The Moldavi Doctrine

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to calculate wars, it's harder to get all the players in the places you want them. That's the simulation and political part of this planet.

But thats boring.

I think that codifying the fact we'll be doing this may possibly encourage braver, independent-minded alliances to follow suit in the future, to make the new world era more exciting with its warfare, so that way things wont be a simple, boring matter of arithmetic anymore.

That doesn't make it any more warranted.

It was actually addressing a legitimate point. No one actually had claimed you were representing all of Sparta. I just chose to state this in a hopefully more interesting way. If you took offense, then that's not really my problem. Perhaps you have should have considered the potential consequences of rambling on about your unwarranted paranoid delusions.

But thats boring.

I think that codifying the fact we'll be doing this may possibly encourage braver, independent-minded alliances to follow suit in the future, to make the new world era more exciting with its warfare, so that way things wont be a simple, boring matter of arithmetic anymore.

The arithmetic is the end game when all the players are present, it'll be there regardless of how many ODPs there are in the world. The foundation of getting to an end game with the math in your side is in setting up your side to be better and the other side weaker, that's the politics and point of this planet.

woah, for a second there I thought this announcement was going to be meaningful.

I'm not going to read through 11 pages, anything interesting said? or good points?

Not really. Hyperion put his foot in his mouth again. I weaksauce poked at Moldavi for giggles. Doitzel is sort of dancing around making people look silly. WarriorConcept is being all voice of reason since he's not 16 anymore.

Edited by Schattenmann

To be honest, yes it really was the guiding principle. No one has tried to deny that.

I didn't state that, I said they already have the sovereignty to do what they want, and that they'll just reference to this in the future now instead of saying "I don't need to justify it to you." It's just getting some lame arguments out of the way, not changing much.

They're the first ones to preempt lame arguments by doing this. So yes, that is a change :P
This is a doctrine I can get behind!
Literally? :awesome:

The arithmetic is the end game when all the players are present, it'll be there regardless of how many ODPs there are in the world. The foundation of getting to an end game with the math in your side is in setting up your side to be better and the other side weaker, that's the politics and point of this planet.

WC, I believe you're thinking of global wars where nearly all major alliances are involved somehow (even if only to be made neutral).

Most wars are not global wars. It's the brushfires that this doctrine is set to make a ton more interesting.

They're the first ones to preempt lame arguments by doing this. So yes, that is a change :P

toot.gif

WC, I believe you're thinking of global wars where nearly all major alliances are involved somehow (even if only to be made neutral).

Most wars are not global wars. It's the brushfires that this doctrine is set to make a ton more interesting.

I don't think the people will care about those brushfires even if NSO steps in, except for maybe some random arguments about "World Police" and such. Well it'll give NSO publicity which is what they want, and as I mentioned before it's a genius way of doing so.

Whereas, it is the opinion of the New Sith Order that all alliances possess naturally the right to act justly in the interests of themselves, their friends, and their allies and as such, optional defense and aggression treaties imply through their very existence that this right is guaranteed not by nature but by the treaties themselves, but recognizing that not all peoples in the Cyberverse yet realize the superfluity of optional defense and aggression treaties, we adopt this doctrine as our sovereign right.

Since the oDoA treaties create the right of the signers to do so, then this doctrine creates the right of you to do so. So it's not guaranteed by nature if you have to give it forth as a doctrine; which means you don't have the right to do this. Coolio.

Not really. Hyperion put his foot in his mouth again. I weaksauce poked at Moldavi for giggles. Doitzel is sort of dancing around making people look silly. WarriorConcept is being all voice of reason since he's not 16 anymore.

figured. Well once you turn 17 you automatically are mature right?

Seems rather unnecessary. Is this not just a redeclaration of sovereignty?

It'll be interesting to see who will officially adopt this, but besides helping some people find their sacks, I don't see this having much effect.

Edited by Vesalius

Seems rather unnecessary. Is this not just a redeclaration of sovereignty?

It'll be interesting to see who will officially adopt this, but besides helping some people find their sacks, I don't see this having much effect.

I'm fairly sure this is a joke thread...

Since the oDoA treaties create the right of the signers to do so, then this doctrine creates the right of you to do so. So it's not guaranteed by nature if you have to give it forth as a doctrine; which means you don't have the right to do this. Coolio.

We did it months ago without this doctrine in writing. Oops. You don't guarantee or create rights by writing them down, you do so by exercising and protecting them, which may or may not involve writing them down.

We did it months ago without this doctrine in writing. Oops. You don't guarantee or create rights by writing them down, you do so by exercising and protecting them, which may or may not involve writing them down.

Which makes the point of this thread either a complete PR move, or an attempt to insight violence.

Already need some more war eh?

Edited by Vesalius