World Congress special open session in regards to the invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm and war in Europe

Generalissimo

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ambassador from Phoenicia had been silent to watch General Opinion.

"First of all I would like to clear up some things, regarding the escalation to a new level Nordland has made it's policy quite clear we will not be the first one to fire however should even one Chemical, Biological or Nuclear Attack against Nordland be detected we will authorize the use of any and all weapons, further we have given the Baron enough chances to cooperate even now we have not proceeded to actually invade Mariehamm and have only conducted Aerial Attacks on Military targets the Baron can move to the peace table anytime however his refusal to even negotiate with a Nordlandic diplomat has made it quite clear peace are not his intentions.

Second, Slavorussia we have indeed rerouted Oil infrastructure but this was not something personal just National Security it is much more safe to have the flow of something as important as Oil go through your own territory again we have made little to no Military moves against Slavorussia until they Declared war upon us. Nordland as always is willing to negotiate but for negotiations to succeed both sides must be willing to compromise in our opinion the Baron is not willing to do that obvious from refusing to sign a Peace treaty returning to the Status Quo and enforcing non Agression. If we really wanted to own all of Europe why do we regularly grant Independence to nations who do not even align with us?

This whole war by Mariehamm is not to liberate Europe it is a grudge from an old Man with someone who isn't even in power anymore. Nordland does not oppress Europa we protect her

And I would like some chicken"

Edited by Centurius

Mama smiles at the fellow and prods the Aide to deliver the requested chicken. Now Mama has a soft spot in her heart and she can see this fellow is going to be facing a hostile crowd so she digs into her hamper and ladles up some of her special home cooked bake beans and okra for the nice boy. This is served along side of a slice of pumpkin pie and ice cream, greens, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and three large pieces of home cooked chicken. Mama Bob gives the Aide one of her infamous death stares and the Aide scuttles off to deliver the heaping plate of food.

She looks at the man and says, "Now look, I'm not at all in the know here. But I have to ask, What will it take to make you boys feel safe? I seem to remember my two sons fighting like hellcats because they felt threatened by each other. Now I'm not taking sides either, I just want to know if we can help you Nord fellers and this Baron feel safe on the same continent. You boys have any things that you particularly want to see happen?"

Edited by Firestorm

“I do not [snicker] doubt Nordland’s commitment to peace, however, considering what just happened to Slavorussia their suspicions are understandable.

Überstein may have been unwilling to cooperate with Greater Norland, but it doesn’t seem Mariehamms’ military was mobilizing for aggressive action. From Überstein’s actions I can further extrapolate the continued state of ‘war’ without action was a publicity ploy from Überstein, it wouldn’t be the first time.

What bothers me, however, is the ‘Greater’ Nordland Reich’s justification for the invasion, being ‘tired of being mocked’ should not be part of any cassius belli.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"First of all I would like to clear up some things, regarding the escalation to a new level Nordland has made it's policy quite clear we will not be the first one to fire however should even one Chemical, Biological or Nuclear Attack against Nordland be detected we will authorize the use of any and all weapons, further we have given the Baron enough chances to cooperate even now we have not proceeded to actually invade Mariehamm and have only conducted Aerial Attacks on Military targets the Baron can move to the peace table anytime however his refusal to even negotiate with a Nordlandic diplomat has made it quite clear peace are not his intentions.

Second, Slavorussia we have indeed rerouted Oil infrastructure but this was not something personal just National Security it is much more safe to have the flow of something as important as Oil go through your own territory again we have made little to no Military moves against Slavorussia until they Declared war upon us. Nordland as always is willing to negotiate but for negotiations to succeed both sides must be willing to compromise in our opinion the Baron is not willing to do that obvious from refusing to sign a Peace treaty returning to the Status Quo and enforcing non Agression. If we really wanted to own all of Europe why do we regularly grant Independence to nations who do not even align with us?

This whole war by Mariehamm is not to liberate Europe it is a grudge from an old Man with someone who isn't even in power anymore. Nordland does not oppress Europa we protect her

Please don’t lie to us. We built the oil pipelines and we know how they run. Would it have been so hard to allow an oil pipeline to travel through Slavorussia and negotiate a tax for us to use it? No, but instead you choked off all the oil because of some insane grudge you have against freedom loving people like the ones found in Slavorussia.

Secondly we did not declare war on Nordland, we offered to defend Mariehamm from your unchecked aggression. Shortly after that fact Nordic missiles sunk at least two passenger ships in the Gulf of Finland. For that fact alone we should declare war on you, but our purpose is to defend our allies. The guilt of murdering innocents is enough punishment for you.

Finally Nordland isn't protecting Europe, its creating situations to justify several invasions of their friendly neighbors so you can take the land and control the people and resources.

Despite all this we will still strive for peace, but we will defend ourselves and our allies in the process.

"Now boys, lets not get to worked up. I'm sure we can compromise and get this all sorted out so that everyone is happy. Let's just hear out what the fellow from GNR has to say. I see that Slavorussia wants an oil pipeline, and I suspect that can be worked out as well. Just keep an open mind here and let's get everything worked out without making threats or accusations."

Mama smiles at the fellow and prods the Aide to deliver the requested chicken. Now Mama has a soft spot in her heart and she can see this fellow is going to be facing a hostile crowd so she digs into her hamper and ladles up some of her special home cooked bake beans and okra for the nice boy. This is served along side of a slice of pumpkin pie and ice cream, greens, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and three large pieces of home cooked chicken. Mama Bob gives the Aide one of her infamous death stares and the Aide scuttles off to deliver the heaping plate of food.

She looks at the man and says, "Now look, I'm not at all in the know here. But I have to ask, What will it take to make you boys feel safe? I seem to remember my two sons fighting like hellcats because they felt threatened by each other. Now I'm not taking sides either, I just want to know if we can help you Nord fellers and this Baron feel safe on the same continent. You boys have any things that you particularly want to see happen?"

After eating the chicken he looks up.

"We do not even have exact terms for them the only thing we desire is for Mariehamm to come to the peace table with a genuine intent to negotiate, then we could both decide something mutually beneficial."

“I do not [snicker] doubt Nordland’s commitment to peace, however, considering what just happened to Slavorussia their suspicions are understandable.

Überstein may have been unwilling to cooperate with Greater Norland, but it doesn’t seem Mariehamms’ military was mobilizing for aggressive action. From Überstein’s actions I can further extrapolate the continued state of ‘war’ without action was a publicity ploy from Überstein, it wouldn’t be the first time.

What bothers me, however, is the ‘Greater’ Nordland Reich’s justification for the invasion, being ‘tired of being mocked’ should not be part of any cassius belli.”

"While I agree the wording was a bit wrong the constant insults are not the only reason, the mobilizations of by our estimations around 90,000-110,000 is a move to invade while we have strong Defenses we could not allow a single Nordlander to be hit in a surprise attack."

Please don’t lie to us. We built the oil pipelines and we know how they run. Would it have been so hard to allow an oil pipeline to travel through Slavorussia and negotiate a tax for us to use it? No, but instead you choked off all the oil because of some insane grudge you have against freedom loving people like the ones found in Slavorussia.

Secondly we did not declare war on Nordland, we offered to defend Mariehamm from your unchecked aggression. Shortly after that fact Nordic missiles sunk at least two passenger ships in the Gulf of Finland. For that fact alone we should declare war on you, but our purpose is to defend our allies. The guilt of murdering innocents is enough punishment for you.

Finally Nordland isn't protecting Europe, its creating situations to justify several invasions of their friendly neighbors so you can take the land and control the people and resources.

Despite all this we will still strive for peace, but we will defend ourselves and our allies in the process.

Would it be so hard to enter negotiations when we announced the new Policy?

Regarding your second point in fact you did while not specifically stating it this part of the speech

Slavorussia, being an observer of the True European Coalition, has a responsibility to prevent another European nation from being destroyed by the Nords. I have called the armed forces to alert, Slavorussia will defend Mariehamm, and the men and women who serve in our military will make us proud. We will fight to keep another nation free from slavery and fascism imposed upon us by the Nordic nations in Europe.

and the move of thousands of forces to a hostile nation are in fact equal to a Declaration of War.

Regarding your third point, would we have allowed the Slavic Empire to secede. Would we not invade the Welsh Empire before Proxia could assume the Government functions from it and would we even allow Slavorussia to be reinstated?

"While I agree the wording was a bit wrong the constant insults are not the only reason, the mobilizations of by our estimations around 90,000-110,000 is a move to invade while we have strong Defenses we could not allow a single Nordlander to be hit in a surprise attack."
“Like the sort of surprise attack Nordland carried against Slavorussia? Not everyone thinks with the paranoia of those who would carry such an attack, Mariehamm’s mobilizations were trivial compared to the collective strength of your Reich.

By all accounts Mariehamm was putting everything they had into a series of defensive installations. Apparently as a Generalissimo my analysis is superior to the collective GNR military intelligence apparatus, but sitting behind a massive defensive line does not constitute an effective preparation for a military offensive.”

Edited by Generalissimo

“Like the sort of surprise attack Nordland carried against Slavorussia? Not everyone thinks with the paranoia who those who would carry such an attack, Mariehamm’s mobilizations were trivial compared to the collective strength of your Reich.

By all accounts Mariehamm was putting everything they had into a series of defensive installations. Apparently as a Generalissimo my analysis is superior to the collective GNR military intelligence apparatus, but sitting behind a massive defensive line does not constitute an effective preparation for a military offensive.”

While in the end they would lose a move from a desperate man could still hurt. The respective Military Commands have come to the conclusion that mild force will prevent large casualties at both sides.

"Nordland's various Military Commands should have realized that if Überstein was going to invade such an attack would have already been carried out.

Powell Doctrine strategies of military consolidation only work when you’re larger than you’re opponent - or you’re coordinating with an allied force, an allied force Mariehamm didn’t have.

If Mariehamm was serious about invading Norland they would have hit you with everything they had before you could mobilize."

Edited by Generalissimo

"Look, everyone here is intent on either defending or attacking decisions that have been made. Let's look beyond that and try to decide what we can do to resolve the situation. I propose the following to get things started:

1) A DMZ between the Baron and GNR to be monitored by an International team.

2) GNR pays the cost of building the Baron a new house.

3) GNR and Slavorussia undergo their own separate discussion as their issues seem to be stemming from other problems.

4) The Baron agrees to refrain from publishing propaganda that describes the GNR in a negative light.

5) The GNR apologizes for its attacking the Baron and offers reperations for damages incurred in the fighting.

These are obviously starting points and are up to negotiation."

“It’s not just defending or attacking decisions that have been made, if we can get anyone – let’s say the Nords for example, to change their minds this conflict will be over even before the start of ground combat.

The forth article of your proposal is flawed as it prohibits circulation of the truth, otherwise it’s as good a place to start as any. You realize such a proposal would have to be accepted by the participating parties.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"When Uberstein declared the war in the first place, you said then you would not be the first to fire. If we couldn't believe you then (looking at your actions now), why should we believe anything you say now?"

"When Uberstein declared the war in the first place, you said then you would not be the first to fire. If we couldn't believe you then (looking at your actions now), why should we believe anything you say now?"

"Again we noticed forces at the border and frankly we could care less if you believe us or not as many in this room have already made their opinion about Nordland years ago"

"We’re not accusing Nordland of anything, they're just a little confused.

If the leaders of the Greater Nordland Reich can admit their misunderstanding and overestimation of Überstein’s threat, we can settle this now and end the bloodshed."

A thin man in a brown suit and red tie would walk in, "Hello, I am Aleksi Turunen, I am here to represent the Republic of Mariehamm. Sorry I am late, it is fairly hard to convince a civilian pilot to fly though a war zone. I have been given the authority to discuss peace terms and the unconditional surrender of the Nordic forces attacking the Republic of Mariehamm."

A thin man in a brown suit and red tie would walk in, "Hello, I am Aleksi Turunen, I am here to represent the Republic of Mariehamm. Sorry I am late, it is fairly hard to convince a civilian pilot to fly though a war zone. I have been given the authority to discuss peace terms and the unconditional surrender of the Nordic forces attacking the Republic of Mariehamm."

The Diplomat laughed at the last words of that line "Should you even consider that term it's useless to have these negotiations."

"Again we noticed forces at the border and frankly we could care less if you believe us or not as many in this room have already made their opinion about Nordland years ago"

'So you don't care that you made direct liars of yourselves? At least, that's how most of the people here are going to see it. And their build-up was, if I recall, in direct response to your own build-up at the border.

"We're not accusing Nordland of anything, they're just a little confused.

If the leaders of the Greater Nordland Reich can admit their misunderstanding and overestimation of Überstein's threat, we can settle this now and end the bloodshed."

"I am not accusing them of anything, simply asking a question. When it is answered to my satisfaction, I will refrain from asking it again."

Bill Worthington, a grizzled old man with gray hair and many years of fighting experience before becoming a diplomat and Xaristan's Consul of State, walked in, wearing a sharp black pinstripe suit, white shirt, and green tie.

"My apologies for the lateness. Our Deputy Consul of State took our best diplomatic plane to the World Peace Conference. Had a little engine trouble with the second one. Continue, please."

'So you don't care that you made direct liars of yourselves? At least, that's how most of the people here are going to see it. And their build-up was, if I recall, in direct response to your own build-up at the border.

"I am not accusing them of anything, simply asking a question. When it is answered to my satisfaction, I will refrain from asking it again."

"For crying out loud"the Diplomat said as he accessed Satellite Records of the Border at the time of mobilizations.

"As some Diplomats have difficulties hearing here are the images, see those red dots at the Border? Those are Mariehamm Soldiers as you notice the lines are filled with them just below them are Nordlandic Soldiers with their divisional tags added as I said before Border Patrol so at the time of their mobilizations there were little to no forces on the border there are similar images for around 4 days if you do not believe our records check your own satellites they will confirm it"

“I thought we already went over this, there’s no way those deployments were offense; [condescendingly] unless the leadership of the Greater Nordland Reich require remedial additional education of how to conduct military analysis, in which case I readily offer my services.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"For crying out loud"the Diplomat said as he accessed Satellite Records of the Border at the time of mobilizations.

"As some Diplomats have difficulties hearing here are the images, see those red dots at the Border? Those are Mariehamm Soldiers as you notice the lines are filled with them just below them are Nordlandic Soldiers with their divisional tags added as I said before Border Patrol so at the time of their mobilizations there were little to no forces on the border there are similar images for around 4 days if you do not believe our records check your own satellites they will confirm it"

OOC: Excuse me as I get the map of what we rolled your sat's saw.

You did NOT see my entire army. You saw 5 divisions. 50,000 troops. :P

DetectedDivisions.jpg

You can go look in the original topic if you like, Feliks and I decided that a dice roll was the best option of what nordic sat's saw, and this was the result. And yes, they are on my side of the boarder.

Edited by BaronUberstein

“I thought we already went over this, there’s no way those deployments were offense; [condescendingly] unless the leadership of the Greater Nordland Reich require remedial additional education of how to conduct military analysis, in which case I readily offer my services.”
“Looking at these GNR satellite images from we can see extensive entrenchment, the Mariehamm’s have spent a significant proportion of their military spending on massive border defenses, not the sort of deployment supporting an invading army.”

DetectedDivisions.jpg

Edited by Generalissimo