Athens Q&A

Londo Mollari

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: If Athens was the controlling voice in Karma and all the other alliances said "We only want whatever Athens wants!", what terms would Athens set for the NPO? I.E. If Athens could have everything exactly their way, what terms would Athens offer the NPO?

Question: If Athens was the controlling voice in Karma and all the other alliances said "We only want whatever Athens wants!", what terms would Athens set for the NPO? I.E. If Athens could have everything exactly their way, what terms would Athens offer the NPO?

Harsh (and deservedly so), but no harsher proportionately than what Athens was given. The reps would stay high and there would be restrictions on aid, but I would be personally inclined to cut out the wars term. Guess what? I can't do that. The wars term isn't going anywhere, because basically no one else wants to compromise any more or negotiate anything else away after how NPO's leadership has behaved in negotiations. Can I blame them for feeling that way? No, not really. Am I a big old softie? Yeah, sometimes I am. :P

I've been insulted by Athens gov (an ally of MHA, in case you've forgotten) and NSO gov in this thread.

Proposal: If Athens and NSO want to build a relationship based on mutual dislike/hatred of me, then good on you. Remember though, private channels ftw. I don't go out of my way to insult your two alliances on the OWF, so I expect the same courtesy.

A cease-fire that doesn't mean I've "won" anything, just a mutual acknowledgment that we all have better things to do than do a tit-for-tat that will just make us all look bad.

Best of luck to everybody, and I really hope this is my last post in this thread.

You keep saying you are being insulted in this thread, but I have reread the thread and still see no place where that has occurred. Perhaps you should provide some links.

To Athens: Where do you see Athens-NSO relations going in the future? Better or Worse? Treaty or War?

If you were to guess, what do you think motivates the NPO to take such an apparently illogical stance towards negotiations?

Not that im saying hawk_11 isnt logical (Im implying it).

I think NPO's identity is so wrapped up in winning that they can't stand to accept terms that will cause the degree of humiliation that these will. Being forced out of peace mode to be attacked is pretty bad. They have done it to others (GATO for instance), but I am not even sure that the NPO could successfully survive accepting a GATO-style treatment. And I am speaking culturally here.

Don't imagine that I even necessarily want to do this to NPO. In fact, I have tried to get more leniency on this, but failed. Perhaps for good, perhaps for ill. But my words and my actions have NEVER been mine alone in this, and I have had to listen to many different voices to form a coherent whole.

I did the math, and I am quite sure that they could go through the terms we made for them from a mechanical perspective. However, I think that they are resisting these terms not only because they are mechanically harsh but because they believe that these terms woudl destroy their alliance's culture of triumphalism. The thing is, the people fighting NPO want NPO to be utterly defeated and unconditionally surrender, and in a way, NPO can't be utterly defeated or unconditionally surrender because they would lose their culture, their identity, and no longer be NPO. I believe this is why NPO is beginning to behave so irrationally, and I don't see a resolution to this issue unless someone gives in. Having seen the resolve of both sides firsthand, I don't see either side giving in, and I expect this war to continue indefinitely as a result. I hope that I am proved wrong, and that everyone is able to compromise just a little bit more so that we can be done with this chapter of CN history and move onto something else, but I'm in this for the long haul with my comrades in Karma, and I won't abandon the field of battle while a Karma alliance is still fighting.

I think NPO's identity is so wrapped up in winning that they can't stand to accept terms that will cause the degree of humiliation that these will. Being forced out of peace mode to be attacked is pretty bad. They have done it to others (GATO for instance), but I am not even sure that the NPO could successfully survive accepting a GATO-style treatment. And I am speaking culturally here.

Don't imagine that I even necessarily want to do this to NPO. In fact, I have tried to get more leniency on this, but failed. Perhaps for good, perhaps for ill. But my words and my actions have NEVER been mine alone in this, and I have had to listen to many different voices to form a coherent whole.

I did the math, and I am quite sure that they could go through the terms we made for them from a mechanical perspective. However, I think that they are resisting these terms not only because they are mechanically harsh but because they believe that these terms woudl destroy their alliance's culture of triumphalism. The thing is, the people fighting NPO want NPO to be utterly defeated and unconditionally surrender, and in a way, NPO can't be utterly defeated or unconditionally surrender because they would lose their culture, their identity, and no longer be NPO. I believe this is why NPO is beginning to behave so irrationally, and I don't see a resolution to this issue unless someone gives in. Having seen the resolve of both sides firsthand, I don't see either side giving in, and I expect this war to continue indefinitely as a result. I hope that I am proved wrong, and that everyone is able to compromise just a little bit more so that we can be done with this chapter of CN history and move onto something else, but I'm in this for the long haul with my comrades in Karma, and I won't abandon the field of battle while a Karma alliance is still fighting.

That is horribly unrealistic. All of it, and frankly, the only way that'd work is if you considered the lot of them that absurdly brainwashed as to only be able to think that way. Including the leadership. And frankly thats just not plausible.

*shakes head*

Who is Londo's favorite ex-athens member with the Letters C-O-R-R-U-P-T in his name? ;)

Count Rupert.

To Athens: Where do you see Athens-NSO relations going in the future? Better or Worse? Treaty or War?

Personally I would be happier seeing a treaty and friendly relations then a war, but we did just combine two large treaty portfolio's, so I doubt we will be pursuing any new relations until we have done a complete treaty review and are happy with what we've signed.

Eh. Not going to start. Did DE really ask to change the name to Athens Evolution?

It was a suggestion like many others, in such equal mergers, a general name change takes place between both alliances. In the end we agreed upon Athens though.

I've been insulted by Athens gov (an ally of MHA, in case you've forgotten) and NSO gov in this thread.

I've been threatened by Athens gov before.

And it could be conceived like that by others, instead of people wanting to start !@#$. Whatever fun you want to have is good though. I don't think you've been insulted here, Sileath. I really don't.

Londo: do you think letting me in was a horrible disaster?

I love the attention I'm receiving in this thread. As for the second part of my post, it was wrong and subsequently removed at the request of someone.

Edited by hawk_11

Londo: do you think letting me in was a horrible disaster?

Not at first, but your behavior became an issue over time.

How are you so good at being allies?

Because friends are friends, and you stick up for your friends.

I love the attention I'm receiving in this thread. Although I do stand by what I said Londo, we'd probably be a hell of a lot more willing to negotiate if you weren't there to crack AIDS jokes in negotiations.

I certainly don't recall doing that. Might have though, never claimed to be an impeccable paragon of propriety at all times. :huh:

I heard Athens is awesome, is this statement true?

ok, my real question is, how does being a greek themed alliance make Athens fun?

Our theme isn't what makes us fun, it's our people. :)

I'm sorry to pull off topic, but did he really?
I certainly don't recall doing that. Might have though, never claimed to be an impeccable paragon of propriety at all times. :huh:

Yep. He did.

No, he didn't.

Edited by hawk_11

With the amount of bad publicity NPO is trying to throw onto Londo I would be incredibly surprised if he said anything too bad, you would of thrown it all over the OWF when it actually happened.

Burning bridges is a better move. From what I know from first hand accounts, Londo has been the most lenient of the negotiators. Smearing his image since that 200 page thread is not in anyone's best interest except for those who wish to see NPO subjected to eternal war.