We who dream

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Francesca: Good luck finding a new alliance after this one. Not too many are going to be looking for people willing to improve their alliance in the back. Hope VE don't need improving.

While I disagreed with Vox on many things (and why not, I missed my old status quo), they did bring a little bit of colour and light to the world. Like many circuses. Though, I doubt their influence was as big as they make out, I don't want to wee on their parade.

Edited by Hymenbreach

They lost 65% of their NS because they fought on the Hegemony side of the war. I'm not knocking them for that...they, specifically Dr. Fresh, were the ones who got the rest of the Coward Coalition to come back and fight. But you can't blame Fran for their strength loss. That's rather unfair, wouldn't you say?

She joined an alliance that fought MCXA in the war. Assuming she was loyal to VE, I'd hope she'd be responsible for at least part of their strength loss, given that she was at war with them.

I'm not questioning anything here except her professed desire to die for MCXA, mind.

Fran had left before the war anyway, MCXA driving itself into the wall wasn't her responsibility.

I do have a question though. Vox are well known to have been spying on several alliances (including Citadel). Do you expect those alliances to simply pardon the spies it they find out who they are?

I hope so. They know why we did what we did. Most of those who passed information to us did not do so out of disloyalty to their alliance, they did it our of desperation for a different course in the future. If their government made them feel that hopeless with their direction then that is their responsibility. There were mistakes on all our parts but now that the whole thing is said and done I hope we can all be forgiven. Besides,

[00:00] <Moo-Cows> you know as well as I that every alliance accepts information

That's all we really did. Our support was from the shadows, our unsung heroes. Planted spies can only go so far.

Well with all of these high fives for vox I now say to you all. Take in those members you praise so highly here, put them into your govt. (for as you all so clearly state here, they are men of honor) let them help guide your alliances in the direction that best suits their needs.

For those of you who think they are done, welcome them into your home, feed them, share with them all the information that fuels them.

Well with all of these high fives for vox I now say to you all. Take in those members you praise so highly here, put them into your govt. (for as you all so clearly state here, they are men of honor) let them help guide your alliances in the direction that best suits their needs.

For those of you who think they are done, welcome them into your home, feed them, share with them all the information that fuels them.

Ok

*Has a Vox founder in gov*

@Francesca: Good luck finding a new alliance after this one. Not too many are going to be looking for people willing to improve their alliance in the back. Hope VE don't need improving.

While I disagreed with Vox on many things (and why not, I missed my old status quo), they did bring a little bit of colour and light to the world. Like many circuses. Though, I doubt their influence was as big as they make out, I don't want to wee on their parade.

I would gladly offer her a spot in my alliance if it were up to me.

Sounds good, the game has benefited greatly from their actions.

You may not agree with how they went about their business but they had the biggest hand in helping the world change so we all aren't under the boot of tyrannical jerkwads. The world is going to be an interesting place for at least the next 6 - 9 months. I look forward to it.

With all due respect to the former Vox Dei, Wednesday is not Thursday. So, depending on your perspective, here we are either one day late or on time: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2852645/the_futility_f_vox/

It's not Spielberg, but I made it as harrrrrrrrd as I could.

ffffffffffffff we passed that charter amendment about the Vox Dei changing days with the spoken word.

Edited by Schattenmann

I for one would be appalled if I were ever to discover that someone who had worked on Vox's behalf was in my government, and I appeal to the Cyberverse as a whole to let me know if this should ever happen.

And thus, the turnip laughs. :lol1:

EDIT: Actually, it's more like a rutabaga.

Edited by kingzog

I for one would be appalled if I were ever to discover that someone who had worked on Vox's behalf was in my government, and I appeal to the Cyberverse as a whole to let me know if this should ever happen.

And thus, the turnip laughs. :lol1:

EDIT: Actually, it's more like a rutabaga.

you have kingzog in your alliance sir

you have kingzog in your alliance sir

Then I pledge that so long as I am Kaiser of Nordreich, he shall never be put into a position of authority.

I thank you for this intel, and sentence you to EZI for having clearly spied on my alliance.

Your actions fighting on the other side in the war from MCXA helped the MCXA lose roughly 65% of its total nation strength, while you lost about 28% of your own. You can possibly justify your actions, but saying that you would have died for MCXA is kind of belied by the fact that you didn't, while having an excellent opportunity to.

MCXA forced Francesca out before they drove themselves into the wall, as Bob put it (though I'd say "while")--they never accused her of being a Vox Populi agent, the gov just got tired of her tireless efforts to improve the alliance. Once the alliance cut her off, she had no obligations to them. It's like your kid that you lvoe so much that starts shooting herione. You can only clean the mess up so many times before it's time to let the cops handle it. Francesca and many others have done their best for MCXA, but at the end of the day the old guard refuses to let the tide come in and Fran nor anyone that gets dropped has any obligation to defend Dr Fresh (no, not MCXA, but Dr Fresh) or his policies which have led to the direct position that MCXA is in now. Francesca's obligations lie with VE now, and you see her fulfilling them. And the comparison between her individual NS loss and MCXAs asa whole is a laughable attempt at mathiness.

Fran had left before the war anyway, MCXA driving itself into the wall wasn't her responsibility.

I do have a question though. Vox are well known to have been spying on several alliances (including Citadel). Do you expect those alliances to simply pardon the spies it they find out who they are?

We do not expect the alliances to find out who they are. Most spies were not plants sent on assignment; they were members who fed information. They kept fighting for their alliance, they kept voting in elections, they kept sending aid, they kept fulfilling every obligation to their alliance. If they are unknown to their government at this point in time, then I expect that they will remain in their alliances just as the Continuum spy has remained in his alliance (unless we had the most quite expulsion and ZI ever). If they hate their alliance and were only staying there as a stategic advantage to Vox, then I imagine they will move on and no one will ever be the wiser.

With all due respect to the former Vox Dei, Wednesday is not Thursday. So, depending on your perspective, here we are either one day late or on time: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2852645/the_futility_f_vox/

It's not Spielberg, but I made it as harrrrrrrrd as I could.

ffffffffffffff we passed that charter amendment about the Vox Dei changing days with the spoken word.

I like what I see.

Correction, I love it!

Edited by Angrator