A GGA Announcement

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will not hail nor damn this action, from the pattern they have set more change is on the way. The only thing that comes to mind is flip-flop but that doesn't seem to be fitting either.

I don't think this could have possibly been an easy choice for GGA. They have rolled w/ P since time immemorial. Where's bilrow in this thread? In any case.... Good luck GGA, I feel like every week I'm writing about how GGA is turning it around and a quality group. They have been for a long time, and I'm proud to have you guys on green w/ us.

This isnt really a huge surprise and doesnt change much.

All they did was cancle a treaty. Until they show real actions to change their ways from the ones of the past GGA is still the same as it has been for the past few years in my book. When they show some real change then Ill be impressed.

Didn't you already cancel the MADP on the first night of the war?

Individual treaty (MADP) was canceled. Due to Pacifica being attacked prior to the 72hrs had expired, the treaty was activated and therefor could not be canceled. At the time we were still allied through 1V, this time all treaties are severed.

This

And as a few others pointed out, why would only 2 Tri's sign something like this? I read somewhere that degenerate had resigned, but have you not appointed a 3rd?

Not at this time. We need to consider the candidates.

Good to see GGA. Viridia watches with eager eyes.

Thank you.

...hey what are you dong with that bottle of Ketchup.. why are you drooling like that... <backs away>

Okay, so this is just a withdrawal from 1V? Just making sure the web is right ;)

Due to the MDAP being activated before the 72-hour prior to cancellation was complete, the cancellation never materialized. This time both 1V and the GGA-NPO MDAP (and any other treaties which i may have forgotten) are canceled.

You might need to look up the definition of a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy is the act of being less critical of oneself than of others, usually by saying one thing and doing the opposite. I won't bore you with the dictionary's direct definition.

The people are here hailing and wishing good luck to an alliance that is almost collectively hated the world over by now. They say they are proud of GGA for making this move, completely ignoring their previous actions and words toward them. Universally mocked when they would make statements so inane it sterilized half the planet, the GGA became a running joke. However, because of one political move that the people approve of, we're suddenly supposed to love them?

Everyone is hailing them and wishing them well because they are withdrawing from a treaty with the NPO. Woo hoo. Huge step in the right direction... or is it? Everyone here is applauding them for an action universally scorned. Canceling on an ally in the midst of a war without being forced by terms was, if I recall, something that the masses railed against. So, why are we now giving them a pat on the back?

GGA has deserved everything they've gotten, and will perish alone and friendless... and I emphasize friendless, because I know most of the alliances applauding them have their own personal grudges against the GGA and wouldn't touch them with the fabled 39 1/2 foot pole of yore.

Hypocrisy is the act of being less critical of oneself than of others, usually by saying one thing and doing the opposite. I won't bore you with the dictionary's direct definition.

The people are here hailing and wishing good luck to an alliance that is almost collectively hated the world over by now. They say they are proud of GGA for making this move, completely ignoring their previous actions and words toward them. Universally mocked when they would make statements so inane it sterilized half the planet, the GGA became a running joke. However, because of one political move that the people approve of, we're suddenly supposed to love them?

Everyone is hailing them and wishing them well because they are withdrawing from a treaty with the NPO. Woo hoo. Huge step in the right direction... or is it? Everyone here is applauding them for an action universally scorned. Canceling on an ally in the midst of a war without being forced by terms was, if I recall, something that the masses railed against. So, why are we now giving them a pat on the back?

GGA has deserved everything they've gotten, and will perish alone and friendless... and I emphasize friendless, because I know most of the alliances applauding them have their own personal grudges against the GGA and wouldn't touch them with the fabled 39 1/2 foot pole of yore.

I respect your opinion Stormie, and I agree with much of it. People are not actually supportive of GGA, and are extremely wary of their actions as it progresses. They have to prove that they aren't the same alliance that they were in order to actually see any form of change in their overall political view. Personally, I don't think they will be able to, and they will die friendless, but every alliance deserves a chance if they are willing to take the first step, as GGA appears to be doing by this.

For me personally, this changes nothing on how I view GGA: They are still a joke and will continue to be one. They need to do massive internal reforms and foreign affairs work before they can even begin to see any form of praise beyond the brief and fleeting "THEY CANCELED ON NPO AND ARE THUS AMAZING". Only after that will people begin to actually change their opinions on GGA.

Hypocrisy is the norm these days, old friend.

What treaties does GGA actually have left?

I also refuse to applaud this announcement, as it should have come a long time ago, and given Mhawk's thread, it seems GGA's government is still completely inept (whoever the government even is, these days, no one seems to know).