Official Announcement of the CIS

I already accepted that he formed CIS. If that's good leadership then every single player of this game has it in him. Also, the people who ASKED (not "told) Kas to step down had no authority to enforce it. He left because he knew his support was gone and that if he had refused, he'd have lost the election anyway.

The way I understand it, the only reason he would have lost the election is because Spak went around telling people not to vote for him, and they listened to the first government member to tell them to do something. How would you put this. "If that's good leadership then every single player of this game has it in them?" I mean seriously, that means nothing. In fact, it seems pretty cheap to me. If I was a leader in that alliance, I probably would have asked to put Spak on trial for it.

Already covered the part about us disbanding, read page #8 (or maybe #7). Also, when I was in charge of the CIS bank, I developed a very good friendship with FPI, as I like to think |Jason8| and that guy from Tcox who's name I forget would testify. However, they were never part of CIS's internal community, and that should go without saying.

The friendship obviously fell apart and I truly regret that, even if I wasn't there to see it happen.

That guy from Tcox would be either Kicken, or Nathan_Hale, both good buddies of mine, and both would say other wise.

Edited by Nintenderek

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it, the only reason he would have lost the election is because Spak went around telling people not to vote for him, and they listened to the first government member to tell them to do something. How would you put this. "If that's good leadership then every single player of this game has it in them?" I mean seriously, that means nothing. In fact, it seems pretty cheap to me. If I was a leader in that alliance, I probably would have asked to put Spak on trial for it.

I think you might be quoting me out of context there, or maybe I'm just not understanding you. Anyway, CIS wasn't just a big Spak vs Kas showdown. The way you understand it is incorrect, basically. People wouldn't have voted for Kas because they had eyes like anyone, not because Spak would have told them not to (I'm pretty sure that never happened, by the way).

Confederacy of Independent States is not Confederacy of Imperial States. We are a different set of people. Most of us are members of the original CIS, before the reformation and then the merge. In my case, I'm a completely new face. Hatred can be forwarded to those who merged away the CIS and then ran the Confederacy of Imperial States into the ground. As for us, we do our best to live up to the original Confederacy of Independent States of 2006. As far as we are concerned, the FPI War has nothing to do with Confederacy of Independent States, only Confederacy of Imperial States.

TLDR; Confederacy of Independent States and Confederacy of Imperial States are different. Make the distinction, kthanxbai.

I don't care. You both sucked epically, and I always considered both iterations the same thing, only with different window dressing.

One of them had a leader who was a mole in the WUT High Command forums, and the other...The other frankly pissed me the hell off with it's idiocy.

You were both the same thing, as I said before, it was different window dressing at best, since we all know that the reason for the name change was for a..."Fresh Start" was it? If I remember correctly?

The Original CIS was an incompetent laughingstock, and the second CIS was curbstomped by the NPO. I don't recall caring whatever the "I" stood for at the time as long as it was the same community acting that way. Congratulations, I now am secretly hoping for your demise.

Or is it openly?

Whatever.

Nathan Hale. That's the one. And I really hope he wouldn't claim that there was never a friendship, because there was. FPI used to let me in their government channel, for one thing, so that seems like friendship imo.

Kevanova, don't bother lecturing me on loyalty to CIS. I'd hate to remind you why we were kicked out of The Initiative.

I think you might be quoting me out of context there, or maybe I'm just not understanding you. Anyway, CIS wasn't just a big Spak vs Kas showdown. The way you understand it is incorrect, basically. People wouldn't have voted for Kas because they had eyes like anyone, not because Spak would have told them not to (I'm pretty sure that never happened, by the way).

I'm sorry, I did indeed have my facts wrong now that I've checked my records. Canadian Mind was the one telling everyone to vote against KasMage. Spak is just the one who asked him to leave.

Kevanova, don't bother lecturing me on loyalty to CIS.
I love hearing the guy who left the CIS probably eight times telling me that I abandoned it.

Should you be allowed to lecture anyone about loyalty, Ogodai? Not just the CIS, but anyone ever in your life.

Should you be allowed to lecture anyone about loyalty, Ogodai? Not just the CIS, but anyone ever in your life.

No, probably not, I've made a hell of a lot of mistakes in my time. Hence me not lecturing anyone on loyalty. Who are you?

Why are you trolling us, Chron? If you are just going to insult us rather than debate (like Ogodai and I have been doing), then you have no business here.

I'm not trolling and I'm not debating. These are the "Alliance Announcements" forums not the "Alliance Discussion/Diplomacy" forums. What I am doing is making my feelings on this matter clear.

And that is that I, personally, feel both iterations of CIS were terrible. I wish you luck in improving your image from what it was, rather than focusing on rose-tinted nostalgia to guide your path.

Also, KasMage :lol1:

Actually I'm fairly sure the records will show he was in fact my prom date.

Nothing weird about it.

Two prom dates?!? We've fallen into a sitcom episode! Someone do something!

No, I'm making an "in joke". I like to think QuickSurfer will see that comment and make some sort of reply.

At this point your still not denying what I said, or saying it was true. The reason KasMage left is mostly because you, Spak, Quicksurfer and CM wanted him gone. The reason he would have lost that election was CM and then Spak asked him to leave before the end of the election.

I'm not trolling and I'm not debating. These are the "Alliance Announcements" forums not the "Alliance Discussion/Diplomacy" forums. What I am doing is making my feelings on this matter clear.

And that is that I, personally, feel both iterations of CIS were terrible. I wish you luck in improving your image from what it was, rather than focusing on rose-tinted nostalgia to guide your path.

Also, KasMage :lol1:

Fair enough, and thank you for the luck wishes.

At this point your still not denying what I said, or saying it was true. The reason KasMage left is mostly because you, Spak, Quicksurfer and CM wanted him gone. The reason he would have lost that election was CM and then Spak asked him to leave before the end of the election.

FACT: I had not ascended to any form of government by this point. I was just another faceless member.

I don't think you understand the point of democracy. He was going to be voted out because he was unpopular. What's your point?

FACT: You were a member and you did support them, and became government quickly after.

FACT: QuickSurfer was utterly uninvolved with the whole situation, and didn't become government until at least two months after. I say two months because I remained in CIS for another two months after Kas left and he wasn't gov at any point during that time. After that, I don't know.

Edit: Stop trying to act like you know the facts, derek. You weren't there and you're arguing with people who were there.

Edited by A Soviet Attack

FACT: You were a member and you did support them, and became government quickly after.

Yes, who could fathom being elected in a democratic alliance, heresy at best.

Kasmage's woefully inept leadership lead the alliance to within an inch of its life. The fact that we carried on for two more years, while amassing some 300+ members and 3.5million+ NS is testament to the hard work of all involved.

I don't think you understand the point of democracy. He was going to be voted out because he was unpopular. What's your point?

He was unpopular because you guys made him unpopular. That's my point.

Edit: Stop trying to act like you know the facts, derek. You weren't there and you're arguing with people who were there.

Thanks to some backdoor conversations, I currently know more then you do about the situation involving possession of some logs you have not seen.

Kasmage's woefully inept leadership lead the alliance to within an inch of its life. The fact that we carried on for two more years, while amassing some 300+ members and 3.5million+ NS is testament to the hard work of all involved.

You mean his leadership during the war that his MoD should have been helping with but didn't? Also, KasMage never purposely accepted anyone on a EZI or PZI list. As much as I dislike such lists, even I know to respect alliances I am allied with or have one point been allied with when it comes to such lists.

Edited by Nintenderek

He was unpopular because you guys made him unpopular. That's my point.

What? He was unpopular WITH us, because he was incompetent. We were the electorate.

I refer you to the edit in my previous post.

Edited by A Soviet Attack