Memoirs: MCXA, Vox Populi, and the true meaning of loyalty.

Francesca

It's an internet game, you do whatever you need to or want to in order to enjoy it. If this means being hunted down, or ZI'd, so be it. As long as you had fun, or fulfilled what you believed to be right, that is all that matters.

Hmm, I think it's a good thing for me to NOT take this advice :v:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, could someone tell me just what sort of information did Francesca leak to attract so many condemnations of treason?

I could, but I'll leave that up to her. I will say that the information she shared with us wasn't all that damaging to MCXA, although quite illuminating and useful for overall strategy. I will note that you didn't see many screenshots coming out of MCXA and none of them came from her that I can recall. We had others who did that sort of thing.

Hmm, I think it's a good thing for me to NOT take this advice :v:

Do what you want. Of course don't take it to the extreme, but remember that it is just a game, and some of the things you do aren't "real" per se. Such as spying, being a part of the game to a degree and isn't literally affecting another human being badly, unless in some rarer cases possibly...

Of course if what you want to do is really out of order, then you wouldn't be playing a game like this, not for very long, anyway ;)

What the $%&@ are you doing on the internet

Well a honeymoon tends to be a month long... I'm guessing this is that week in the honeymoon where he gets to catch up on everything else ;)

And for what it's worth, as a government member of the 2nd-strongest blue team alliance (:smug:), I can without a doubt say that Fran's time in office in MCXA did more good for them and their image than any predecessors combined. She only ever came to the table with her alliance's best interests at heart, she had a no-BS approach, she was level-headed, she was fair, and she was honest. She has my respect.

I could, but I'll leave that up to her. I will say that the information she shared with us wasn't all that damaging to MCXA, although quite illuminating and useful for overall strategy. I will note that you didn't see many screenshots coming out of MCXA and none of them came from her that I can recall. We had others who did that sort of thing.

I see. Kinda suspected as much given the conspicuous absence of substance in the mud being slung tbh.

Did I ever tell you that I love you Fran? :wub:

This thread represents everything wrong about MCXA/TSO that I have frequently discussed in the past. I do not understand why there are people complaining in this thread about spying when most of their alliances likely have spies of their own.

Well, after going through the thread...it certainly was interesting.

Fran did what she thought was right, and what she thought was right for MCXA. Perhaps she was wrong, perhaps not, and perhaps her method was less the desireable, but that doesn't change her motive. Trying to paint her as doing what she did for her own benefit is silly. It's clear that her plans were to help MCXA, and it's membership, or atleast thats what she wanted them to do.

If a spy truly believes she is spying on her alliance for the good of her alliance, she is just a rather dull tool wielded by the enemy alliance receiving the information.

But in this case I find it more likely that the spy where just a plain old fashion defector. Spying for her own selfish goals, or the goals of her new alliance.

During my stay in the MCXA, I worked under Francesca. Though I was not a high ranking member, but I could easily see that Francesca was one of few who worked diligently to help the alliance, and I consider her a friend. Personally I left before she did.

It is frustrating when things don't go your way in the alliance you love.

I understand why you did the things you did, I won't blame you for it. It all comes down to trust and respect, and that are things you have to earn.

Good luck to you 'spy' Fran. :P

If a spy truly believes she is spying on her alliance for the good of her alliance, she is just a rather dull tool wielded by the enemy alliance receiving the information.

But in this case I find it more likely that the spy where just a plain old fashion defector. Spying for her own selfish goals, or the goals of her new alliance.

But all those times your leaders used spying to their advantage in MCXA, that didn't count because they did it right? Fran is hardly selfish. I recall numerous conversations with her where she legitimately wanted to save MCXA, despite my occasional insistence that such damage could not be undone. Unlike your clown leader SAM, who showed his true colours yet again by fleeing from MCXA before the Karma War, Fran actually gave a damn about the grunts.

Fran achieves what she wanted...being infamous.

I didn't like what TSO did and I stated it openly, nor I support what Fran did, after reading through all the drama, my opinion on Fran remains the same, as the one stated earlier.

Your accusation that Fran is an attention seeker is absolutely false. She went out of her way to help people she considered her friends, and was shunned unfairly. You have no basis behind this ludicrous statement other than the fact that you are a member of IRON and therefore are biased against Vox supporters.

Fran achieves what she wanted...being infamous.

I didn't like what TSO did and I stated it openly, nor I support what Fran did, after reading through all the drama, my opinion on Fran remains the same, as the one stated earlier.

I think in the end, this thread won't really change many people's opinions.

Those who supported TSO's formation will continue to support it regardless of what is shown or presented. Who needs credibility? STREET CRED IS FOR THE WEAK

So much for avoiding this thread.

There was no indication of war when we left MCXA

That's bullcrap. More than a few potential sparks for the current war had already been fed by the time TSO formed, in memory serves. The writing was spraypainted on the wall and polished to a sheen.

*exits

Edited by mythicknight

So much for avoiding this thread.

That's bullcrap. More than a few potential sparks for the current war had already been fed by the time TSO formed, in memory serves. The writing was spraypainted on the wall and polished to a sheen.

*exits

The problem with your theory is that you can't prove they're not incompetent. If they wanna say they didn't know, then you're pretty much boned.

I don't know the rest of the details of this story that well, but I found the OP to be an interesting and entertaining read.

To those of you crying about spying: You have no idea how much you owe people like Francesca for your current situation. You probably never will.

But all those times your leaders used spying to their advantage in MCXA, that didn't count because they did it right? Fran is hardly selfish. I recall numerous conversations with her where she legitimately wanted to save MCXA, despite my occasional insistence that such damage could not be undone. Unlike your clown leader SAM, who showed his true colours yet again by fleeing from MCXA before the Karma War, Fran actually gave a damn about the grunts.

I'm not defending or attacking the use of spying, that's not even close to the point. The point is that she is trying to pass of her spying as something she did for the good of MCXA, and that is a huge load of ...

But if she truly believed that, she was naive and was used by an enemy alliance, and thus damaged the MCXA in the process. But given her rush to usher members of MCXA over to other alliances, I'll still put my money on that she was a full blown traitor.