OOC: Where did you come from?

Zarfef

So, I was wondering, how did everyone here get INTO RPing? Did you take part in any previous text-based RPs before CNRP? Do you play in any cool RPs at the moment outside of CNRP? How did you find your way here?

-Pascal

I guess I'll start.

I got into RPing after somehow finding myself Co-GMing a big hit nation control game called Nations And States: War and Peace while my Co-GM took off for law school. It was my first RP, and I didn't really even know what a GM was when I started O_O. It became one of the most popular RPs on the webpage:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=32671

I even agreed to GM it's sequel:

Nations and States 2.0: New Era

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=44281

I developed some massive ugly gaming system called IMAGE to control the second RP with an entire global map and individual calculations to work out all the battles. The system allowed nations to RP what they wanted but ultimately determined who won or lost off strategy alone... others thought it was purely based off numbers alone though so I suppose it was a victory and a failure. I took part in some minor RPs after that, but few seemed to really survive. I've been trying to grab the villain ever since my main characters kinda died in the first RP and PASCAL (which I hope to introduce on here once I get a little more serious and I'm not stuck with a silly 3rd world nation) was my finest creation in my opinion. The Nation-State battles and politics that took place there are what got me eventually involved in CNRP.

Anyone reading a few pages in these could tell... it was based FAR closer to the fantasy world then the real one, which is probably what gets me in a lot of trouble on CNRP (It's hard RPing Ak-47s when you were used to RPing against 1 km long space battleships with 3 meter thick armor made of materials heavier and rarer then Uranium before (how I was bullied as GM into allowing these I will never remember)).

RPing is a joy to me, and in the future I hope to create other RPs in this same veign perhaps drawing from my experiences here as well as in my past for inspiration. I may also bring in some inspiration here from this RP when I think I can make it work at my tech level :P. But due to inactivity in the above (they're three years old and started before the official RP as mere goofing off) I think I'd need to start off completely from scratch.

Anyways, I RP off science fiction, ideas that are close enough to be believable but not necessarily tried and true do to the complexities of "friction in the system".

So, that's where I come from! How about you!

I rejoined CN out of boredom about a year ago. Some September, Uberstein convinced me to come in, and got me riled up about it. As soon as land near Europe came open, I jumped at it without thinking, and hence my First CNRP nation. Before that fateful outburst, I had never RPed a bit, but did have some writing experience from a project that never got off the ground, wherein the Agean Empire played a major role fighting off an empire (It was also a combination of magic and science, death and assassins.)

That's pretty much it :awesome:

No RP background before doing CNRP. Joined out of boredom after the UJW, somewhat, and a desire to develop my CN nation further than what was in game - you know, give it cities, a social framework, an economy, a history, etc. I like developing a society, hence I'm still around.

Started in that other game who's name is in the filter, played there for a while, also played in another site where world geography, populations, resources, etc. were the same but you could have any three nations. That's where teh first incarnation of Xaristan came from (atheist nation controlling Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait... fun times). Joined here after that collapsed.

IRON used to run a small RP board before Coursca (who's now left RP) convinced me to come here. Started with North Carolina between Rebel Virginia (who's also gone now) and Pravus Ingruo.

I joined because I was bored with my current games. So I joined CNRP.

Since then I've gotten a new computer for myself, thus new games, and the reason why I am not posting very often anymore. That is why I've done nothing with the Diberian Wasteland thread for a while.

A text-based MUD called Imperian. I managed to create a human mage who...was absolutely horrible at everything. Eventually I discovered CN, and with my first nation, Russany, I just started posting news reports...and that somehow lead this this. :awesome:

I do NOT recommend Imperian to anyone, one of the worst games out there, it's a glorified chat engine.

No RP'ing background, although I have played browser MMOs for years... and you're always sort of 'in character', its not you per se, but never 'RP'.

CN got me into it, the wiki specifically, i have a great wiki page, although its out of date now. I wish people stayed IC more here... seems to have degraded over the years.

I started RPing in NS when my region members urged me to join their forum for RP. I soon got addicted but unfortunately my region and corresponding NSRP died off.

It was then that I remembered that CN also had RP. Though i had joined the forum when i joined CN this was first time i was being active.

I came here, set up the nation, and I am once more addicted!! :D

*Cough* *Cough*

Where to start?

Ive always had a way way way too active imagination as my school teachers will tell you...

I started Roleplaying with the D20 dice system and papre sheets in a huge number of RP's ranging from Starwars to Dungeon and Dragons to Shadowrun you name it I may have played it I also I have played on a game called runescape and before they brought in some stupid rules I RP'd on there forums. I have also RP'd on a command and conquer website and on my friends space RP's and now I RP here. And thats my history.

Ya'll know of Weebl and bob? Yeah they had forums and IRC. If I had stuck around I'd be a mod by now. Arguing with some guy from Holland caused me to leave.. Was 15 at the time.

Found this place through LVN and decided to stick around. It's... Nice. :)

About 6 years of RPing before I got here.

I didn't improve a bit. :awesome:

I'm also too lazy to write everything down, but I can say that Uber (or something) got me into CNRP in September 08 or so, because I was bored. Which resulted in

KANEDAAAAA

Kaneda111.jpg

Well, I have RP'd in a few single-thread RP's before coming here, but they never managed to get finished (through no fault of my own). However, this was my first major RP. And I have a guy that used to be called King Joseph III to thank. He posted a bit on our alliance forums inviting us to participate in his RP's, and I've been hooked ever since.

EDIT: Zarfef, if you still want to RP in a sci-fi manner, there's a link in my sig... ;)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Been involved in RP'ing since I was 16, mainly collaborative story RPing on a Dutch forum ( I still write there on occasion), played allot of D&D 3.5 and played a few weeks in Alternative History RP. And then found myself accidentally on this forum, and I decided to join in.

I used to RP on yahoo chat but I was like 12 so it was terrible, then in early 2006 I joined an IRC one that was pretty good, and that was how I was introduced to CN. Then I started doing stuff here around the time of the scramble for x continent threads, and I've been doing it ever since. I RP a little bit on other forums too.

Well...to begin off with, I had done a bit of RPing on other forums before I came to CN. After I joined CN and made a nation, I spent several months lurking around the forums. Soon, the CNRP portion (the News Reports, I believe) of the forums caught my attention and piped up my interest. After weeks of lurking there, I finally decided to join CNRP by PMing Lavo about Turkey - and hence my experience on the rollercoaster that was CNRP began, and never stopped.

Good times. :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT