TPF notice.

Even after Slayer has publicly stated that he's going to be retiring from ruling on Planet Bob? I think your argument is entirely disingenuous. It takes time to transfer control of the methods of communication for an alliance and I'm sure Sponge and the rest of the alliances knew that.

That whole "retiring forever and never looking back" trick only works once. After the 4th or so time it's pretty hard to take seriously. Yes, it does that time to transfer ownership. That's why a decent leader would take care of it all first and then make a disrespectful exit from the game.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer has made a terrible mistake and almost cost his alliance dearly. Fortunately, we at tLC are understanding and I am pleased to see TPF work with us in the situation. I find it odd that I was one of his targets nonetheless.

Unlike your hero Sponge, I wouldn't hold the forums over anyone's head. I already transferred the domain on Friday, Root Admin today, and hosting and forum license tomorrow or Tuesday.

Even after Slayer has publicly stated that he's going to be retiring from ruling on Planet Bob? I think your argument is entirely disingenuous. It takes time to transfer control of the methods of communication for an alliance and I'm sure Sponge and the rest of the alliances knew that.

If he has truly left this time then he has no need to be root admin of the TPF forum nor have channel operator status for their IRC channels. Requesting this be done to finalise his involvement in TPF is not an overreation. It is commonsense.

Unlike your hero Sponge, I wouldn't hold the forums over anyone's head. I already transferred the domain on Friday, Root Admin today, and hosting and forum license tomorrow or Tuesday.

Got to get that last dose of lies out of your system before you pretend to quit again, eh?

Please quit already and this time stay gone. You do no service to your former alliance by remaining here and burning off any good will they will gain by your removal.

That whole "retiring forever and never looking back" trick only works once. After the 4th or so time it's pretty hard to take seriously. Yes, it does that time to transfer ownership. That's why a decent leader would take care of it all first and then make a disrespectful exit from the game.

I'm not retired, I'm quitting...big difference from previously. And I've already taken the first steps to transfer everything over. You can call it disrespect...but I don't really care what you think. I'm having a bit of fun on my way out.

Most of the earlier retirements were for limited periods of time which were mentioned at the time. The only attempted permanent retirement was when Slayer handed the Evil Overlord position to JBone who held it for a few weeks until Slayer got more free time and JBone got busy.

[OOC] tl;dr - not everyone can adequately see the future and gauge their free time. [OOC]

If he has truly left this time then he has no need to be root admin of the TPF forum nor have channel operator status for their IRC channels. Requesting this be done to finalise his involvement in TPF is not an overreation. It is commonsense.

That has been resolved in case you haven't been paying attention.

See ya slayer. Its fun to go out with a bang :P

Cut the guy some slack hes quitting the game it makes no difference to him and TPF shouldn't be punished as the site ownership and root admin is being transferred

( OMG I am defending TPF )

Got to get that last dose of lies out of your system before you pretend to quit again, eh?

Please quit already and this time stay gone. You do no service to your former alliance by remaining here and burning off any good will they will gain by your removal.

Lies? Ivan admitted that he sent Sponge to talk Moo into resigning. The ONLY leverage Sponge had was the forums. Common sense over your typical kneeling at the cult of Sponge.

Lies? Ivan admitted that he sent Sponge to talk Moo into resigning. The ONLY leverage Sponge had was the forums. Common sense over your typical kneeling at the cult of Sponge.

This isn't the place for it slayer.

Well, I don't think slayer has had channel operator status in #tpf for awhile now. as for the other TPF channels, I wouldn't know. How would you know?

To: Random; feel free to do the same. I know I won't miss you. Go worship Sponge some more.

That has been resolved in case you haven't been paying attention.

I'm well aware of that. If you had bothered to follow the conversation you will see certain people claiming that Sponge requesting you relinquish root admin and channel operator status as an "overreaction". Hence me pointing out it is not an overreation but commonsense.

Pay attention before accusing others of not paying attention. ;)

As much as I hate Slayer, I can't wrap my brain around this post. It takes time to transfer ownership of these kind of things, being slightly more complicated than changing your Alliance Affiliation, and Slayer has already begun the transfer of these materials. I really doubt that he is lying about moving as fast as he can just to spite you. Way to be understanding.

I guess you missed that whole thing were the logs proving exactly when down got shown proving exactly what happened. And then everyone freaked out over the contents and used it to launch a war against Polaris. I guess no one sent you that memo.

I wish I had the ability to read logs and only see the part where Sponge is a badguy and not the part where he is proven to have not held anything over anyone. Please, teach us all this amazing skill of selective comprehension.

Well, I don't think slayer has had channel operator status in #tpf for awhile now. as for the other TPF channels, I wouldn't know. How would you know?

I wouldn't, the request was for him not to have channel operator status in TPF channels. If he already doesn't then it is moot. If he does, then that status should be revoked.

I guess you missed that whole thing were the logs proving exactly when down got shown proving exactly what happened. And then everyone freaked out over the contents and used it to launch a war against Polaris. I guess no one sent you that memo.

I wish I had the ability to read logs and only see the part where Sponge is a badguy and not the part where he is proven to have not held anything over anyone. Please, teach us all this amazing skill of selective comprehension.

You are the one with their head in the sand.

[OOC]Did you not see where ES threatened legal action when NPO took their forum database? :huh: [OOC]

Selective comprehension indeed.

Edited by Brandon Simonson

I believe Slayer was referring to the August coup.

I will refrain from commenting on my personal feelings on this, and just reiterate my wishes of luck to TPF.

To: Random; feel free to do the same. I know I won't miss you. Go worship Sponge some more.

He had SOP last night. And I don't plan to quit anytime soon actually. I have never claimed to quit and frankly I am still enjoying myself. When I decide that I am not having any fun anymore, I'll quit and be done with it. Looks like you are stuck here with me. You'll have to learn to deal with it, I guess.

As much as I hate Slayer, I can't wrap my brain around this post. It takes time to transfer ownership of these kind of things, being slightly more complicated than changing your Alliance Affiliation, and Slayer has already begun the transfer of these materials. I really doubt that he is lying about moving as fast as he can just to spite you. Way to be understanding.

If I were the owner of a large alliance forum and I had previously been their leader and one day I decided, you know what, it's time to quit. Time to go rogue. I would 1. Make sure my alliance was taken care of, aka giving them any information they need. 2. Pass over all forum/IRC credentials and 3. Properly and completely remove myself from the alliance in question so there would be less chance of harm befalling my beloved former home due to my actions.

Instead Slayer apparently started the process, attacked an alliance, and then went away so the current leadership was stranded with nothing to tell the leadership the attacked alliance. Sloppy to say the least and dangerous for the folks in TPF.

You are the one with their head in the sand.

[OOC]Did you not see where ES threatened legal action when NPO took their forum database? :huh: [OOC]

Selective comprehension indeed.

Yes, clearly the fact that Sponge threatened legal action after someone destroyed his forum proves that he held it over their heads previously...

uh... all I can do is repeat what I just told some friends on IRC.

<Random_Gone> logic means a different thing to folks like TPF

Alright then, all four of you are wrong. Whether you intended it or not, this comment comes across as mildly self-important, and even possibly a veiled threat. I hope this doesn't become par for the course with Frostbite members. I've come to expect better from STA.

While you're always welcome to think we're in the wrong, I have no idea where you're getting the self-importance, let alone the veiled threat.

I made a statement that Frostbite backs one of our members. He discussed the situation with all of us this morning, and then he went to TPF with what we had agreed was the best course of action.

Sponge can't join us in the conversation this evening to defend himself against the usual rubbish that gets tossed his way. As such, I felt it prudent to let you all know that bashing Sponge here is unfair. Instead, bash us all.

I'm sorry if you think I was threatening anyone. That's pretty absurd. Apparently, Sponge's evilness is so overpowering that all logic is moot.

Edited by pezstar

He had SOP last night. And I don't plan to quit anytime soon actually. I have never claimed to quit and frankly I am still enjoying myself. When I decide that I am not having any fun anymore, I'll quit and be done with it. Looks like you are stuck here with me. You'll have to learn to deal with it, I guess.

If I were the owner of a large alliance forum and I had previously been their leader and one day I decided, you know what, it's time to quit. Time to go rogue. I would 1. Make sure my alliance was taken care of, aka giving them any information they need. 2. Pass over all forum/IRC credentials and 3. Properly and completely remove myself from the alliance in question so there would be less chance of harm befalling my beloved former home due to my actions.

Instead Slayer apparently started the process, attacked an alliance, and then went away so the current leadership was stranded with nothing to tell the leadership the attacked alliance. Sloppy to say the least and dangerous for the folks in TPF.

Yes, clearly the fact that Sponge threatened legal action after someone destroyed his forum proves that he held it over their heads previously...

uh... all I can do is repeat what I just told some friends on IRC.

<Random_Gone> logic means a different thing to folks like TPF

Well slayer also enjoys Operator status in our IRC channel as well. Does that mean he has as much say as a member? No. It means that he's never online so it's not a pressing matter that needed to be handled.

Speaking of which, why would slayer having any status in any TPF channel have an effect on you, Sponge or tLC/Frostbite? I don't see anyone from Frostbite in there (could be wrong) and Slayer allows (usually) even his most ardent haters in the channel. Even Astronaut Jones/Greenacres is in the channel.

A rational conclusion is that Sponge/tLC wanted to publicly take a parting shot at Slayer.