations, including Hell Scream and Francesca.

Hmm.

Good luck in NPO.

Epic lol. Two things i got to say on this: 1st: He dared talking about Honor while he just proved himself to be the most honorless person i ever known , using repair money needed by your AA members for yourself while u suffered no damage from War is just EPIC FAIL. Even IS's War was more honorable than that.

2nd: NPO , good luck with such a member! I'd definitely wouldnt accept him in any AA after doing something like that , but hey , thats just me!

NPO never preached against those "bad acts", Karma did.

So NPO is all evil because they....win wars? Logic!

Must you Godwin every discussion?

With regards to CG's disbandment, I'm neither surprised nor upset.

Edited by Tygaland

Relating our final thoughts of an alliance in a public forum discussing its disbandment? Blasphemy! :rolleyes:

How dare I request courtesy!? Blasphemy! :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. I know you put this in here just to bait me. How did you know I love responding to staggering irony so? Well done, sir.

You overestimate yourself.

Epic lol. Two things i got to say on this: 1st: He dared talking about Honor while he just proved himself to be the most honorless person i ever known , using repair money needed by your AA members for yourself while u suffered no damage from War is just EPIC FAIL. Even IS's War was more honorable than that.

2nd: NPO , good luck with such a member! I'd definitely wouldnt accept him in any AA after doing something like that , but hey , thats just me!

It's called intelligence. If a small nation uses 9 mill to buy infra, it gains more NS then if a big nation does. So, if small nations buy it then the alliance gains more money.

[OOC]Have you learned game mechanics in your alliance, sir?[OOC]

Did people miss this?

A total of $39 million out of $84 million in reps were paid to a total of 6 CG nations, including Hell Scream and Francesca.

Hmm.

Good luck in NPO.

I bought more infra today, as well! I got about 23mill left that I am leaving for when round 2 karma war starts.

It's called intelligence. If a small nation uses 9 mill to buy infra, it gains more NS then if a big nation does. So, if small nations buy it then the alliance gains more money.

No , thats called being the worst Government member ever . Doing that to your AA is just low . Don't excuse urself out of it with obvious economic reasons. Everyone knows what you said but that aint a reason why YOU , someone who wasnt damaged in any way, used AA repair money instead of giving it to those who actually needed repair money.

No honor at all sir, none at all.

No , thats called being the worst Government member ever . Doing that to your AA is just low . Don't excuse urself out of it with obvious economic reasons. Everyone knows what you said but that aint a reason why YOU , someone who wasnt damaged in any way, used AA repair money instead of giving it to those who actually needed repair money.

No honor at all sir, none at all.

So what you're saying is that the money should have went to people in CG that earned 2mill in taxes a day? Your alliance needs to educated you on [ooc]game mechanics[ooc]. Big nations receive tech, and send out money, small nations receive money and send out tech, that's how you grow your alliance efficiently. Big nations never receive money, it's not efficient. Small nations never send out money, it's not efficient.

We didn't ask for the money to get payed for the damages to our big nations, we asked for it to grow our small nations.

Um... but then you disband the alliance before they gain that "money"?

So what you're saying is that the money should have went to people in CG that earned 2mill in taxes a day? Your alliance needs to educated you on [ooc]game mechanics[ooc]. Big nations receive tech, and send out money, small nations receive money and send out tech, that's how you grow your alliance efficiently. Big nations never receive money, it's not efficient. Small nations never send out money, it's not efficient.

We didn't ask for the money to get payed for the damages to our big nations, we asked for it to grow our small nations.

You sir are confusing Tech deals with repair money. Repair money is meant to be used to repair broken nations and as far as i know when you're involved into a war where CM's, BR's and nukes were used you lose more infra than tech and i've yet to hear about infra deals. But sure it could be conceivable ur bigger nations preferred tech than repair money. Well ill watch you on that one. Your next six aid slots better be used on sending tech to former CG members else you just lied.

Did people miss this?

Hmm.

Good luck in NPO.

Oh I noticed...I brought up the possibility that the whole thing was a con earlier in the thread, but then there was some consensus that they were too unintelligent to pull off the caper.

Now we're back to things that make you go hmmm... <_<

Hell Scream should be sure to share his "creative" financing techniques with NPO. If there is an alliance that could benefit from them, it's Pacifica.

You sir are confusing Tech deals with repair money. Repair money is meant to be used to repair broken nations and as far as i know when you're involved into a war where CM's, BR's and nukes were used you lose more infra than tech and i've yet to hear about infra deals. But sure it could be conceivable ur bigger nations preferred tech than repair money. Well ill watch you on that one. Your next six aid slots better be used on sending tech to former CG members else you just lied.
Moreover, if helping your alliance was your top priority, it may have been worthwhile to accept the rest of the reps coming to you.

Your lack of knowledge of this (ooc)game(ooc) is saddening. People don't pay reps in money for big nations, reps to big nations are made out of tech. We decided on just money, for it gives our alliance more NS then the tech(if sent to small nations). Sending money to our large nations was going to be a retarded move. Where did I say I am going to send anyone tech? What are you talking about? You sir need to learn how reps work. Small nations get money, big nations get tech, we just had money reps. Our alliance worked on a Alliance>Single Nation principle, the most efficient way to earn NS is for small nations to receive money and buy infra.

Sending money to big nations is a stupid move, since there were no tech reps, the reps were sent to small nations. Me being government or not has nothing to do with anything, I am a small nation.

So you're saying we should have waited on disbanding to get reps? That's the kind of person you are, not us.