TPF notice.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ooc]Membership of an alliance is not OOC, and masking on offsite is a good way to determine membership.[/ooc]

I disagree here. If I let a former member retain access to a forum, it does not mean he is a member, just that he is allowed to chat with his friends on our forums and, if curious, able to see how things are going with his old alliance. This is why I don't see how having access = being a member. If we gave diplomats the required mask to see our entire forums, it doesn't make them members.

Also, I don't see the Admin Wonder in and of itself being membership. If Mhawk went rogue next week and turned the alliance over to me (aside from that being a bad idea for a thousand reasons) I would have no choice but to let him retain Admin until I found someone else. Alternately, I could have an RL geek friend be root admin who doesn't play CN at all. I fail to see how said geek being Root Admin of an offsite forum = memberships in an IC alliance.

Which was the reason for the follow on question. I have more appreciation for Sponges position with an active player than I do a former player.

I disagree here. If I let a former member retain access to a forum, it does not mean he is a member, just that he is allowed to chat with his friends on our forums and, if curious, able to see how things are going with his old alliance. This is why I don't see how having access = being a member. If we gave diplomats the required mask to see our entire forums, it doesn't make them members.

Also, I don't see the Admin Wonder in and of itself being membership. If Mhawk went rogue next week and turned the alliance over to me (aside from that being a bad idea for a thousand reasons) I would have no choice but to let him retain Admin until I found someone else. Alternately, I could have an RL geek friend be root admin who doesn't play CN at all. I fail to see how said geek being Root Admin of an offsite forum = memberships in an IC alliance.

Which was the reason for the follow on question. I have more appreciation for Sponges position with an active player than I do a former player.

Would it completely put an end to this thread if I mentioned that about a year ago, alliances supported by TPF requested the removal of Electron Sponge's root admin access on the polar forums to prove that a coup had, in fact, taken place. We understood that it was necessary to demonstrate there were no shenanigans going on and we complied even though it was a lot more difficult to transfer forums and Sponge was not (to my knowledge) on any attack lists.

I have no problem if, for some reason, you want to give root admin back to Slayer after he has quit the game, if he comes back as a reroll, or if he negotiates peace and reparation terms acceptable to the Liquor Cabinet after going nuclear rogue against them. I don't know what else there is to say, Roadie, other than that your determination is admirable.

Would it completely put an end to this thread if I mentioned that about a year ago, alliances supported by TPF requested the removal of Electron Sponge's root admin access on the polar forums to prove that a coup had, in fact, taken place. We understood that it was necessary to demonstrate there were no shenanigans going on and we complied even though it was a lot more difficult to transfer forums and Sponge was not (to my knowledge) on any attack lists.

I have no problem if, for some reason, you want to give root admin back to Slayer after he has quit the game, if he comes back as a reroll, or if he negotiates peace and reparation terms acceptable to the Liquor Cabinet after going nuclear rogue against them. I don't know what else there is to say, Roadie, other than that your determination is admirable.

Well, I think it's best that I drop the matter at this point. With support for Hegemony being at an all time low, I don't want to risk causing any issue with CNs newest bloc while they're supporting Hegemony positions. That would be counterproductive. :P

It would be really nice if there was still that lock feature. The issue is totally resolved and now its just secondary sniping.

I'm just going to quote this for emphasis. Goddamn is this !@#$ utterly pointless.

If you know half the things Slayer has done behind the scenes, and no I don't mean the bait you took between him and mhawk, you'd know he's done a lot of good things for players in this game. Use the "Nordreich/Hegemony" junk all you want but he has been a kind person to those who know him.

Coming from you, who just recently brought up a conflict from 2007 to troll an alliance?

Cute.

[ooc]Maybe if we post "Epic Gravedig", it'll be one-a-them Jedi Mind Tricks® and the mods will lock the thread. Probably someone from IAA should make the post.[/ooc]

While Slayer99 fades from the battlefield, the war over control of his legacy will rage on. There are too many people that want a stake in determining who he was... too many that want to define him in a way that suits their purposes... his ghost will not rest easily, it seems.

Is this a dagger which I see before me,

The handle toward my hand?

Come, let me clutch thee!

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.

Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible

To feeling as to sight? or art thou but

A dagger of the mind, a false creation

Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?

I see thee yet, in form as palpable

As this which now I draw.

Show his eyes, and grieve his heart;

Come like shadows, so depart!

Pass unto the darkness that is the night.

/o zzzptm for a wicked reference

[ooc]Maybe if we post "Epic Gravedig", it'll be one-a-them Jedi Mind Tricks® and the mods will lock the thread. Probably someone from IAA should make the post.[/ooc]

While Slayer99 fades from the battlefield, the war over control of his legacy will rage on. There are too many people that want a stake in determining who he was... too many that want to define him in a way that suits their purposes... his ghost will not rest easily, it seems.

I think Slayer will have a large say in his legacy if he ever finishes his memoirs. I just hope he releases everything. Then everyone might get an idea of what Slayer dealt with and give him a fair evaluation. I'm not saying there weren't mistakes but he's not the villain everyone makes him out to be.

Is this a dagger which I see before me,

The handle toward my hand?

Come, let me clutch thee!

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.

Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible

To feeling as to sight? or art thou but

A dagger of the mind, a false creation

Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?

I see thee yet, in form as palpable

As this which now I draw.

Show his eyes, and grieve his heart;

Come like shadows, so depart!

Pass unto the darkness that is the night.

/o zzzptm for a wicked reference

You can't wash your hands of this.

I think Slayer will have a large say in his legacy if he ever finishes his memoirs. I just hope he releases everything. Then everyone might get an idea of what Slayer dealt with and give him a fair evaluation. I'm not saying there weren't mistakes but he's not the villain everyone makes him out to be.

Hmmm....'Release everything' would include the skeletons in his closet.

I doubt he wants to do that.

That makes absolutely no sense. On top of it I highly doubt TPF are a bunch of merchant sailors from ancient Lebanon.

They call residents of Phoenix, Arizona "Phoenicians. I figured that I could implement it here, given that they're called The Phoenix Federation.

Not the best transition OOC to IC. However, I can see I'm the only one who found it quite clever.

They call residents of Phoenix, Arizona "Phoenicians. I figured that I could implement it here, given that they're called The Phoenix Federation.

Not the best transition OOC to IC. However, I can see I'm the only one who found it quite clever.

Actually, and I dare say it is a little deviated from the OP, but it is pretty common on our boards to refer to Phoenicia, and to refer to ourselves as Phoenicians. There is a historical connection between the mythology of the Phoenix and the risen power of the Western Mediterranean. We dare not speak of the town in the desert, after what cliffclav did there on his last visit.

That said, in regards to the OP, I have nothing more to add.

Why does this story sound hauntingly familiar? TGE can totally feel you on this one.

Good luck with the move, guys, it's not easy, but I'm sure you'll come through better for the experience.

Actually, and I dare say it is a little deviated from the OP, but it is pretty common on our boards to refer to Phoenicia, and to refer to ourselves as Phoenicians. There is a historical connection between the mythology of the Phoenix and the risen power of the Western Mediterranean. We dare not speak of the town in the desert, after what cliffclav did there on his last visit.

That said, in regards to the OP, I have nothing more to add.

Also, I don't want a bunch of TPFers running around my desert. kplzthx.

When do the memoirs come out? I mean you've been preaching about them for over a year.

He's written the first two chapters (regarding his time in Fark) already. He's busy IRL though, so I dunno when he's gonna finish.

-Bama