Grand Global Alliance Terms of Surrender

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they switch AAs but remain GGA, then yeah. But I read it as "if a gov leaves and comes in on the Hegemony side, GGA gets attacked." Could someone please clear this up so my ego will be quiet? XD

I can't imagine Athens would do that. But anyway.

I must say I'm glad this front of the war has ended for =LOST=. The two GGA nations I fought nuked me a total of 5 times this war and caused far more damage than the 3 NPO nations have against me.

I salute GGA for a well-fought war despite the overwhelming odds against them.

Also,

o/ Athens!

o/ =LOST=!

o/ Vanguard!

o/ Fly!

o/ CnG!

o/ FOUND!

o/ Stickmen!

Edited by Mandellav

You know, I hope that the "financial/tech reps only to defending parties" thing catches on. I've always thought that if you're the aggressor in a war, you shouldn't be charging your opponent for defending themselves, and you should've been in the war for some reason beyond loot.

Congrats all on achieving peace.

Trhoughout M*A*S*H's history, we have NEVER demanded reps from an alliance war. It's been traditional to offer white peace after a solid beatdown. We've found it helps defuse any possible resentments.

[OOC] DR. STEEL IS YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! JOIN THE TOY ARMY!!![/OOC]

Flonker, I mean this is the best possible way. I want to be like you when I grow up. :wub:

The terms state:

To facilitate the payment of reparations, aid transactions from outside the alliance may not be accepted by GGA members until the reparations have been paid in full. Aid transactions from outside the alliance which are mistakenly accepted must be returned to the sending party.

How do the Karma forces intend to enforce this if issues arise? Consider the single GGA member to be in breach? Or would you plan to take action against the recipient, also?

I'm wary that your terms are not simply terms for GGA, but rather for all of Bob. While I really don't expect to receive aid from GGA, I have no obligation to return that aid, unless you are supposing that this pact, to which neither me, my alliance, nor even close allies are signatories, is applicable to me.

My ego keeps trying to tell me that I'm the reason for the "if a gov member re-enters, the whole alliance does" terms popping up everywere, but I doubt it. :P While I may be a tad biased, I don't like that term... Punishing an alliance for something someone does after they leave and are no longer GGA's responsibility? Huh? But other than that, fair terms. Congrats GGA on peace, and good luck rebuilding.

-Bama

Maybe because some leaders have jumped ship to fight then jumped back?

congrats karma, i am eating my words.

with the exception of the npo, gga was the last alliance i expected to get off with any sort of light terms, and they probably deserved crippling terms more than anyone. to see this... well, it shows that (most of) karma is serious about ending the past cycles of extortion.

im not exactly sure why athens alone got reps in this. in my opinion, demanding reps from anybody besides the primary aggressor (in this case npo) and demanding payments to anyone besides the primary victim (in this case ov) is still extortion, unless there is a detailed reason that these are for a historic crime committed by gga against athens in the past.

im reserving judgment until this war is finally over, but if karma keeps doing things like this, well, perhaps they are serious about change.

or perhaps they're trying to make friends in time for citadel vs superfriends, but only time will tell on that one, won't it :P