The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizzy, if you dont like it, tough. kudos for raising the issue mate. But its been raised plenty and plenty of times before.
Props to you for wanting to keep the realism, but some people just dont like RPing the indepth workings of an economy.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='03 June 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1275617260' post='2322916']
But that is just a stepping stone in a complete case of "cuz i can."

If you let people get away with absurd numbers, they'll get more and more crazy.
[/quote]

They're covered under the "responsible/common sense" section of military equipment RP. If someone does something absurd, it'll be called out, mocked and wiped.

Well, Lynneth, thanks for !@#$@#$ ruining the thread with OOC. No, I'm not going charging into battle with a god damn lightsaber and killing everything. Contrary to what you've insinuated, I'm not !@#$@#$ retarded. It's a relic. It sounds cool to say there's only one left. I put this here because I don't want my thread to become filled with OOC !@#$%^&*.

Thanks, stay away.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='03 June 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1275618702' post='2322947']
Well, Lynneth, thanks for !@#$@#$ ruining the thread with OOC. No, I'm not going charging into battle with a god damn lightsaber and killing everything. Contrary to what you've insinuated, I'm not !@#$@#$ retarded. It's a relic. It sounds cool to say there's only one left. I put this here because I don't want my thread to become filled with OOC !@#$%^&*.

Thanks, stay away.
[/quote]

I think he was doing an admirable job on enforcing community rules with a friendly cautionary post. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='04 June 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1275618702' post='2322947']

Thanks, stay away.
[/quote]
I'm not going to allow Star Wars-tech into CNRP. Next thing you know there's AT-ATs runni-...OH WAIT, Lavo uses those!

Anyways. I did what I thought was right so stop cursing for no reason.
Short temper much?

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='03 June 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1275617260' post='2322916']
But that is just a stepping stone in a complete case of "cuz i can."

If you let people get away with absurd numbers, they'll get more and more crazy.
[/quote]
If someone wants to RP 60+ squadron of AC-130s, then let them be. I will blow the 60+ squadrons of AC-130s out of the sky using 10+ squadrons of jet fighters.
[quote name='Sargun' date='03 June 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1275619321' post='2322962']
Lynneth, stop being childish.
Merger, stop being childish.
EM, stop being mature.
[/quote]

Sargun, stop being so bossy.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Silhouette' date='03 June 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1275620054' post='2322989']
How about, everyone shut the $%&@ up and be civil to one another?
[/quote]
Wait, since when we were civil to each other?... :blink:

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='03 June 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1275618702' post='2322947']

Thanks, stay away.
[/quote]
Well then don't bring, to use the vernacular you use, '!@#$@#$' lightsabers into CNRP, even one is too many.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='04 June 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1275619219' post='2322958']
I'm not going to allow Star Wars-tech into CNRP. Next thing you know there's AT-ATs runni-...OH WAIT, Lavo uses those!

Anyways. I did what I thought was right so stop cursing for no reason.
Short temper much?
[/quote]

Private channels ftw.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='03 June 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1275623419' post='2323066']
Christ guys just give it a rest already...its over and done with.
[/quote]
Nonsense, we must beat this horse until it's more than certainly dead. I'm talking horse-mush here.

Though, this lightsabre business brings up a good question, what are the limits in CNRP to magnetically-shaped plasma?

[quote name='BaronUberstein' date='04 June 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1275634691' post='2323241']
Nonsense, we must beat this horse until it's more than certainly dead. I'm talking horse-mush here.

Though, this lightsabre business brings up a good question, what are the limits in CNRP to magnetically-shaped plasma?
[/quote]

That ain't happening before 2025, I can assure you of that. Plasma is hard enough to control as it is, let alone to shape it and find a conducting magnet that is able to shape it in such a compact size. Feasibly the only efficient way to create plasma is via electricity, so you'd likely be better off having some sort of super-magnet that creates an inherent electrical current (thus a field of sorts) in order to not only create the plasma, but also shape it within the confines of the magnetic field. With that said, for it to be hand-held in the near future? No. This is strictly, of course, along the lines of the capabilities of the esteemed light saber, which (as far as I know) isn't even plasma.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='04 June 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1275657471' post='2323378']
That ain't happening before 2025, I can assure you of that. Plasma is hard enough to control as it is, let alone to shape it and find a conducting magnet that is able to shape it in such a compact size. Feasibly the only efficient way to create plasma is via electricity, so you'd likely be better off having some sort of super-magnet that creates an inherent electrical current (thus a field of sorts) in order to not only create the plasma, but also shape it within the confines of the magnetic field. With that said, for it to be hand-held in the near future? No. This is strictly, of course, along the lines of the capabilities of the esteemed light saber, which (as far as I know) isn't even plasma.
[/quote]
Oh, I wasn't thinking about hand held devices, I was thinking more along the lines of big 'plasma windows' and such.