Crimson Guard Edict #9: Notice of Disbandment

HS did that HS did this. I didn't have a say in who gets reps and who doesn't get reps, deSouza told me to accept 9 mill, wait 10 days and accept 9 mill more, wait until I am at 20 days of no collection, buy max infra I can and collect.

I did what I was told to. Why my name is even mentioned when it's concerning the reps, I don't know.

Because of what you've been saying (OOC: in this very thread).

So.... Based on what you've said -- I'd conclude that according to you TCB should not have given me any money when I fought a nuke rogue. Never mind that I was fighting *for* TCB at the time.

Likewise, that IS should not have sent me cash to help me rebuild from the Karma War?

When it became clear to me that I would be leaving IS, I asked to have my name kept off the rebuilding aid list. Now, I know disbanding is different, but....

*shakes head*

Lastly I wish (most of) the former Crimson Guard members luck in the future.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighting for your alliance is a duty, it's not what you choose. Reps were given to grow the alliance, not compensate for damages, growing the alliance was the most important thing for every single member. Collective benefit is the only acceptable benefit.

What was done was done in order to benefit the alliance, not individual nations. You fought for your alliance, there should be no reward for that but the reward of knowing you're fighting for the alliance(but war aid, if you require aid while fighting the actual war, or aid to get you out of bill-lock and such), that's how I think, you might not think like that, but I do. Individual nations are irrelevant for me, I view this (ooc)game as an alliance based game, not nation based game(ooc)Who is wrong? I don't know. There is no way to calculate what is morally right and wrong, everyone has different views on such issues.

I was asked to accept aid and buy infrastructure with it, I did as I was told. I'm "greedy" and "dishonorable" because of that? You do not know me, Generals. I'm wrong? How the hell am I wrong. CG was going to merge, everything was ready, but the merge talks broke down, and Francesca disbanded the alliance to prevent us from turning even more inactive, and die a more dignifying death. You just skip my facts and blabber something about something that makes no sense whatsoever and claim that I am a dishonorable greedy liar.

Fighting for your alliance is a duty, it's not what you choose. Reps were given to grow the alliance, not compensate for damages, growing the alliance was the most important thing for every single member. Collective benefit is the only acceptable benefit.

What was done was done in order to benefit the alliance, not individual nations. You fought for your alliance, there should be no reward for that but the reward of knowing you're fighting for the alliance(but war aid, if you require aid while fighting the actual war, or aid to get you out of bill-lock and such), that's how I think, you might not think like that, but I do. Individual nations are irrelevant for me, I view this (ooc)game as an alliance based game, not nation based game(ooc)Who is wrong? I don't know. There is no way to calculate what is morally right and wrong, everyone has different views on such issues.

I was asked to accept aid and buy infrastructure with it, I did as I was told. I'm "greedy" and "dishonorable" because of that? You do not know me, Generals. I'm wrong? How the hell am I wrong. CG was going to merge, everything was ready, but the merge talks broke down, and Francesca disbanded the alliance to prevent us from turning even more inactive, and die a more dignifying death. You just skip my facts and blabber something about something that makes no sense whatsoever and claim that I am a dishonorable greedy liar.

but but...(Insert comment about your following orders having something to do with your moral character)!!!!!!!

This thread is funny, I like it

/me makes comment about 0 casualties. YOu sure fought for CG alot mate :D

Fighting for your alliance is a duty, it's not what you choose. Reps were given to grow the alliance, not compensate for damages
there should be no reward for that but the reward of knowing you're fighting for the alliance

Main Entry: rep·a·ra·tion

Pronunciation: \ˌre-pə-ˈrā-shən\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English reparacion, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin reparation-, reparatio, from Latin reparare Date: 14th century

1 a : a repairing or keeping in repair b plural : repairs

2 a : the act of making amends, offering expiation, or giving satisfaction for a wrong or injury b : something done or given as amends or satisfaction

3 : the payment of damages : indemnification; specifically : compensation in money or materials payable by a defeated nation for damages to or expenditures sustained by another nation as a result of hostilities with the defeated nation —usually used in plural

The general understanding of reparations is that it is intended to "right a wrong" in order to repair damages. Reparations are not a "reward" to the alliance as a whole, and should not be viewed as a lottery ticket, or finding someone's wallet on the ground full of cash (after you've beat said person).

Edited by Gn0xious Jr

Main Entry: rep·a·ra·tion

Pronunciation: \ˌre-pə-ˈrā-shən\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English reparacion, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin reparation-, reparatio, from Latin reparare Date: 14th century

1 a : a repairing or keeping in repair b plural : repairs

2 a : the act of making amends, offering expiation, or giving satisfaction for a wrong or injury b : something done or given as amends or satisfaction

3 : the payment of damages : indemnification; specifically : compensation in money or materials payable by a defeated nation for damages to or expenditures sustained by another nation as a result of hostilities with the defeated nation —usually used in plural

The general understanding of reparations is that it is intended to "right a wrong" in order to repair damages. Reparations are not a "reward" to the alliance as a whole, and should not be viewed as a lottery ticket, or finding someone's wallet on the ground full of cash (after you've beat said person).

Thank you for showing us the dictionary.

Can you show us in those pretty definitions you so brilliantly quoted the part that says that every nation individually should be repaired instantly and where does it say that a war does not halt the general growth of an alliance and reparations (because of that) cannot be redirected in a sense to maximize it?