Grand Global Alliance Terms of Surrender

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats karma, i am eating my words.

with the exception of the npo, gga was the last alliance i expected to get off with any sort of light terms, and they probably deserved crippling terms more than anyone. to see this... well, it shows that (most of) karma is serious about ending the past cycles of extortion.

im not exactly sure why athens alone got reps in this. in my opinion, demanding reps from anybody besides the primary aggressor (in this case npo) and demanding payments to anyone besides the primary victim (in this case ov) is still extortion, unless there is a detailed reason that these are for a historic crime committed by gga against athens in the past.

im reserving judgment until this war is finally over, but if karma keeps doing things like this, well, perhaps they are serious about change.

or perhaps they're trying to make friends in time for citadel vs superfriends, but only time will tell on that one, won't it :P

I've been expecting you. Reps are generally a part of terms. We didn't impose any sort of time limit or any other variable that would make it easier for them to violate terms should that condition not be met. We also talked about working things out should they have trouble paying. I've known more than a few (RL) extortionists in my day and they don't behave that way. This just proves that you can ask for reps without being "harsh" or just plain "being a dick" about it. Which anyone who was there can tell you, we most certainly weren't.

And for everyone else. The GGA I saw today is vastly different than the GGA we've seen in the past. I'm convinced that their best days are ahead of them and hope that they understand we hold them in the highest respect. They fought hard and people should recognize that.

Who actually believes GGA will recover, terms or no terms? Should GGA somehow do so without massive outside aid, I will gladly eat these words.

I don't expect them to reach anywhere near pre-war strength for quite a long time, if ever. They may recover in other ways, but nothing like before.

Who actually believes GGA will recover, terms or no terms? Should GGA somehow do so without massive outside aid, I will gladly eat these words.

I feel there is a good chance of GGA surprising you. Ancient alliances die hard.

It's almost like people hate us or something. Isn't war supposed to get those feelings out of your system?

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than you !@#$@#$ up and losing to get those feelings out of our system.

Fair terms. Hopefully they can put the incompetence leading up to this war behind them and get their ship in order. I would liked to have seen some acknowledgment of the crap that ironchef pulled to get MK in to the noCB war, but I e-raged about that in the Valhalla thread and don't want to start it up again here.

Congrats and good luck.

Unnecessary. And wrong, at least for us in Athens. Karma is, above all things, about a better way.

Peace.

This is good to see, and respectable. While I'm never a fan of pulling reps out of alliances following treaties, a genuine interest in breaking the circle of hate is a good thing.

Cheers.

Complaints & Grievances plus Stickmen: Getting things done properly since forever.

Very displeasing. Only NPO is less deserving of leniency than GGA. Alas, youse guise fought them so its up to you...

I can't wait to do this all over again in 12 months.

I, for one, look forward to doing this all over again in twelve months. The Cyberverse would be rather boring without conflict. I did notice another post of yours where you claimed that Karma may not be the victorious coalition next time around. Ignoring the fact that Karma will cease to exist shortly after the Karma War concludes, what you claim may be correct; some of those now imposing surrender terms may be on the receiving end sometime down the road. The onus is upon the victorious alliances to remain vigilant - do not become complacent, do not allow yourself to be outmaneuvered, and do not weaken your position through senseless wars while the real opponent is carefully observing and waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

These terms seem very lenient on alliance that has causes so much trouble.

Taking into consideration the level of destruction rightfully inflicted upon GGA, these surrender terms are reasonable. As far as I see it, the GGA front has been the most sensible so far; annihilate your enemy on the battlefield, and follow it up with terms that reconcile fairness with justice.

Edited by Revanche

Glad to see terms that don't violate the UJA Treaty held between VE and GGA. GGA fought well and hard and I think they finally found themselves to be a better alliance as being independent. GGA should have never felt like they needed NPO's protection.

Good show Athens and GGA.

No incoming aid for 90 days, for one.

However, they don't have to take up any aid slots sending out tech/cash and can focus on rebuilding themselves solely. Those terms mattered more before wonders and huge warchests made rebuilding a breeze.