World Congress special open session in regards to the invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm and war in Europe

Generalissimo

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"People.. the war started over Uberstein's house. Not a sovereign domain.. a HOUSE. Think on that. That's what was attacked. That is what he started a war over... A HOUSE.. a world at risk of THERMONUCLEAR CONFLICT.. over a HOUSE.. a SINGLE MANSION.. and he kept the war open.. and he kept it open after being offered EXTREMELY GRACIOUS terms........THINK ABOUT IT!" The Chairman stormed out... He gave up.

"And if the Nords had not invaded the house to get at Uberstein's family in an attempt to blackmail him into changing his views, this would have never happened! Then you must remember, the offers would not solve the problem, they were only a crudely veiled attempt by the Nords at covering their asses!"

"Africa is already being carved up by colonialist powers who are calling it some sort of hippie crap about everyone being the same. If you wanna save Africa go obliterate every single minority European government squatting on the continent like an old lady squatting over a privvy hole. You want any chicken," asks Mama Bob as she finishes up?

"This is exactly the point. We must figure out a line which to draw and prevent them from crossing. It is the opinion of the Imperium that Europe is effectively lost to the Nords; Asia and Africa can be saved. But we must ACT, not sit idly with denouncations of their deeds."

"Wait a second. They can do whatever the hell they want until they cross a line? No. We dont set limits, we make examples of Imperialistic, Attacking nations."

Anthony Davis walked in quietly. He went to where Maelstrom was sitting, and sat down. "The chairman has been removed from authority during this conflict due to compromised leadership roles based on historic grudges with the leadership of Mariehamm. That said, the Empire is still open to remedy proposals on this crisis. THey will have to be cleared by our legislature."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"Mykep you need to settle yourself down boy. No one here is going to Europe. I mean why would any of us want to go? It is such a boring place, and those Nords are such stiff necks you'd have no fun there. As for sending in armed troops to stop this war, I'd remind yall that doing so will only escalate a war. If you are worried about these Nord fellers yall just need to issue an ultimatum telling the next time they launch a war without just cause they'll have their heads chopped off and piled in a mountain so high someone from Mars will be able to see it. You want any chicken," Mama Bob asks?

"Wait a second. They can do whatever the hell they want until they cross a line? No. We dont set limits, we make examples of Imperialistic, Attacking nations."

The Imperator glared at him. "At least I attempt to do something. None of you present have even issued a limit to their expansion yet; and here you denounce the first proposal to do something against the Nords."

The Imperator glared at him. "At least I attempt to do something. None of you present have even issued a limit to their expansion yet; and here you denounce the first proposal to do something against the Nords."
"Maybe that was too ambitious, we could always start talking about sanctions." Edited by Generalissimo

"If we’re really motivated everyone in the conflict, considering just about everyone currently participating has taken significant aggressive action.

We could discuss the issue further; we could even put it up vote and decide who we sanction, or if we sanction anyone at all – which is one of several nifty possible functions of the World Congress organization."

Edited by Generalissimo

"Mykep you need to settle yourself down boy. No one here is going to Europe. I mean why would any of us want to go? It is such a boring place, and those Nords are such stiff necks you'd have no fun there. As for sending in armed troops to stop this war, I'd remind yall that doing so will only escalate a war. If you are worried about these Nord fellers yall just need to issue an ultimatum telling the next time they launch a war without just cause they'll have their heads chopped off and piled in a mountain so high someone from Mars will be able to see it. You want any chicken," Mama Bob asks?

I dont want to wait till next time. I would love chicken.

What I'm doing is in the works.

"Well my guess here is these Nord felt they had a legitamate reason for thumping this Baron feller on the head. What I'm seeing here is a lot of us disputing that reason. Now it seems to me maybe we ought to take a lesson from the kids. When I was raising my boy Bob and his brother Nation, now since departed rest his soul, they used to get in some fearsome disputes. Taking sides in those brotherly brawls didn't seem to do much to help. What it seems to me is we all want the fighting to stop not so much for the sake of politics or not wanting to get deep fried by a radioactive fall out, but because no one wants to see a heap of people blown into the next time zone," says Mama Bob as she takes a bite of her home cooked chicken and sips some lemonade.

"Now what we ought to do is ask these Nords what we can do to help them feel like they aren't being threatened by this Baron feller. Take it from the one extreme of us responding and move it to the other side of the spectrum of us doing our parts to help dissolve these spats in the future," says Mama Bob as she eats some more chicken.

She looks over at Jerry and says, "Look boy, get your butt out that door and wipe your feet. I don't want to be in no room with the likes of a man who was crawling around on the roof. Wash your grubby hands and I bet you haven't scrubbed out behind your ears in a damnable long time."

I dont want to wait till next time. I would love chicken.

Mama points to her Aide and the tired looking fellow goes about loading up Mykep a plate of greens, chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and a slice of pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on the side. The aide scurries over and sets the plate down by Mykep's side along with a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade.

Mama watches in approval and says, "Well Mr. Mykep I know my boy Bob talks kindly of you, so I'll speak kindly to you. I'm suggesting we find away to get both of these fussing youngin's to the table to talk. Not just to stop this here brawl, but to prevent ones in the future as well."

Edited by Firestorm

Well Mr. Mykep I know my boy Bob talks kindly of you, so I'll speak kindly to you. I'm suggesting we find away to get both of these fussing youngin's to the table to talk. Not just to stop this here brawl, but to prevent ones in the future as well."

Talking has been going on for over a year. The aggressors just decided it was time to take it to thier house.

Mama Bob beams with a smile that fills the bottom half of her face as she doles out a few choice pieces of home fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, greens, corn, and a piece of huckleberry pie with a side of ice cream. She says to Beuregard, "I bet your mama is just proud to death of you. You have any sisters, my boy Bob can still marry two more women."

Mama Bob beams with a smile that fills the bottom half of her face as she doles out a few choice pieces of home fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, greens, corn, and a piece of huckleberry pie with a side of ice cream. She says to Beuregard, "I bet your mama is just proud to death of you. You have any sisters, my boy Bob can still marry two more women."

Taking a bite, his face filled with joy. "Mercy me, I'm catching the vapors," he said, "my good madame, this has got to be the most fantastic fowl I have enjoyed in years. Why, if this pie is as good as I hope it will be, I will be happier than a crawdad in a bayou hole." Taking a bite of the pie, he slowly savored every bit of the experience. "Madame, if I wasn't already involved with a young belle of my own, I would marry you at this very moment. And yes, I have three sisters: Rose, Violetta and Lenore, all of whom are single."

Fueled by some down-home cooking, Beauregard lept to his seat. "Whooee, let's do this thing!"

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

Mama Bob snorts and laughs, and after a bit she says, "Look boys, us hassling over this is a waste of good drinking time. Let's get these Nords and this Baron fellow in here and ask them to talk to each other. If that blows up we can figure out what's next."

Mama Bob motions to her Aide and says, "Boy, you get moving and give them Nords a call, use my cell phone, and don't you dally either." She then turns her head back to the crowd and says, "Now look who here has this Baron's number, cause I've don't have it?"

Slavorussia’s ambassador stands up with a look of distress on his face, amazed at what these people are saying. “Giving Europe to the Nords wont help anyone here ladies and gentlemen. This isn’t about who took whose house, who invaded whose country first, its about doing what‘s right, doing what needs to be done to preserve peace. The logic of the Nords is, if you‘re not with us we‘ll destroy you. Slavorussia barely started mobalizing troops to defend Mariehamm and now they‘re already threatening to enslave the rest of our empire. Now I ask you gentlemen aside from a few snide remarks, which Slavorussian officials are known for doing around the world, and pledging to defend a neighbor and a friends, have we done anything wrong?

Oh sure they claimed they would let us “do our thing” and not interfere anymore, but their actions speak volumes as to their intentions. They stopped the oil flow to free Slavorussian provinces, increased their military numbers in the east, and intelligence suggests that they are trying to incite a Nordic rebellion similar to what they did in Molakia.

I would advise that the nations here who actually care about defending freedom and justice make a stand. Send a sizable number of peacekeeping troops to Mariehamm, and convice both sides that peace is in the best interest of both countries for the forward advancement of Europe. Both Mariehamm and Nordland can come to the peace table if only they have the right incentives. If you don’t stop the unchecked Nordic imperialism here and now then, mark my words, it will reach Africa, Asia and the Americas in due time.”

The Sercan diplomat stands and agrees with the Slavorussian ambassador.

"We he is speaking is the truth. The Nords basically have Europe at thier fingertips and tend to play aorund with it from time to time. They have too much power and a man in power tends to take it to the head and use that power to benefit him and discomfort the people around him. We cannot let the Nords expand elsewhere throuighout the world. We cant let them have the rest of Europe. If the Nords have control over Europe, Africa, and Asia they basically have the world to control. Now military force is to be our LAST resort. We do not want this war to escalate and spill elsewhere in the world. The Lady with the Chicken is right, Lets bring them here and have them talk it out like gentlemen should instead of cause the European people even more suffering."