World Congress special open session in regards to the invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm and war in Europe

Generalissimo

"There is no violation for self-defense. This has been a defensive war since Uberstein declared it upon the GNR. Whether or not his house got bombed."

"Rule of geopolitics #1: Declarer of the war is the aggressor. Regardless as to how initial provocations occurred."

Uberstein considered the estate part of his country, so it could be considered an invasion and act of war, which would mean that in the eyes of Uberstein's side, they declared war.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the entire ordeal, Bill Worthington finally stood.

"If I may be so bold as to address the floor." He said, clearing his throat. "Xaristan is not a member of this body, nor do we ever wish to be. Something that takes away our sovereignty, something that people in our nation hold most dear, is of the utmost displeasure to them. However, it would seem to me that we may be facing a threat here that does, in fact, endanger all of our sovereignties."

"What we have here is a difference of views. Nordland feels that they were justified in their actions, that the actions of this Baron were of threat to them. Obviously, this is laughable. The Baron is nothing but a gnat compared to Nordland. He can annoy them, he can prick them, but he cannot kill the behemoth. Was Nordland's action overreaching, an overreaction to a small threat, or, dare we say, unnecessary? It can be argued for all, or for none."

"On the Baron's side, we have Nordland invading his personal property, his home being ransacked on suspicious grounds. He notices his homeland is in danger, and places troops on the border, counting on an assault. Unfortunately, he maneuvered right into Nordland's trap. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, between either risking further perceived provocative actions against the Nords and much of his land overrun before he even knew an invasion had begun. Let's not fool ourselves, Nordland was always going to invade, their history has shown us such. They simply used the Baron's actions on the border as a convenient excuse, to squish the annoying gnat."

"How soon before those of us here speaking out are those annoying gnats? How long before what has happened to the Baron is happening to us? How long before words at a conference are no longer enough to satisfy us that we have done our civic duty as world leaders? How long before there are no longer enough voices left to even protest for us when those with more power come knocking?"

"It is our humble opinion that words are no longer enough. Nordland is picking off her enemies one by one, and if all we do is talk, then there will be none of us left to resist them."

"I ask the World Congress to invoke Articles 15, 16, and 17 of its charter and declare war on Nordland in defense of Uberstein."

Theodore Jameson stirred uneasily. When Bill Worthington retired from the floor, Jameson wrote a note, folded it, and handed it to an aide with instructions to deliver it to Worthington.

The aide delivered it promptly without reading it.

I am willing to pledge Promised Land to this cause, but not if it is suicidal. We need more supporters for this to work, especially considering the distances and supply lines involved.

~Theodore Jameson

"There is no violation for self-defense. This has been a defensive war since Uberstein declared it upon the GNR. Whether or not his house got bombed."

"Rule of geopolitics #1: Declarer of the war is the aggressor. Regardless as to how initial provocations occurred."

"Ever since his house got bombed, and his family and staff were arrested on trumped-up charges, you mean."

"Ever since his house got bombed, and his family and staff were arrested on trumped-up charges, you mean."

"Wait what? First of all his house never got bombed and his family and staff were released after 48 hours. At best that would be a mistake from the Court not an act of war."

"Wait what? First of all his house never got bombed and his family and staff were released after 48 hours. At best that would be a mistake from the Court not an act of war."

Uberstein considered the estate part of his country, so it could be considered an invasion and act of war, which would mean that in the eyes of Uberstein's nation, GNR declared war, not Mariehamm.

Edited by freakwars

Theodore Jameson stirred uneasily. When Bill Worthington retired from the floor, Jameson wrote a note, folded it, and handed it to an aide with instructions to deliver it to Worthington.

The aide delivered it promptly without reading it.

I am willing to pledge Promised Land to this cause, but not if it is suicidal. We need more supporters for this to work, especially considering the distances and supply lines involved.

~Theodore Jameson

I suggest you re-read the information on the case. The Uberstein mansion was never bombed. If it was, I'm sure the live video footage of our raid wouldn't have it to the outside world. His cousin was held for questioning and never arrested. He was released and sent back to his homeland, after the questioning ended.

I suggest you re-read the information on the case. The Uberstein mansion was never bombed. If it was, I'm sure the live video footage of our raid wouldn't have it to the outside world. His cousin was held for questioning and never arrested. He was released and sent back to his homeland, after the questioning ended.

"I know it wasn't bombed...figure of speech. But you did 'tear the place apart' looking for evidence you never found, am I correct? And I see you do not deny the charges were trumped-up."

"So the court has the power to order the military into something that should be a matter for the police?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"No it wasn't. You cannot read. Firstly, the territory was not sovereign, but secondly, if it was, it'd have been a part of the Roman Empire as Überstein said, so even if this sovereignty lie was through some sick twist actually correct, it'd still be no aggression against Mariehamm. If Überstein was correct, I'd be able to go and buy any house in any territory, and claim that I can annex it into Nordland. Actually, for that matter, countries hardly exist, every person that owns a house or terrain would constitute a sovereign microstate...this is retarded, I'm going back to the battlefield now."

Edited by Kaiser Martens

OOC: That satalight photo WAS the GNR's military photo. Ask Feliks, he and I did dice rolls on what your sat's saw, THAT WAS WHAT THEY SAW.

OOC: Even if it was, then why would we release information of that nature to the public? We haven't, and thus the discussions on how many forces were at the border may cease.

OOC: Actually, one of your people did. Check around page 5.
"For crying out loud"the Diplomat said as he accessed Satellite Records of the Border at the time of mobilizations.

"As some Diplomats have difficulties hearing here are the images, see those red dots at the Border? Those are Mariehamm Soldiers as you notice the lines are filled with them just below them are Nordlandic Soldiers with their divisional tags added as I said before Border Patrol so at the time of their mobilizations there were little to no forces on the border there are similar images for around 4 days if you do not believe our records check your own satellites they will confirm it"

...this is retarded, I'm going back to the battlefield now."
"It’s not retarded, it’s international diplomacy.

If you were committed to peace you wouldn’t let the comments of a single representative preclude you from this conference."

Edited by Generalissimo

Nicholas excused himself from the table and from the room for a moment, going into the hall because his phone was ringing. Upon answering, a conversation began between him and the Emperor.

"Yes?"

"Nicholas?"

"Yes."

"Nicholas, did you not say that the meeting was concluded? I thought our enemies had exited?"

"Yes, Überstein's men have left. I had intended to leave and be on the next plane to Bern, however the German suggested that I remain for a couple of moments longer. All that has been discussed are petty matters, there has been much arguing, and a lot of the recent conversation is regarding the German seizure of Überstein's estate."

"You need to excuse yourself. There is a man waiting at the door who will take your place in the conference, should it continue. There is a plane in the airport and a car out front. It is armoured and bulletproof. It will take you to the airport, should not be more than half an hour to reach it. Upon boarding the plane, there will be a collection of documents within a briefcase stored near the centre. The code is 23-45-04-92, then it will require your thumbprint, a retina scan, and a blood sample. The documents within are regarding the current war situation, I would like you to review them and determine a plan for the invasion proposed, based on the information provided. This should be done on your computer, and after it is concluded, please send the file to me and be prepared to present it upon arrival in Bern."

"Yes sir, I will have it done and to the best of my ability."

"I know. You have always done fantastic work."

He hung up. Nicholas reentered the room, and stated,

"Gentlemen, while this discussion has been fruitful, rewarding, and enlightening, I must excuse myself as I have other things to attend to. Momentarily, my replacement will enter the room, and he will serve as Wästerdyskreich's representative to this Congress. I beg your pardon once more, but I must go now." He exited, and within a minute, his replacement, a man dressed in a military uniform of the same shape, but not wearing nearly as many ribbons, entered and declared himself the Wästerdyskreich representative.

“You’re not going to leave because you’re committed to peace, aren’t you Kaiser Martens? There’s note and three files under your chair in a manila folder, I suggest you read it, consider it new evidence.”

The first two folders contain old East German intelligence regarding some of Deutschland’s more interesting genetic experiments, nothing your spin crew can’t handle. The third is far more dangerous, how would the world react if they knew you were keeping near immortality to yourself?

You’re not leaving this conference without showing an absolute commitment to peace, or this meeting is going to be a whole lot more fun.

I know something you know

-Generalissimo-

Edited by Generalissimo