TPF notice.

A little bit of an overreaction on ES's part I would say.

It is pretty obvious that Slayer is leaving the game for personal reasons and having some fun on his way out. I think it is a stretch to imagine that this is a TPF approved war.

Common sense and respect. Learn it.

If Sponge hasn't learned respect yet, it's likely that he'll never learn. I can't blame TPF for not wanting to deal with Electron Sponge though.

Edited by Brandon Simonson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty obvious that Slayer is leaving the game for personal reasons and having some fun on his way out. I think it is a stretch to imagine that this is a TPF approved war.

I'm having to agree with Sir Wellington on this one. Say what you want about Slayer, but he would never do something that blatantly disrespectful to TPF, after he himself invested so much time and effort to the success of that alliance. Like many others before him, Slayer is simply going out with a bang. It really is a huge overreaction on Sponge's part.

I'm having to agree with Sir Wellington on this one. Say what you want about Slayer, but he would never do something that blatantly disrespectful to TPF, after he himself invested so much time and effort to the success of that alliance. Like many others before him, Slayer is simply going out with a bang. It really is a huge overreaction on Sponge's part.

I believe Sponge is satisfied with the manner in which TPF has handled this, so there's no need to worry about an overreaction. Good luck, TPF, I know from experience that moving forums can be a rough process.

Edited by Penguin

I'm not sure why you ask the Liquor Cabinet to respect someone who rogue attacks them on their way out (how many times has he retired now anyway?). Seeing as Slayer has a habit of making last minute comebacks it is entirely understandable that the Liquor Cabinet request Slayer's access as root admin and as channel operator on IRC be revoked to reflect his non-membership of TPF.

What was it you were saying about commonsense again?

If you feel it's an overreaction, it's not merely on Sponge's part. It's an overreaction of STA, NpO, and NSO, as well. All of the Frostbite alliances agreed that the best course of action was to ensure that Slayer does not retain membership in TPF. If he controls their boards while he's a rogue nation, we consider that membership.

It was discussed this morning and agreed upon that they'd take care of it. Frostbite as a whole is appreciative.

If you're judging Sponge harshly here, you're judging all 4 of our Frostbite alliances harshly, as we back him 100% in this matter.

Pretty much sums it up. As the new designated root admin wasn't available last night, I handed over root to him today. My apologies to mhawk and TPF for not doing it in a more orderly fashion. [OOC] The domain has already been transferred to JBone, the Donation button for the forums transferred to JBone and Monday-Tuesday I'll be transferring the hosting and IPB license to JBone. I'm done with PB...no time and I don't care anymore. [/OOC] As others will attest, I haven't been around much the last couple of months.

To sum up, I'm going out with a bang and I really don't care what anyone thinks about it...especially Spongebob, the Liquor Cabinet and the rest of the bloc (Sponge was for blocs, then against them, then for them?). Spongebob gets to enjoy a week's worth of nukes. I only attacked Fark to give them the pleasure of getting some measure of revenge on me after years of being a thorn in their side. ;) If it was up to me, a Fark nation would ride me to deletion. Fark brought me into the game...only fitting that they take me out.

It's tough to change around the forums when he has (now had) Root Admin...that has all been fixed and he does not anymore - it has been transferred over to another member. Site ownership and domain are also in the process of being transferred as well, so we should be keeping the same domain/forums.

Everything has been fixed and I wish Slayer well. On that note, Enjoy the Wings Slayer!

wings-defending.jpg

Edited by Desperado

If you feel it's an overreaction, it's not merely on Sponge's part. It's an overreaction of STA, NpO, and NSO, as well. All of the Frostbite alliances agreed that the best course of action was to ensure that Slayer does not retain membership in TPF. If he controls their boards while he's a rogue nation, we consider that membership.

It was discussed this morning and agreed upon that they'd take care of it. Frostbite as a whole is appreciative.

If you're judging Sponge harshly here, you're judging all 4 of our Frostbite alliances harshly, as we back him 100% in this matter.

Alright then, all four of you are wrong. Whether you intended it or not, this comment comes across as mildly self-important, and even possibly a veiled threat. I hope this doesn't become par for the course with Frostbite members. I've come to expect better from STA.

Even after Slayer has publicly stated that he's going to be retiring from ruling on Planet Bob? I think your argument is entirely disingenuous. It takes time to transfer control of the methods of communication for an alliance and I'm sure Sponge and the rest of the alliances knew that.

Fine. Consider yourselves judged harshly. It makes no difference to me.

Pretty much sums it up. As the new designated root admin wasn't available last night, I handed over root to him today. My apologies to mhawk and TPF for not doing it in a more orderly fashion. [OOC] The domain has already been transferred to JBone, the Donation button for the forums transferred to JBone and Monday-Tuesday I'll be transferring the hosting and IPB license to JBone. I'm done with PB...no time and I don't care anymore. [/OOC] As others will attest, I haven't been around much the last couple of months.

To sum up, I'm going out with a bang and I really don't care what anyone thinks about it...especially Spongebob, the Liquor Cabinet and the rest of the bloc (Sponge was for blocs, then against them, then for them?). Spongebob gets to enjoy a week's worth of nukes. I only attacked Fark to give them the pleasure of getting some measure of revenge on me after years of being a thorn in their side. ;)If it was up to me, a Fark nation would ride me to deletion. Fark brought me into the game...only fitting that they take me out.

I find it hilarious that Norton is hitting you. :lol1: Maybe he hasn't gotten over the whole TF! thing.

/can't wait for the memoirs to be released