How much of your RL persona makes up your CN character?

Blacky

I tend to find that people borrow a lot of their RL persona to make up their CN IC. Things like morality, politics, deciding who to stand by or what you stand for.

I know personally my CN character borrows a lot from my RL persona, in fact as far as politics and morality goes I'm pretty much identical. Basically I can find a correlation to all my IC views with my RL ones; except where war is concerned. But then that probably comes from RL wants to make things more interesting.

How about you?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to roleplay Francesca as an extremely moral character, and never to break her ethics. In real life, I hold different political and philosophical stances to Francesca, so not only do I care less about ethics IRL, but I observe a different moral code to her (not to mention that there are some things in Cyber Nations that simply aren't relevant in IRL, like EZI.)

Yeah my RL persona reflects a little bit on my character. Mostly the general not caring about stuff if it doesn't directly affect my friends or I. Also my sarcastic nature also tends to come out in IRC or on the forums.

I try to roleplay Francesca as an extremely moral character, and never to break her ethics. In real life, I hold different political and philosophical stances to Francesca, so not only do I care less about ethics IRL, but I observe a different moral code to her (not to mention that there are some things in Cyber Nations that simply aren't relevant in IRL, like EZI.)

It's a bit of a stretch but EZI would be something like the death penalty.

Hard to say for me. Aside from a few comedic posts I've made (not here), I think I'm generally about the same here, personality-wise, as I am in reality. A few things may get exaggerated, but it's hard to tell which one's exaggerating.

About the same, because when I started playing, I didn't think about things like roleplaying. I'm maybe a bit more outgoing here, but I don't roleplay a personality. Obviously some of the "IC ethics" stuff isn't from the RL me. For example, the guy behind my computer doesn't think it's morally wrong to spy on someone in a video game. That would be kind of weird. :P

-Bama

Well, let's see...

Most of my morals and values (or the lack thereof) transfer from myself to my character, though I think I'm far more provocative and aggressive when I'm in character. The Splash Woman worship is also purely IC, though it's often joked about amongst Oceana's members on IRC.

Oh, and I'm reasonably certain that my desire to see the world go up in a blaze of nuclear flames is purely IC.