Crimson Guard Edict #9: Notice of Disbandment

So aiding only a select few of tiny nations that took little (if any) damage, then disbanding so that the higher nations who took the brunt get nothing, was in the best interest for the collective? Am I missing something?

"So that higher nations who took the burnt get nothing"

Disbanding or not, the higher nations were not going to receive any reps. The only people who were going to receive more money were me, and 2 others who were as small as me.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So that higher nations who took the burnt get nothing"

Disbanding or not, the higher nations were not going to receive any reps. The only people who were going to receive more money were me, and 2 others who were as small as me.

Its really impossible to discuss with you , isnt it ? It doesn't matter who gets the money , what matters is how it's used!

Its really impossible to discuss with you , isnt it ? It doesn't matter who gets the money , what matters is how it's used!

You're saying that 9 mill was supposed to be sent to people that were attacked, like deSouza, who is 60k NS. Does THAT make sense?

Ok thats enough of hypocrisy , i went looking and found a CG member with 3.3K NS and got no money whatsoever , hmm seems that for example you giving him 3mill would have balanced it out and helped NS growth as much , now didnt it? And how come Fran got 9mill as well while she has 14k NS and members with less than 5k get nothing or 3 mill aid. Yes idd , because you are just being an hypocrite . Just admit you were/are wrong.

Which would have earned the alliance less NS.

He got attacked though, the reps were to repair the damage IS had done to you, not to have prettier stats. If i was DeSouza I would of appreciated the 100 tech to build back some personal NS, since that is what is was intended for.

Seems kinda selfish IMO, poor show, poor show.

but but but, you disbanded the alliance! :wacko:

I didn't, Francesca did.

Ok thats enough of hypocrisy , i went looking and found a CG member with 3.3K NS and got no money whatsoever , hmm seems that for example you giving him 3mill would have balanced it out and helped NS growth as much , now didnt it? And how come Fran got 9mill as well while she has 14k NS and members with less than 5k get nothing or 3 mill aid. Yes idd , because you are just being an hypocrite . Just admit you were/are wrong.

Because said is not active enough to accept aid without a delay.

Hypocrite? What the hell do I have to do with reps? I had no say in reps, deSouza organized all of it, I'm just defending HIS actions. I did what I was told. I'm wrong? In what sense?

This reps weren't sent to compensate for the damages, they were sent to increase our NS.

I made an oath to re-join ODN if CG doesn't work out, and forgot about it. I was reminded earlier today, so I decided to stick to my words, I withdrew my NPO Application and joined ODN.

Actually, Hell Scream is right. And wrong. So is everyone else.

Actually I said this earlier in the thread:

Infrastructure is important in war in that it is used to determine the maximum size of your ground and naval forces. It also helps to generate income prior to combat and thus build up your warchest.

That's true whether you have 200 NS or 100,000 NS.

Of course tech doesn't solve everything. However, if the disparity in infra isn't really radical, and there isn't a major disparity in the knowledge of "Military Science on Planet Bob" between the opposing leaders (OOC: I've had the privilege of working with some the best at taking advantage of the game mechanics--people who outnumbered and outgunned could still win victories), then the nation with the superior tech almost always wins (OOC: barring the gamer's worst nightmare: "a bad dice night"). That's why having tech and not dismissing it as inconsequential is so critical.

I didn't, Francesca did.
I had no say in reps, deSouza organized all of it, I'm just defending HIS actions. I did what I was told. I'm wrong? In what sense?

Weren't you JUST talking about how an alliance is a collective? Everything is done for the betterment of said alliance? Now you're taking the "it wasn't me, it was THEM" defense against legitimate questions about your gloating about defeating IS and getting REPs.

First off,

you had help with IS, so the "credit" for this doesn't sit with CG alone.

Second,

An alliance ISis a collective membership, and the members trust the actions that their leaders take. If you are pushing the "blame" for any actions on them, you are in essence questioning their motives. If you did not agree with their motives you should speak up to them. Saying that the disbandment was Fran's doing seems pretty low to me. As does blaming DeSouza for you not supporting your fellow members. As someone who completely understands the economics of this world, I'd have thought you might have offered up some suggestions to DeSouza, you know, something like, "i don't mind receiving the 9m in AID, but would it make sense to forward 100Tech per 3m of that to our larger nations to help them rebuild? As I took no damage?"

Good luck to you, if you find another alliance...

Edit: while IS is a collective membership, i didn't intend for the IS to represent IS... ;)

Edited by Gn0xious Jr

You could of taken the 3 mil and given 100 tech to desouza, seems logical to me.

That could be done in the future, but at the time it seemed logical to use the slots in a way to develop the alliance faster.

In terms of aid I always aid active members first, because I can actually talk to them and put some sense on how to use the money.

If said 3.3k ns member was active or even requested money, he would surely have gotten it.

I find it particularly funny that people consider reparations to be some sort of CN red cross.

He got attacked though, the reps were to repair the damage IS had done to you, not to have prettier stats. If i was DeSouza I would of appreciated the 100 tech to build back some personal NS, since that is what is was intended for.

Seems kinda selfish IMO, poor show, poor show.

You aren't deSouza, deSouza was in charge of the aid and deSouza did not request tech to himself.

DeSouza happens to consider the best for the collective while making his/her decisions.

Bored or not, raid should have never happened. Francesca was well known to be mouthy and willing to make public spectacles. It's not enough note that the target is small and without allies. You have to look at the individual nations and what level of OWRP involvement they have.

Even if you decided to go for it, you should have pre-consulted with allies, perhaps even sent in a couple people in advance to see how they would react. Set it up right and you could have even made it look like CG over reacted to a simple raid and you were merely responding.

Simply put, you got the tables turned on you and lost control of the situation. Meanwhile, key members of CG walked away from the alliance with a wad of cash and screwed both you and their alliance mates.

Lesson learned I hope.

I only received 3 million in reps. I received some money from Invicta because I went to them personally and requested it (they had offered us financial support.) Everyone else who bothered to do the same thing also received money. It's called taking initiative. :rolleyes: The fact that I was sent 3 million before others is a complete fluke- I didn't write the aid scheme, nor did I really have anything to do with rep co-ordination as I detest finances- and I wish people would stop making ridiculous accusations.

I only received 3 million in reps. I received some money from Invicta because I went to them personally and requested it (they had offered us financial support.) Everyone else who bothered to do the same thing also received money. It's called taking initiative. :rolleyes: The fact that I was sent 3 million before others is a complete fluke- I didn't write the aid scheme, nor did I really have anything to do with rep co-ordination as I detest finances- and I wish people would stop making ridiculous accusations.

well i dont have anything against you . But HS is just full of hypocrisy , always about 'helping the AA NS' . Ok now i'm gonna explain the whole situation with bulletproof facts why he's a liar and should just admit it.

-It was said numerous times your disbandment was planned and into discussion for weeks , the precise date maybe not , but i doubt u suddenly thought: today is the day * BAF* (and if u did , sorry , but fail. )

-HS was in the govt .

-HS thus knew that the AA would soon be disbanded .

- By taking 9 mill for himself he thus didn't help the AA at all knowing it was going to be disbanded anyway: Helping the AA means helping ALL the members . And sure, by having some smaller nations become stronger, in time of war it will help the AA. But since it was going to be disbanded and afterwards the members would obviously chose different paths the only way to help the entire AA is to give EVERYONE its share and MAINLY the ones who suffered during the war. Because boosting HS who applied for NPO didnt help former CG members in ANY way .

So why doesn't he just admit he was wrong and is greedy . He knows it , everyone else knows it , so why not just say it ?!

EDIT: You also once stated 'why should i refuse the money' . Well after some thoughts , thats what i would have done. It's common courtesy and would have been honorably , i actually think accepting and using repair money without having anything to repair is just... Wait do i even have to say it (i think the sentence speaks for itself)? It doesnt matter wether you're small or not , repair money is supposed to help the ones who fought and lost things not to just purely boost your AA NS (and even that argument is flawed due to my above statement). Like i said it , in both AA's i've been in repair money was used to repair and nothing else.

Edited by generals3

well i dont have anything against you . But HS is just full of hypocrisy , always about 'helping the AA NS' . Ok now i'm gonna explain the whole situation with bulletproof facts why he's a liar and should just admit it.

-It was said numerous times your disbandment was planned and into discussion for weeks , the precise date maybe not , but i doubt u suddenly thought: today is the day * BAF* (and if u did , sorry , but fail. )

-HS was in the govt .

-HS thus knew that the AA would soon be disbanded .

- By taking 9 mill for himself he thus didn't help the AA at all knowing it was going to be disbanded anyway: Helping the AA means helping ALL the members . And sure, by having some smaller nations become stronger, in time of war it will help the AA. But since it was going to be disbanded and afterwards the members would obviously chose different paths the only way to help the entire AA is to give EVERYONE its share and MAINLY the ones who suffered during the war. Because boosting HS who applied for NPO didnt help former CG members in ANY way .

So why doesn't he just admit he was wrong and is greedy . He knows it , everyone else knows it , so why not just say it ?!

EDIT: You also once stated 'why should i refuse the money' . Well after some thoughts , thats what i would have done. It's common courtesy and would have been honorably , i actually think accepting and using repair money without having anything to repair is just... Wait do i even have to say it (i think the sentence speaks for itself)? It doesnt matter wether you're small or not , repair money is supposed to help the ones who fought and lost things not to just purely boost your AA NS (and even that argument is flawed due to my above statement). Like i said it , in both AA's i've been in repair money was used to repair and nothing else.

Ok, for a start although we'd been considering disbandment for certain reasons we didn't know that it was going to happen so soon. Hellscream did *not* take 9 million for himself, he wasn't involved in writing the aid scheme, for a start (that I remember. I see no reason why he would, given that he had no hand in finances.)

As for refusing the money, IS tried to attack us en masse and walk off with our tech. I wanted to teach them a lesson.

In terms of aid I always aid active members first, because I can actually talk to them and put some sense on how to use the money.

If said 3.3k ns member was active or even requested money, he would surely have gotten it.

I find it particularly funny that people consider reparations to be some sort of CN red cross.

Hey now, no aid was ever transmitted without full, enhanced security precautions and a completely disclosed biographical and character procedure. Please leave my former alliance out of this although I do understand your unintended relation of an OOC theme to an IC issue.

Edited by ModusOperandi

HS did that HS did this. I didn't have a say in who gets reps and who doesn't get reps, deSouza told me to accept 9 mill, wait 10 days and accept 9 mill more, wait until I am at 20 days of no collection, buy max infra I can and collect.

I did what I was told to. Why my name is even mentioned when it's concerning the reps, I don't know.