Athens Q&A

Londo Mollari

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you let Jack Diorno shop your pic?!

Is "mergers and acquisitions" an official growth strategy of Athens, considering your high-profile mergers throughout your history (and being a merged alliance to begin with?)

That's not what you were saying in the shower last night.

No it isn't. All you likely heard was the sound of me saying "CHRONDOUKEN!" before you were knocked out.

Anything else was just you dreaming.

By the way, Londo. Mind revisiting my earlier question? Anyone capable of critical thinking isnt so absurd to act for the reason you gave last time.

Why does the NPO act the way they do in negotiations, in your opinion? What possible motivation is there?

If Sparta and Mushroom Kingdom were ever on the opposite sides of a war, which side would you choose?

The Mushroom Kingdom and Sparta are both very close allies of ours. Although it would be sad to see them on opposite sides in a war, It would still be possible to remain friends with both alliances. MK being our oldest ally, former protectors, MDAP treaty partner, and a C&G ally, I would be more inclined to side with them. C&G takes priority. As evidence by the MHA and Gremlins relationship, you can be on opposite sides of the war but still remain very close friends.

If Sparta and Mushroom Kingdom were ever on the opposite sides of a war, which side would you choose?

I will do everything in my power to ensure that neither one of those alliances is harmed. They have both been friends and allies with us for a long time, and I don't betray friends. Nor will I blindly answer such a loaded question. Our actions in such a terrible situation would depend on the details of what is going on, but they would be aimed at protecting both of our friends, and ourselves as well. Whatever I had to do to make that happen, you can be assured that I would do.

Jamie's answer that Athens rolls with MK is true, but it's also true that MK rolls with us. And we would never set ourselves up to oppose Sparta, because they are our friends, and they are good people who think a lot like we do. So ultimately, it would have to be the rest of C&G going against what we wanted, or Sparta going against what we wanted, for this to ever happen.

Hope that answers your question.

I think this question is just plain stupid. The only purpose of such a question is to just start drama. I feel that with any treaty, which are at such levels and have as much history as Athens current treaties with Sparta and MK... To choose would be like choosing which one of your children you like the best. Picking one would just cause harm, drama, and rash actions. If I were in the position to answer this question, I would tell you to stuff it and sod off. But I'm not, and this is only a statement from someone not involved in the politics of Athens. I can only hope the origin of this question wasn't suggested to you, to ask on their part. I am beginning to see in private channels, personal attacks and passive trolling. From those who are the usual trolling characters and from those also aligned with Athens. It takes guts to do a Q&A and survive. It almost seems like the allies of Athens are trying to derail and tarnish the name of Athens. Jealousy makes people do stupid things.

I think this question is just plain stupid. The only purpose of such a question is to just start drama.

Actually, Aurora Borealis has had to play this game a couple times.

I feel that with any treaty, which are at such levels and have as much history as Athens current treaties with Sparta and MK

If you wanted to play that field, MK has more history behind it.

To choose would be like choosing which one of your children you like the best.

That's pretty accurate.

Picking one would just cause harm, drama, and rash actions.

Not entirely true. If you roll with one side and explain to the other, they'd likely understand.

If I were in the position to answer this question, I would tell you to stuff it and sod off. But I'm not, and this is only a statement from someone not involved in the politics of Athens.

So basically, you'd dodge all kinds of questions that are to be expected in a Q&A?

I can only hope the origin of this question wasn't suggested to you, to ask on their part. I am beginning to see in private channels, personal attacks and passive trolling. From those who are the usual trolling characters and from those also aligned with Athens. It takes guts to do a Q&A and survive. It almost seems like the allies of Athens are trying to derail and tarnish the name of Athens. Jealousy makes people do stupid things.

I didn't really understand this. Especially the jealousy part. Are you saying Athens' allies are all jealous?

Take note that none of these statements are actually meant in a manner to be speaking for/to Athens, but rather this post.

I think this question is just plain stupid. The only purpose of such a question is to just start drama. I feel that with any treaty, which are at such levels and have as much history as Athens current treaties with Sparta and MK... To choose would be like choosing which one of your children you like the best. Picking one would just cause harm, drama, and rash actions. If I were in the position to answer this question, I would tell you to stuff it and sod off. But I'm not, and this is only a statement from someone not involved in the politics of Athens. I can only hope the origin of this question wasn't suggested to you, to ask on their part. I am beginning to see in private channels, personal attacks and passive trolling. From those who are the usual trolling characters and from those also aligned with Athens. It takes guts to do a Q&A and survive. It almost seems like the allies of Athens are trying to derail and tarnish the name of Athens. Jealousy makes people do stupid things.

Can you honestly say questions like these shouldn't be asked after what has happened in the last year plus? Lots of alliances have had to make choices such as these this year in the Karma War and the War of the Coalition at the very least, I do not think its inappropriate to ask how they would handle such a situation. There are a few ways that Athens could respond to such a question truthfully and still not be causing any drama (i.e. they could say they would look at the evidence and evaluate on a per-case basis, stay out of conflict between two close allies, or simply not answer it). I think you need to put the crack pipe down and take a couple of steps away from the keyboard because I really don't understand where all this conspiracy-type stuff is coming from really. If anything, your post will probably only incite more drama considering I (and probably quite a few others) had not even the slightest notion that ANYONE felt there was an issue here or that the question was in any way meant to smear Athens.

Just to throw my bit in there, it's a simple answer. There is far more history with MK, as your former protectors and now MADP allies. Although you do have a strong treaty with Sparta with a MDoAP, my choice would be going with MK. It would take me very little time to choose MK over Sparta. It is trying to pick one friend over another, but you may be put in that situation when you have more then one treaty. The MADP and bloc shared with MK outweighs the treaty with Sparta in my honest opinion. That would be my decision as a person in their place.

Edited by JackSkellington