Official Announcement of the CIS

None.

I believe Josh The Great was the MoD or some such at the time, ironic him of all people warring FPI for being to \m/ like.

Out of respect for Nintenderek who I became quite fond of at Vox I will pull back my more harsh statements and reserve judgement on this necro alliance until it has shown its nature, good or bad. Thats the best I can do. Know, there are more than a few watching.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Josh The Great was the MoD or some such at the time, ironic him of all people warring FPI for being to \m/ like.

Out of respect for Nintenderek who I became quite fond of at Vox I will pull back my more harsh statements and reserve judgement on this necro alliance until it has shown its nature, good or bad. Thats the best I can do. Know, there are more than a few watching.

Thank you Merrie. Also, Josh helped get the CIS you disliked attacked. He's the one who turned them in to NPO.

EDIT: Or so he has bragged in the past. I'm not sure if it is true, however I do know he had friends in FPI and was not in CiS at the time.

EDIT2: Spelling mistake in my first edit :P

Edited by Nintenderek

Thank you Merrie. Also, Josh helped get the CIS you disliked attacked. He's the one who turned them in to NPO.

EDIT: Or so he has bragged in the past. I'm not sure if it is true, however I do know he had friends in FPI and was not in CiS at the time.

It is true. There's also plenty more to it, but I'll let the LoSS gov tell it if they want to :)

Your CB for the FPI war was worse then NPO's CB in GW1.
First NPO had the best CB in the world for entering GWI. They did it to defend Tygaland and Polar after they took the appropriate measures to remind an idiotic asshat that his behavior towards senior Order leadership was unacceptable.

Second, did you actually read the CIS CB for FPI? Did anyone? Let me give you the highlights:

1. CIS takes FPI under their wings against the advice of their allies.

2. CIS protects FPI after several instances of FPI shooting themselves in the foot (including the famed "OOC episode").

3. FPI attempts to join the Black team bloc which is a rival of CIS's own bloc while still benefiting from their protection. After being confronted about it, they back down and apologize.

4. FPI cancels their protectorate with CIS without explanation and then starts redistributing their Senate votes, again without explanation.

What's the response? CIS feels hurt, indignant, and angry. CIS then declares war.

Now from where I'm standing, that looks like a valid CB.

First NPO had the best CB in the world for entering GWI. They did it to defend Tygaland and Polar after they took the appropriate measures to remind an idiotic asshat that his behavior towards senior Order leadership was unacceptable.

Second, did you actually read the CIS CB for FPI? Did anyone? Let me give you the highlights:

1. CIS takes FPI under their wings against the advice of their allies.

2. CIS protects FPI after several instances of FPI shooting themselves in the foot (including the famed "OOC episode").

3. FPI attempts to join the Black team bloc which is a rival of CIS's own bloc while still benefiting from their protection. After being confronted about it, they back down and apologize.

4. FPI cancels their protectorate with CIS without explanation and then starts redistributing their Senate votes, again without explanation.

What's the response? CIS feels hurt, indignant, and angry. CIS then declares war.

Okay, so I meant Polar's CB, I think everyone knew exactly what I meant though.

And yes, I did read the CB. 2 was a !@#$%* reason and although how FPI handled 3 and 4 was quite poor, it was not a valid CB for a curbstomp. If they wanted to go a different direction, they should have been able to.

If everyone declared war over that... ;)

Edit: NPO's CB over GWI was still crap

Edited by WarriorConcept

And yes, I did read the CB. 2 was a !@#$%* reason and although how FPI handled 3 and 4 was quite poor, it was not a valid CB for a curbstomp. If they wanted to go a different direction, they should have been able to.
2 was a @#$%&* reason? Again please read. Read.

CIS did not attack over "OMG OOC ATTACKS." CIS attacked because when other people did want to attack over that !@#$%^&*, they stopped them and FPI responded to this protection by trying to join a rival black team bloc and then committing other acts of crapping on their protectors.

If everyone declared war over that... ;)
Having hurt feelings shouldn't count as a legit CB. Or if it does, nearly every war is now legit. :)
Perhaps.

I just get very, very vexed when people purposely misconstrue the FPI CB into some insane moral crusade aimed at eliminating OOC attacks everywhere.

Edit: NPO's CB over GWI was still crap
Duffman had it coming :P Edited by Fallen_Fool

trying to keep track of Josh the great's alliance hopping is like trying to count grains of sand on the beach, you can give it a go, but your going to end up quite frustrated. I stopped counting at 10 or so, and that doesnt include the multiple re admissions into several of those alliances.

Edited by mike717

Confederacy of Independent States is not Confederacy of Imperial States. We are a different set of people. Most of us are members of the original CIS, before the reformation and then the merge. In my case, I'm a completely new face. Hatred can be forwarded to those who merged away the CIS and then ran the Confederacy of Imperial States into the ground. As for us, we do our best to live up to the original Confederacy of Independent States of 2006. As far as we are concerned, the FPI War has nothing to do with Confederacy of Independent States, only Confederacy of Imperial States.

TLDR; Confederacy of Independent States and Confederacy of Imperial States are different. Make the distinction, kthanxbai.

And whatever may have happened 2 years ago with the old Confederacy of Independent States (it was before my time so I wouldn't know), from my own personal experience I can attest that both Kas and Zocane did an admirable job running TOH and I see no reason why they won't do the same with the new CIS.

Yes
I'm with WC on this.

The CB was good enough for GATO, ODN and all of those alliances that were ready to dump LUE had we not pulled the trigger a little too fast.

It seems the NPO has forgotten this time how not to be baited into declaring war, though.

When CIS was wiped out "way back when", they were under different leadership. The new CIS is under the original leadership, both of its founders.

You all keep bashing Kas for talking of merging into VE, saying he "crumbled under pressure". The second CIS was the product of a merge and "crumbled under pressure" when they heard NPO was going to attack them, and they promptly disbanded.

Spoken like a true ignoramus. CIS was in the middle of discussing a disbandment before One Vision came calling. It's hard to keep going for over a year when the most powerful alliance in the game wants nothing more than to see your alliance dead.

Edit

It's amazing to see how many people who know nothing (or next to nothing) about CIS acting like they know its entire history. KasMage ran it into the ground; Spak, QS, and everyone else who was involved in the second phase of its leadership did not. CIS was destroyed because of the hatred that NPO held for it, and because of the image it was given by NPO's far-reaching propaganda.

KasMage is NOT a good leader. He did nothing good for CIS, other than found it, and I'm sure plenty of people would view that as mistake #1. After he left, despite a hell of a lot of problems, CIS continued to exist, and lived in relative prosperity until NPO finally got their way.

Edited by A Soviet Attack

No, Confederacy of Imperial States was run into the ground because of the FPI War and the fact that CIS merged with IMU in the first place. The facts remain that CIS disbanded and was going to be crushed by NPO under Spak and QS's leadership, which, I will add, was attained by asking Kas to step down. CIS died under their leadership.

lol, how was the merge with IMU a bad thing?

I'm going to make no excuses for the FPI war, since I never supported it and wasn't in CIS when it happened, but it didn't hurt CIS in the way you seem to think it did.

CIS died after a hell of a long time under their leadership, whereas if Kas had remained in charge, it would have died about two days later. And yes, it was achieved by Kas being asked to step down. What a relief.

KasMage ran it into the ground; Spak, QS, and everyone else who was involved in the second phase of its leadership did not. CIS was destroyed because of the hatred that NPO held for it, and because of the image it was given by NPO's far-reaching propaganda.

KasMage is NOT a good leader. He did nothing good for CIS, other than found it, and I'm sure plenty of people would view that as mistake #1. After he left, despite a hell of a lot of problems, CIS continued to exist, and lived in relative prosperity until NPO finally got their way.

He did nothing good for CIS? What? Are you kidding me? Ogodai, if he did nothing good, then why are there people that would follow him to the gallows?

KasMage is the best leader I have ever had the privilege to serve under.