Anyone want to turn the tide?

shahman

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep talking about rights. Are these rights published somewhere?

We all have the "right" to do whatever we want as long as we stay within the law and the game rules. They have the right to form small new alliances if they want. You have the right to attack them for being new and small if you want. You also have the right to be an absolute hypocrite if you want. ;)

-Bama

I find it hard to believe that the hostile attitudes shown by Polaris itt are a mere coincidence

A BEAST OF HABIT INDEED

colbert.gif

Or a beast of sarcasm. ^_^

Also, I thought of a way to estimate DoEs to expand on my earlier point. Searching the Alliance politics section for "+Declaration +Existence" and sorting by last post date ought to give a fairly unbiased estimate of the rate of new alliance formation. Although it certainly has a fair share of false positives and misses some DoEs as well, I decided to try it anyway...

DoERate.png

It seems the number of DoEs per week has doubled since last year, that or everyone has gotten better at spelling "Declaration of Existence". I still maintain that there is probably an equally large increase in the rate of disbandment.

Edited by Penguin

We've had many new (an unnecessary) alliances popping up during the summer. What to do with them? Well,I've had this idea bouncing around my head for a short while. I have now decided I want to show my idea to the general CN community.

DoW these mini alliances, and cause disbandment.

Although I am quite confident your alliance doesn't officially endorse you, I personally invite you to bring it on :) .

Your entire argument is flawed as it is, since you failed to provide any reasoning why an alliance actually is necessary or not, and especially any criteria which would define such.

While not really thought provoking in any sense, your OP surely was almost original, but as the true inventors of Let's bash new unnecessary alliancestm, IS, are supporting you in your argument, you lost your thread intellectually already.

The only question remaining here would be: are you necessary?

Edited by shilo

The hell is this? <_<

Let them do their thing, dude. You've got no business with them, unless you feel like you want to act as the filter at your own nation's expense. But seriously, let the natural order do it's duty.

We've had many new (an unnecessary) alliances popping up during the summer. What to do with them? Well,I've had this idea bouncing around my head for a short while. I have now decided I want to show my idea to the general CN community.

DoW these mini alliances, and cause disbandment.

I can totally see this happening and not backfiring in any way. None of them can defend themselves or have any big friends anyway.

A brilliant idea. I salute you.

In all seriousness, it's probably just that we see the DoE's and then rarely see any disbandment notices (for obvious reasons). It's not a major problem for me, but I do feel sometimes it's a bit of a shame when new players join up in a friend's mirco alliance, and then when that folds they don't stick with CN at all. However we have to remember that new alliances do tend to bring in new players to CN (and some do stay), so that's gotta be a good thing.

MOAR NAYSHUNZ PLX

Edited by Grumpdogg

Also, I thought of a way to estimate DoEs to expand on my earlier point. Searching the Alliance politics section for "+Declaration +Existence" and sorting by last post date ought to give a fairly unbiased estimate of the rate of new alliance formation. Although it certainly has a fair share of false positives and misses some DoEs as well, I decided to try it anyway...

DoERate.png

It seems the number of DoEs per week has doubled since last year, that or everyone has gotten better at spelling "Declaration of Existence". I still maintain that there is probably an equally large increase in the rate of disbandment.

Nice graph, but you may also want to try searching by "DoE". Some people don't spell it out.

-Bama

DoERate.png

But even if rates remain proportional the number of baby alliances should be increasing. For it to remain constant the average quality of the alliances must be dropping and disbandment becoming more frequent. If the failure rate is constant at 8 alliances disbanded per 10 formed, then we would previously have seen (for example) ten new alliances every week and eight failures for a real total of 2 new alliances. If the rates double you get 4 new alliances a week.

If the number of alliances has remained constant in spite of a dramatic increase in DoEs the implication is that either the average alliance size is dropping (so that so many are below 20 members that they don't show up on the "display all alliances" page), or that the failure rate is 100%.

Nice graph, but you may also want to try searching by "DoE". Some people don't spell it out.

-Bama

All he can reasonably get is a relative change. Unless "DoE" has become more or less prelevant than "Declaration of Existence" his parameter is fine. Also, searching for a 3-letter string doesn't work here.