Has the hatred between two sides lessened?

shahenshah

Has the hatred between two sides lessened?  

454 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm not too certain about it. Maybe the war's letting some people let go of their anger at whoever's on the other side of the cruise missile, but some others are relishing things, and perhaps the hate and anger is crystalising into contempt of thought, deed, other people, and so on. It's hard to say, but I've usually found myself seeing more negativity (or noticing it more). And just because the hate's gone down doesn't mean it's forgotten; I've found myself questioning certain posts. And I dare anyone to actually find any post I've made that's arrogant chest-beating. (Tho I've been called a propogandist a few times..)

I just found a holier-than-thou post. That might count as arrogant chest-beating.

I remember being in Pacifica during the last Radio Silence...I hated it, to you Pacificans reading this topic. I hope to see you out of that soon!

man radio silence always suck. course i don't think i really ever bothered to listen to that as a Polar except most of the last war.

anyways, this is one of the first wars i have actually seen where trolling was not a normal sight. GPW, GWII, GWIII, UjW, and SPW had a lot of trolls everywhere. this one is fairly civil and without many trolls that i have seen. the fact that not every discussion (though like 95%) are about the war or the postwar future is quite interesting.

War as catharsis. It happens occasionally.

Also I think that the low signal to noise ratio has drowned out a lot of the personality conflicts which tend to drive the taunting and other forms of 'undesirable' behavior. More people are posting which doesn't allow the sort of forum jousting that goes on in peacetime.

Once this war settles down, we'll see quiet for a short while and then the rivalries will start back up fresh. I do believe we'll see some interesting bedfellows postwar.

ES is correct for the most part.

Though, seriously who can be bothered trolling, when you've got squads to co-ordinate. :P

Edited by rishnokof

TBH, I have a number of people I now dislike just because of their posting. I've only come to dislike two alliances and SSSW18 didn't fight them.

We'll just have to see how things play out to see if I get a chance to hit them sometime in the future.

I'm sure a lot of people fighting against Karma were caught on the wrong side and don't necessarally agree with the political origins of war - but are simply fighting because they support their alliance first and foremost.

I'm sure a lot of people fighting against Karma were caught on the wrong side and don't necessarally agree with the political origins of war - but are simply fighting because they support their alliance first and foremost.

I think the nonsense at the start of this war is very plain evidence to support your statement.

I won't be happy celebrate until they disband.

I'm happy they got de-throned, never liked NPO and never will. But im not gonna whine about it...

However, no one get their hopes up till they disband. The NPO is like a $@roach that keeps crawling back up out of the toilet, no matter how many time you flush the damn thing.

EDIT: Why does it block out c-o-c-k-r-o-a-c-h?

Edited by Jason Salovsky

I remember constant non-stop troll wars, taunts, one lines, No Us, blind hatred and all...we all remember it, not accusing any one side of doing it.

But what I have noticed is there is now a much more improved and positive vibe around in the OWF...after a long while.

What say you.

:sigh: I don't appreciate the use of the word 'hate' here. I'm of the belief that at the end of the day, everyone can sit down and eat at the same table. I know I'm not packing a 5k post history, but the posts that I make are generally one sided 'attacks' that often lead those down a posting line or pattern that I control. In spite of the obvious antagonizing effect that this would have on folks, I still figure them to be fellows. Fellow humans, fellow players, fellow folks who've nothing better to do at that particular time, fellow waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring-so-you-know-the-date-is-on... The point I'm trying to get at is when I get knocked down.. I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down. Fall off the bull, brush yourself off, and get your rear back on it. This rodeo ain't over, and the clowns are just taking a breather. :awesome:

I'm going with "No".

People who didn't care still don't care, and many who feel strongly probably feel even more strongly about their sides now. However, I think most people can sit down and eat at the same table like Amoshi said. I clump them in with the people who don't care.

I'd say... Mixed. Thus I voted 'maybe'.

On a personal level, as is fairly normal, I think a lot of folks found out their opponents aren't all ogres on either side. And, I expect the same, though slightly less so, at a policy (governmental) level.

And for others, the hatred will just become more entrenched.

I just found a holier-than-thou post. That might count as arrogant chest-beating.

I'd prefer to call it smug and ignorant of how some people might pick a post apart for their own ends.

Seriously, though ... looking at two threads my alliance recently was involved in, it's very mixed. Some of them even seem to complain about the ending of the wars listed.

I'd prefer to call it smug and ignorant of how some people might pick a post apart for their own ends.

Are you calling yourself smug and ignorant? Surely you must know that people pick apart posts of their own ends. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Are you calling yourself smug and ignorant? Surely you must know that people pick apart posts of their own ends. Don't be so hard on yourself.

You're right, I shouldn't. There's others who'll be more than happy to be hard on me without my even raising a finger.

I think it is also appropriate to say that most of the 'hatred' had no logical basis to begin with and therefore does not really count.

One guy commits epic lulz upon another, causing many moons of drama and hatred. But eventually they both find better things to do with their time; some people may still continue expressing the petty sentiments they developed from observation, but these guys don't really hold any stake in what the whole thing was about to begin with.

I personally never felt hatred, even founding myself agreeing with many of the Karma ideals.

However with the rise as the Continuum as a hegemonic bloc I considered a CN where there are multiple blocs with large importance impossible and unpractical. I've myself been on the receiving end of agression in the woodstock messacre, A war I left before it started due to being fed up with the incapable foreign affairs. I vowed to try and change the structure, where better to do just that from within not with weapons but with words, advice and voting.

This may seem idealistic to many of you but after the hegemonic power structures we had before and due to the fact there was no political opponent of any power made me believe that CN was changing into a place where a "CN UN" or a multi-party governing body was the next step in the evolution of this game.

So no, I do not hate and never will. I disagree