The Moldavi Doctrine

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need a piece of paper to say you can do this?
The Cyberverse is populated by irrelevant e-lawyers, and petty demagogues. As annoying or unnecessary as this may seem, the fact of the matter is that by publishing this doctrine publicly the NSO shores up the foundation of their intervention in any future conflict they feel compelled to participate in and hopefully have a stronger defense against accusations of "bandwagoning" from the peanut gallery.
What does NSO define as an injustice?
The injustices of "peace," "love" and "happiness" are too numerous to list in a platform for discussion such as this. Edited by Fallen_Fool

Not at all. I was merely pointing out that just because your views differ from another alliance, which they often do, does not mean you can insert yourself into a conflict without rhyme or reason. What if you don't know everything about the situation? Would you just jump into it not knowing who actually faulted who?

And here's another question. Would this doctrine exist if you weren't in Frostbite.

They do have a reason, its "because we want to".

Well...yeah, of course you could do any one of those things. That's your sovereign right as an alliance.

Correct, and to you and those like you that seem to find some pleasure in pointing out the obvious please see Article IV. The bottom line is that while it may be the sovereign right of every alliance to act in accordance with this Doctrine that doesn't mean that such actions actually take place commonly or even regularly. Justice is rarely seen in the Cyberverse these days on any real scale or through any concentrated effort in regards to foreign affairs or activities.

It's just a Admin given right. You have the same right to do so if you wish, you just choose not to.

I disagree with this doctrine. It goes against my convictions and I consider it as an unjust threat to anyone who declares an offensive war.

I think I can declare war on NSO now. Awesome.

Edited by Hyperion321

Ivan, how does this doctrine coexist with any existing MDPs or MDAPs you may have or gain in the future. Does the Moldavi Doctrine supercede those treaties? Or are they held above the doctrine?

If you can explain to me how an MDP or MADP (which as far as I know the NSO does not have) could possibly conflict with this Doctrine, I'd love to hear it.

I disagree with this doctrine. It goes against my convictions and I consider it as an unjust threat to anyone who declares an offensive war.

Go ahead. Just expect them to fight back. You have just as much of a right to declare war for being unjust as they do on you. It is the way of the Cyberverse.

Feel free.

If you can sell enough infra then you can declare upon me. My nation name is Pierconium.

If you feel this act to be unjust then prove the rightness of your convictions.

Feel free.

If you can sell enough infra then you can declare upon me. My nation name is Pierconium.

If you feel this act to be unjust then prove the rightness of your convictions.

Spartan policies and actions are not determined by whether or not you feel it is right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me with this post that you wish us to come to you before we start a war and prove ourselves to you, lest we be attacked if you disagree.

Edited by Hyperion321

Just as it is within FOK's rights and sovereignty to sit on their hands and let injustice happen, if that is what they choose.

Your readiness to exercise that right makes this announcement seem a little shallow to those of us who agree with it in spirit. I guess I'll believe it when I see it; at the moment it seems like another NSO PR stunt -- the last of which was, ironically, an aggressive perpetration of injustice.

What's wrong with aggressive war?
Were you to be amoral, then it would certainly have its uses.

I was just under the impression that certain of the "Karma" alliances didn't like just attacking people for having differing opinions.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

Correct, and to you and those like you that seem to find some pleasure in pointing out the obvious please see Article IV. The bottom line is that while it may be the sovereign right of every alliance to act in accordance with this Doctrine that doesn't mean that such actions actually take place commonly or even regularly. Justice is rarely seen in the Cyberverse these days on any real scale or through any concentrated effort in regards to foreign affairs or activities.

It seems to me that I'm not the one only pointing out the obvious. Logically, this entire Doctrine points out the obvious. It is, basically, an Optional Defense and Aggression Pact you've signed with all of Planet Bob. Given that such actions as you have outlined are always options, even if they are rarely selected, what this really does is just put into words that which all alliances could do if they felt like. I see no problem with that.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes since we wouldn't consider a tech raid sufficient manifestation to activate the Doctrine.

<Schattenmann> A raid is a war.

<Schattenmann> :colbert:

Declared wars only. ;)
To: Schattenmann From: deestroyer Date: 8/7/2009 11:23:13 PM

Subject: War Declared!

Sooooooo

Criteria met, where do we go from here?

Edited by Schattenmann

Spartan policies and actions are not determined by whether or not you feel it is right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me with this post that you wish us to come to you before we start a war and prove ourselves to you, lest we be attacked if you disagree.

Umm, no. It was a direct response to you stating that you consider it "awesome" that you can declare upon the NSO.

You really are bad at this.

Spartan policies and actions not determined by whether or not you feel it is right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me with this post that you wish us to come to you before we start a war and prove ourselves to you, lest we be attacked if you disagree.

Hyperion, I'm going to say that Ivan probably means that no piece of paper is going to prevent him from defending who he wants or attacking who he wants. If he see's what he considers injustice he'll attack. If one of his allies with or without a treaty is getting hit, he'll defend. It's a matter of doing exactly what he wants, which is absolutely allowed all of all alliances, yet is unlikely to ever happen by most for the fact that it takes [ooc] balls of steel [ooc] in that it generally nullifies the e-lawyering of treaties while still keeping their intent.