World Congress special open session in regards to the invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm and war in Europe

Generalissimo

"Funny you haven't applied your own words to the one being invaded. If you're truly benevolent. Oust Uberstein.. and keep the people free of the Nords. Anything else.. is just picking your friend among the wolves of Europe. Probability folks are going to agree to do that, laughably low."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Funny you haven't applied your own words to the one being invaded. If you're truly benevolent. Oust Uberstein.. and keep the people free of the Nords. Anything else.. is just picking your friend among the wolves of Europe. Probability folks are going to agree to do that, laughably low."

I've made myself pretty clear when I said people needed just reason to war. Warring over what you call disappointment by disagreeing is not a just cause.

Edited by mykep

Generalissimo takes the podium again while rummaging through several hundred pages of disorganized papers that might be his notes for the conference.

“Thanks to everyone who bothered to show up, and stay. It takes a lot of patience to make it through something like this, and for something of this significant the proceedings could take days, I hope everyone still here is in for the long haul.

Where do we start? Someone said something about a recap, it sounds like a good place to begin. As most of you probably already know the ‘Greater’ Nordland Reich’s invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm has become the catalyst for a wider war in Europe.

Let’s start with this video clip of Scolar Visari’s speech of the ‘Greater’ Nordland Reich’s declaration of war.”

black and white archive serial of Scolar Visari’s speech

A few months ago, the Nordic Confederacy traveled to Brisbane to discuss the topic of peace. This conferenced involved not only us, but ComIntern as well. Our goal was simple: Try to advert the largest, most destructive war in the history of the world between two great super powers. Indeed, at that conference we agreed to the following:

1. Reinstatement of Slavorussia with the exception of Novak and Eastern Reich land

2. Incorporation of the Uberstein mansion in RoM

3. Germany will rebuild said mansion

4. Mandatory NAP

I'd like to point out the following main points:

2. Incorporation of the Uberstein mansion in RoM

3. Germany will rebuild said mansion

Indeed, we agreed to right the wrongs, in which we did by seizing the mansion of the Baron. Yet, the Republic of Mariehamm still marches aggressively towards war. On a daily basis, our intelligence systems in the form of ELINT, SAR and other devices are reporting continuous rumblings at the border. Obviously, the Baron doesn't appreciate a peaceful mean to solutions and instead would rather march towards war.

I will pass over the insulting attacks made by this so-called President against me. That he calls me a gangster is uninteresting. After all, this expression was not coined in Nordland but in Mariehamm, no doubt because such gangsters are lacking here. Apart from this, I cannot be insulted by Uberstein for I consider him mad as the politicians who drove Europa to ruin in the 1940s. I don't need to mention what this man has done for years in the same way against other powers. First he incites war then falsifies the causes, then odiously wraps himself in a cloak of hypocrisy and slowly but surely leads mankind to war, not without calling God to witness the honesty of his attack-in the approved manner of an old Freemason. I think you have all found it a relief that now, at last, one State has been the first to take the step of protest against his historically unique and shame less ill-treatment of truth, and of right-which protest this man has desired and about which he cannot complain.

The fact that Greater Nordic Government, which has been negotiating for years with this man [ Baron Uberstein ], has at last become tired of being mocked by him in such an unworthy way, fills us all, the European people, and all other decent people in the world, with deep satisfaction. The Greater Nordic Reich have been finally compelled, in view of this, and in loyalty to the people of Europa, to carry on the struggle against the Republic of Mariehamm.

Edited by Generalissimo

"Sure we could be pointing fingers, and are there a lot of fingers to point around, but what does that accomplish?

That doesn’t change the fact that Europe is once again at war, and that we’re in a position to do something about it."

Edited by Generalissimo

"Exactly, I suggest we let them get it over with. The GNR gave them the opportunity to end their misery and they shunned it. If this is some.. heart-felt moral war against ethnic consolidation instead of basing the Cassus Belli on the Mariehamm situation.. I suspect its only a few years behind schedule."

Annihilation's representative, Selena Davies, walks in, sitting down with her arms gently crossed. She pulls out a glass and a bottle of Annihilation's finest red wine and pours some, before offering it to anyone else who may want refreshments whilst they enjoy the show...

A man dressed in a dark blue suit wearing an armband with the Republic of Yawoo's flag on it entered the room and chose a seat towards the rear. The man took out a leather note book, a silver pen, and waited.

"Exactly good General.. exactly the reason we should leave well enough alone and let them finally end their feud their.. note the plurative.. way."
"Can you guarantee the theater of conflict won’t expand further? Can you guarantee it won’t escalate to an atomic exchange? These are not things anyone here should be willing to gamble." Edited by Generalissimo

"Can you guarantee the theater of conflict won’t expand further? Can you guarantee it won’t escalate to an atomic exchange? These are not things anyone here should be willing to gamble."

"The conflict is already beyond containment. Intervention will escalate it automatically.. and almost certainly lead to Atomic exchange. Another good reason to keep my nose out of this mess involving a tiny country who doesn't want peace half-a-world away.. thank you for bringing that one to my attention, I hadn't even thought of it."

"Intervention in Europe is something I would recommend against. Though I see the possibility of a Greater Nordic Europe as the overwhelmingly likely outcome we should not interfere with the ruin wreaked on Mariehamm for, what I will also point out is one of their actions."

The Imperator paused for breath before starting again. "No, why would you choose to make your stand now when the vast majority of Europe, her people, and her resources are already under Nordic Control? This measure is far too late for any realistic chance of a victorious war without Mutual Destruction."

"Leave them Europe and concentrate instead on Asia and Africa."

General, noone has exchanged nuclear weapons yet. Hopefully it will be kept that way. If not, intervention plus nuclear warfare will lead to the world's doom once again. I'm afraid that if that were to happen, Europe alone will not be the target, but other continents as well.

"NO offense boys but the last nuclear exchange didn't lead to the world's doom, so lets not stoop to rhetoric. What is the real problem here that we need to resolve," asks Mama Bob as she fixes Yawoo a plate of chicken and greens. She orders the Aide to make sure he eats it.

"But who is to say that the Nords will stop their shameless growth and aggression with Europe. They already hold strong treaties nations in the Americas and Asia, who is to say they don't absorb those nations, or 'Protect their allies' by annexing the nations around them!"

"Also, the chicken was very good..."

"Intervention in Europe is something I would recommend against. Though I see the possibility of a Greater Nordic Europe as the overwhelmingly likely outcome we should not interfere with the ruin wreaked on Mariehamm for, what I will also point out is one of their actions."

The Imperator paused for breath before starting again. "No, why would you choose to make your stand now when the vast majority of Europe, her people, and her resources are already under Nordic Control? This measure is far too late for any realistic chance of a victorious war without Mutual Destruction."

The Yawooian representative stood up, gently placing his writing instruments on the chair next to him.

"And what happens when the time comes when they come for Asia and Africa too? Will the Americas look on Asia and Africa and say, it is too late then, too? Or will the train of Nordic Control continue along the tracks without any of the rails being cut?"

Edit: added "on"

Edited by Yawoo

"People.. the war started over Uberstein's house. Not a sovereign domain.. a HOUSE. Think on that. That's what was attacked. That is what he started a war over... A HOUSE.. a world at risk of THERMONUCLEAR CONFLICT.. over a HOUSE.. a SINGLE MANSION LOCATED IN A FOREIGN POWER'S DOMAIN.. and he kept the war open.. and he kept it open after being offered EXTREMELY GRACIOUS terms........THINK ABOUT IT!" The Chairman stormed out... He gave up.

He stopped halfway out, "If you want to go help this man fight over his house.. more power to you.. call me when you've got a real cause."

"People.. the war started over Uberstein's house. Not a sovereign domain.. a HOUSE. Think on that. That's what was attacked. That is what he started a war over... A HOUSE.. a world at risk of THERMONUCLEAR CONFLICT.. over a HOUSE.. a SINGLE MANSION.. and he kept the war open.. and he kept it open after being offered EXTREMELY GRACIOUS terms........THINK ABOUT IT!" The Chairman stormed out... He gave up.

"Seems to me that if this war is over a house why don't we offer to build this Baron a new one?"

"This is exactly the point. We must figure out a line which to draw and prevent them from crossing. It is the opinion of the Imperium that Europe is effectively lost to the Nords; Asia and Africa can be saved. But we must ACT, not sit idly with denouncations of their deeds."